Hello I'm Randy and I'm getting ready for my first grow

Yes I was waiting for someone to mention it. I have one in my cart on Amazon just waiti f for some funds. I will have it by the time I put my plants in. And thanks for the I go on the circuits I never thought anything about it. Is there something I can buy or what should I do. I only have 2 maybe 3 outlets in the room the tent is going In.
all new items have a wattage on them so they are easy to figure out. The 3 plugs on the room may all be on 1 circuit. I would suggest finding the breaker for that room, turn it off and plug something into each and see if it turns on, if you have 1 that powers your item, then you have 2 different circuits. I am pretty sure that you should be able to run everything off of 1 circuit as long as you are not using electric heaters. In my tent I run 2x1000 watt lights that pull 180 watts each from the plug, 1x 18" fan, 1x 12" fan, 1x 6" exhaust fan, 1x 54 watt air compressor, 1x humidifier and 1x 1500 watt heater. I am so close to max that when I change my lights out tomorrow for the big one that pulls 500 watts from the wall, I have to put in another plug and circuit because im over if I only use the one circuit. Like I said, unless your lights are pulling big wattage, you should be fine. On amazon, if you ask the question "how many watts do these lights pull from the plug?" if the answer is not already there, someone will answer.

hey randy. welcome to the trip.

throw some brand names at us so we can figure if you got quality or got took.
don't pull the trigger on anything else until you've got some feedback. as indicated you are already deficient in lighting, there may be a few other issues.

i don't think i saw what media you are planning on or a nutrient line mentioned. those are crucial pieces of information.

at present the best you can hope for is around 1 ounce per plant at most as a ballpark figure. running more plants won't help, they will just each produce less. you can only fit so much in the space you have planned. give us a bit and we can help get your numbers up with a bit of time and work. :)

I'm looking to get 4 ounces a plant and I've happy with that. I think I should be able to accomplish that but we will see. I may buy another cheap 1000watt and have 3 lights instead of two when I go into flower. Let me know what everyone thinks of this...thanks again rdanger
Buy a note book and write everything that you do down, keep a journal because you may change something and then the next day be wondering why your plant went sideways on you.

hey randy. welcome to the trip.

throw some brand names at us so we can figure if you got quality or got took.
don't pull the trigger on anything else until you've got some feedback. as indicated you are already deficient in lighting, there may be a few other issues.

i don't think i saw what media you are planning on or a nutrient line mentioned. those are crucial pieces of information.

at present the best you can hope for is around 1 ounce per plant at most as a ballpark figure. running more plants won't help, they will just each produce less. you can only fit so much in the space you have planned. give us a bit and we can help get your numbers up with a bit of time and work. :)
I think he is in for a information overload, lmao:D

so true,lol. My first grow was a disaster, I never got the truckload that I thought I was gonna get, ended up with 2 zip per plant. I swithed from soil to dwc and never looked back, since then I pull 4 to 6 zip per plant and the one that comes off in 2-3 weeks will be by far my biggest yield yet, but I invested in way bigger light with a 4x4 flower area.

so true,lol. My first grow was a disaster, I never got the truckload that I thought I was gonna get, ended up with 2 zip per plant. I swithed from soil to dwc and never looked back, since then I pull 4 to 6 zip per plant and the one that comes off in 2-3 weeks will be by far my biggest yield yet, but I invested in way bigger light with a 4x4 flower area.

pretty sure not many would continue if they did as bad as my first couple grows.
i was lucky though. i had a unique combination of desperate and stupid that dictated i stay with it until i get it.

same way i learned how to snowboard lol :p

Thanks for the info i learned already that my wattage wasn't what they said which I kinda had the idea anyway but wasn't sure how it worked. I am super green (new) at this so I may ask stupid questions but that's how I learn lol. When do I start topping? Do I top the first tip I can or wait?
When you see your plant has 4 sets of leaves & starting to make a 5th set Top between the 4th & 5th nodes (sets of leaves) & cut off the bottom 2 sets of leaves & branches. That leaves you 4 main branches that you LST (Low Stress Train). When those 4 branches grow out 3 sets of leaves, top right above the 3rd set on each of the 4 branches. Now you will get 8 good branches to work with & you will pull 4 oz. per plant if you add the 3rd light you mentioned. This is my normal way of growing & I usually get 8 - 10 oz. per plant.
Take a look at you Breaker panel & find out if it says 100 Amp or 200 Amp. If it's 100 you may have something to worry about. 200 Amp Service with what you are running so far should be no problem unless you are running everything in the house at the same time.
If you really want to play it safe you can buy something like a MLC-8 (Master Lighting Controller) & run it to a 50 Amp breaker in your Electric Panel with #6 Wire. Then you plug everything into the controller. I'm going to do this, this summer. I wired my entire grow shed myself & ran the electric from the box to a sub panel I put in the shed. Everything in the shed runs off that sub panel so it pretty much does the same thing as the MLC. I just don't have the built in timers the MLC has so I have to use the plug in type timers.

When you see your plant has 4 sets of leaves & starting to make a 5th set Top between the 4th & 5th nodes (sets of leaves) & cut off the bottom 2 sets of leaves & branches. That leaves you 4 main branches that you LST (Low Stress Train). When those 4 branches grow out 3 sets of leaves, top right above the 3rd set on each of the 4 branches. Now you will get 8 good branches to work with & you will pull 4 oz. per plant if you add the 3rd light you mentioned. This is my normal way of growing & I usually get 8 - 10 oz. per plant.
Take a look at you Breaker panel & find out if it says 100 Amp or 200 Amp. If it's 100 you may have something to worry about. 200 Amp Service with what you are running so far should be no problem unless you are running everything in the house at the same time.
If you really want to play it safe you can buy something like a MLC-8 (Master Lighting Controller) & run it to a 50 Amp breaker in your Electric Panel with #6 Wire. Then you plug everything into the controller. I'm going to do this, this summer. I wired my entire grow shed myself & ran the electric from the box to a sub panel I put in the shed. Everything in the shed runs off that sub panel so it pretty much does the same thing as the MLC. I just don't have the built in timers the MLC has so I have to use the plug in type timers.

Thanks for the Info again buds buddy it's greatly appreciated. And maybe what I will do is put another beaker in the panel box and just run my tent off that breaker. I'll put a 30 amp as u said that should be enough. Is this correct?

I think he is in for a information overload, lmao:D
Well I plan on running 3 of those 1000watt lights on my 4*4 they are honorsen I think is the brand on them. And I have 5 seeds so maybe I will just put 3 plants in with just the two lights and see what happens. For the medium I am using kryptonite soil and guia greens 444 and 284 dry amendments.

I hope this inspires you Randy. From seed to almost harvest in 100 days. Plant is suffering from a Boron deficiency, due to low humidity and a dry room during the whole grow, which in turn impedes the Calcium and Magnesium uptake, it was either that or burn it up using PH down, so I just let it do its own thing, The PH has come down on its own, read that tip on here somewhere.

20201121_210041.jpg

DSC_0146.JPG

Thanks for the Info again buds buddy it's greatly appreciated. And maybe what I will do is put another beaker in the panel box and just run my tent off that breaker. I'll put a 30 amp as u said that should be enough. Is this correct?
As long as you aren't using a window or portable AC unit 30 Amps is good. You would need 50 Amp with an AC unit running on the same breaker. I have an AC unit in my shed / flower room so I had to go 50 Amp.

I hope this inspires you Randy. From seed to almost harvest in 100 days. Plant is suffering from a Boron deficiency, due to low humidity and a dry room during the whole grow, which in turn impedes the Calcium and Magnesium uptake, it was either that or burn it up using PH down, so I just let it do its own thing, The PH has come down on its own, read that tip on here somewhere.

20201121_210041.jpg

DSC_0146.JPG
I started hearing Tom Petty in my head looking at that plant. "Let's get, To the Point; & Roll another joint ... cuz you don't know how it feels" ... lol.

As long as you aren't using a window or portable AC unit 30 Amps is good. You would need 50 Amp with an AC unit running on the same breaker. I have an AC unit in my shed / flower room so I had to go 50 Amp.
The room I'm putting the tent in is in the basement so I can control the heat pretty good with just the heater from the room and the door closed. The room with the heater off is cool in the summer or probably room temp, so I'm hoping fans and humidifier and dehumidifier will be fine but I'll know when I set the tent up in about a week. My seeds will be here around the same time next Thursday so I will set up the tent and try and see how close I can get the temp and humidity to perfect before the seeds are even in the pots

You might want to do some independent research before rewiring anything. You're working with budget LEDs and modern UL electronics (hopefully :D ), not industrial equipment. I wired my entire wood shop, forge, and foundry (as well as all the other more normal electrical around here)and the only place I needed greater than 20amp breakers was for my table saw and old terrifying radial arm saw (neither of which need that much individually but other stuff tends to be running when I go to power them on and motors are special cases).

You should never start upgrading breakers without knowing what the preexisting system is comprised of. Increasing amps means upgrading cabling and fixtures in some instances. If your cabling is too thin and you change the breaker to 45amps and put something big on it, you can start fires.

You might want to do some independent research before rewiring anything. You're working with budget LEDs and modern UL electronics (hopefully :D ), not industrial equipment. I wired my entire wood shop, forge, and foundry (as well as all the other more normal electrical around here)and the only place I needed greater than 20amp breakers was for my table saw and old terrifying radial arm saw (neither of which need that much individually but other stuff tends to be running when I go to power them on and motors are special cases).

You should never start upgrading breakers without knowing what the preexisting system is comprised of. Increasing amps means upgrading cabling and fixtures in some instances. If your cabling is too thin and you change the breaker to 45amps and put something big on it, you can start fires.

I thought I could but a 30 amp in the box if there is a slot with 10_2 wire the white one ( I think it's called) across my ceiling to the other side with a plug in. I've watched it a million times have ran some wires and know the basics but tell me if I'm wrong...not 100%

Back
Top Bottom