Hello I'm Randy and I'm getting ready for my first grow

I thought I could but a 30 amp in the box if there is a slot with 10_2 wire the white one ( I think it's called) across my ceiling to the other side with a plug in. I've watched it a million times have ran some wires and know the basics but tell me if I'm wrong...not 100%

Is this correct?

I thought I could but a 30 amp in the box if there is a slot with 10_2 wire the white one ( I think it's called) across my ceiling to the other side with a plug in. I've watched it a million times have ran some wires and know the basics but tell me if I'm wrong...not 100%
You can do that. I think she's talking about the entire load on your main panel. You would have to add up all the amps from your electrical appliances, lamps, lights, etc. to see how many amps you currently use. Then add that number to the Amps for all your grow equipment & make sure the total of the 2 don't exceed the 200 amps your panel is rated for.

How much do u expect to harvest when in bottles off of that? Guestimate and what are u using in the pots? Is that coco?
Looks like he's doing DWC sort of; or some kind of drain to waste. Never seen it like this before. My eye says he will pull 5.5 - 6.5 oz. off that plant when dried & cured.

You can do that. I think she's talking about the entire load on your main panel. You would have to add up all the amps from your electrical appliances, lamps, lights, etc. to see how many amps you currently use. Then add that number to the Amps for all your grow equipment & make sure the total of the 2 don't exceed the 200 amps your panel is rated for.
That and depending on where you live, your homeowner's insurance, and local codes messing around with circuits and boxes gets real complicated and can be real dangerous. Just....go slow and do stupid amounts of research. Please.

That and depending on where you live, your homeowner's insurance, and local codes messing around with circuits and boxes gets real complicated and can be real dangerous. Just....go slow and do stupid amounts of research. Please.
I had a certified electrician on this site guide me through it step by step when I did my shed so that helped.

Thanks again

hey randy. welcome to the trip.

throw some brand names at us so we can figure if you got quality or got took.
don't pull the trigger on anything else until you've got some feedback. as indicated you are already deficient in lighting, there may be a few other issues.

i don't think i saw what media you are planning on or a nutrient line mentioned. those are crucial pieces of information.

at present the best you can hope for is around 1 ounce per plant at most as a ballpark figure. running more plants won't help, they will just each produce less. you can only fit so much in the space you have planned. give us a bit and we can help get your numbers up with a bit of time and work. :)
I'm using kryptonite soil with guia greens 444 & 284

I am in housing free heat and light and I just had a look at the panel box and the basement and the ceiling is opened I have 2 slots opened for a 30amp so I'll shut the box down run the wire from where I want the plug on the wall over to the box and put it on the breaker and in the box. Turn the box on see if I have power cause I don't have a meter to check it and hope all is well..lol I have family as well if I am not positive about what I'm doing

The 1st LED's I bought were cheapo's. $60 ea. & I bought 4 of them. A few months later 1 quit working & not long after the others followed. So I opened them up to see if there was a fuse. I found burnt up wiring & melted switches. So keep an eye on cheap lights. I don't think they are very safe.

The 1st LED's I bought were cheapo's. $60 ea. & I bought 4 of them. A few months later 1 quit working & not long after the others followed. So I opened them up to see if there was a fuse. I found burnt up wiring & melted switches. So keep an eye on cheap lights. I don't think they are very safe.
I just tossed two cheapo blurples because they started getting a little too warm. Electricity and cheap rarely go well together

I have two of those 1000s, so would the 5 plants still do good in general grows? Would it make a difference if I dropped my grow from 5 plants to 3 plants?
I’m running 4 plants with that light equivalent and honestly when I get some money I’m going to upgrade my lights to a mars hydro ts 20000. But my plants are doing ok but I feel could use a little more light. I grow in a 3x3x6 tent.

The lights are horizon 1000s from Amazon. I know they are cheap but I got 2 and I'm hoping that's enough for the 4+4 tent and 5 plants.

hey randy

after your environment the single most important thing is light. light will have more effect, negative or positive, than any other single thing you will do. your success is tied directly to your lighting choice. it is the most important thing you will ever purchase.

good led is not cheap. you very much get what you pay for. purchase your light based on the area you need coverage for. on this board we have many great choices among the sponsors.

look at budget led, atreum, nextlight, photontek, or mars hydro.

mars is the budget choice, but there products seem to last the shortest, and they don't usually use the best components in their builds. we also have wee grow on the board who are new disrupters in the space, and may be a better deal over the mars.

the others mentioned are all rock solid and i can recommend several of their products.

hey randy

after your environment the single most important thing is light. light will have more effect, negative or positive, than any other single thing you will do. your success is tied directly to your lighting choice. it is the most important thing you will ever purchase.

good led is not cheap. you very much get what you pay for. purchase your light based on the area you need coverage for. on this board we have many great choices among the sponsors.

look at budget led, atreum, nextlight, photontek, or mars hydro.

mars is the budget choice, but there products seem to last the shortest, and they don't usually use the best components in their builds. we also have wee grow on the board who are new disrupters in the space, and may be a better deal over the mars.

the others mentioned are all rock solid and i can recommend several of their products.
I dont have a very big budget buying as I go really. I think I'm going to see what these two lights do first then if it don't work out I'll upgrade cause I just bought these. They were only like 149 each or something they are the hornozon 1000watts

I’m running 4 plants with that light equivalent and honestly when I get some money I’m going to upgrade my lights to a mars hydro ts 20000. But my plants are doing ok but I feel could use a little more light. I grow in a 3x3x6 tent.
The TSW 2000 works excellent in a 3 x 3.

I dont have a very big budget buying as I go really. I think I'm going to see what these two lights do first then if it don't work out I'll upgrade cause I just bought these. They were only like 149 each or something they are the hornozon 1000watts
If they were $150 ea. & are 1000's they are probably safer then most of the cheapo lights. That's about the same price as a Mars Hydro TS 1000.
I have been a big fan of Mars till lately. They keep changing their parts & it seems to me they are cheaper parts (I can't back that up, just my opinion). I have 2 - TSW 2000's that are 2.5 yrs. old with MeanWell Drivers. The next 2 I bought had Fahold Drivers & this last one I bought only says IP 65 Driver. The prices went up a little though. So now I quit buying Mars lights because of this (5 - TSW 2000's & 1 TS 3000 later). So now I started purchasing my lights by the parts they're made with.

If they were $150 ea. & are 1000's they are probably safer then most of the cheapo lights. That's about the same price as a Mars Hydro TS 1000.
I have been a big fan of Mars till lately. They keep changing their parts & it seems to me they are cheaper parts (I can't back that up, just my opinion). I have 2 - TSW 2000's that are 2.5 yrs. old with MeanWell Drivers. The next 2 I bought had Fahold Drivers & this last one I bought only says IP 65 Driver. The prices went up a little though. So now I quit buying Mars lights because of this (5 - TSW 2000's & 1 TS 3000 later). So now I started purchasing my lights by the parts they're made with.
I was just looking up on the lights and they are the same as the sf 1000s it says 1.8 grams per watt I think the spider farmers say pulls 100watts of power they say 2.5 grams per watt

Back
Top Bottom