Help? anyone

Re: help just new to growing

Hi mate, How are ya?
As said, topping can be stressful on the plant, as with any trimming/removal of branches,leaves etc at an early stage. It will hinder the progress a little, or even if done incorrectly may kill your plant. But if you intend to top - listen to these guys and wait
a little longer for the plant to establish itself so it wont shock too much. Maybe wait til 5 or 6 pairs of leaves have grown-thats IMO..
I LST, and have taken it up over the past year or so, and it is a little hands on, tethering branches to get them to respond by the plant sending other branches up as main branches, so instead of 1 main cola up top, you can get upto 14 or more main cola's if you have the room for the plant.
My last girl was 6.5ft tallx 4.5ft wide and had buds that were 2ft long!! Most cola's buds were all over 1ft in length and about 10 inch in diameter. Ill put a few pics of the process I used last grow, hope you get the idea. But topping can produce a good result mate so its totally your call what u chooose to do, either way, theres guys here to help;)
2012-07-20_10_14_25.jpg
first tethers placed..
2012-07-21_22_35_48.jpg

2012-07-26_09_59_24.jpg

2012-08-05_20_07_36.jpg

2012-08-07_15_15_08.jpg
Her stems..She had 14 main branches,2 didnt gro
2012-08-16_09_13_56.jpg

2012-08-30_09_58_24.jpg

2012-09-01_18_43_17.jpg

2012-10-08_16_05_28.jpg
flowering..
2012-10-08_16_04_52.jpg

2012-10-22_19_27_19.jpg

2012-10-31_18_22_30.jpg

2012-10-31_16_02_06.jpg
There you go..
Sorry for posting so many pics, I just thought Id show you how well LST works and is usually guaranteed to give more tops than with topping, or FIM Im fairly sure?? PLz correct me if wrong guys!!
Best of luk no matter what ya do. Smokemup.

Max potential is NOT topping them.
If not topping is the max we can push then please explain why a good portion of growers (pros and noobies) use this method and recieve a higher yield ????
IN MY OPINION,
Hypothetically,
in nature 1-12" cola and lots of smaller ones, average

In MAN MADE enviro, bend the same plant over, bonsai,lst,supper crop, scog, screen of green, and other forms of TRAINING, when performed properly , will produce a better end product and yield.
This site is full of people that prove this every day.
Please don't come back with "those methods are for space saving"
:peace:

If not topping is the max we can push then please explain why a good portion of growers (pros and noobies) use this method and recieve a higher yield ????
IN MY OPINION,
Hypothetically,
in nature 1-12" cola and lots of smaller ones, average

In MAN MADE enviro, bend the same plant over, bonsai,lst,supper crop, scog, screen of green, and other forms of TRAINING, when performed properly , will produce a better end product and yield.
This site is full of people that prove this every day.
Please don't come back with "those methods are for space saving"
:peace:

Bending plants over, LST, scrogs, sog all have nothing to do with topping.

Are you just trying to pick a fight over nothing or do you just not think before you speak?

Thats fine if they do, but I still stand by the statement that topping is not max potential and will never be, it stunts growth. Training with low stress over hard stress is much more desirable.

@kingmayfair, you really should consider LST or scroging over topping and fimming. But hey its your buds your plants if you wanna insist on topping, nothing can be done to stop you.

Re: help just new to growing

those photos are awesome man! whenever my mood needs a little lift, you shoulda seen me grin wider and wider as i viewed em, wish he was my neighbor

I agree with Jimmy, topping creates stress that is unneeded. The key is to have short internode spacing, don't let your babies stretch and she will produce many side branches that will all have tops. It's a proven fact that topping will stunt growth for up to 2 weeks or more depending on your grow conditions. I strictly grow autoflowers under hps so any stress or stunting really hurts and is sometimes unrecoverable.

You guys do realize if you dont top the plant still makes more then one cola right? :p

Thats fine if they do, but I still stand by the statement that topping is not max potential and will never be, it stunts growth. Training with low stress over hard stress is much more desirable.
I use lst to take more advantage of toping.

@Kingmayfair, you really should consider LST or scroging over topping and fimming. But hey its your buds your plants if you wanna insist on topping, nothing can be done to stop you.
I have not been able to get "fimming to work for me

I agree with Jimmy, topping creates stress that is unneeded. The key is to have short inter node spacing, don't let your babies stretch and she will produce many side branches that will all have tops. It's a proven fact that topping will stunt growth for up to 2 weeks or more depending on your grow conditions. I strictly grow autoflowers under hps so any stress or stunting really hurts and is sometimes unrecoverable.

I agree with no stress on autos other than bending with out breaking. I waited more autos learnig them than I have regular plants.
I give you reps for only auto grows.:Namaste:
I got my last 4 autos goin now 80 days from germ. I stunted them with cold air , cold water to much nutes, dropped 2x4 on them,(they were board:rofl::rofl:)
I guess what I am saying is now that I have takin the info from experienced growers about topping/lst/scrog/bending and did my own testing of these methods, ( 8-9 runs with 4-45 plants) I have found 1. the environment with a method that gives me exactly what I am looking for.:peace:

I have not been able to get "fimming to work for me

I agree with no stress on autos other than bending with out breaking. I waited more autos learnig them than I have regular plants.
I give you reps for only auto grows.:Namaste:
I got my last 4 autos goin now 80 days from germ. I stunted them with cold air , cold water to much nutes, dropped 2x4 on them,(they were board:rofl::rofl:)
I guess what I am saying is now that I have takin the info from experienced growers about topping/lst/scrog/bending and did my own testing of these methods, ( 8-9 runs with 4-45 plants) I have found 1. the environment with a method that gives me exactly what I am looking for.:peace:

I recently am on my 3rd grow now.. from my time growing and reading up on the forums i also have to come to conclusion that topping is a ok growing technic but doesnt even compare to a well LST'd plant..... now saying that.. it also depends on the strain.. growin conditions etc....

But you grow 2 plants together same strains... same soil same everything.. and you top one and the other you Lst the other.. i willing to bet that 90 percent the LST'd plant will yeild , grow , respond, and will level out better than the topped plant..
You can still get great growth and many heads ( even more tops ) i believe with lsting... heres a picture of one of my lst'd plants

know count how many heads you think are there..... and i got them all from only lsting.... dont waste your time slowing your plant down & hurting it stunting growth.

DSCN19804.JPG
DSCN19774.JPG

These guys on this site are really good advice givers so you should really listen to them ;)

:peace: JJ

no imagination. the finale product is better due to the stress each plant has 15 tops.
and now with no screen buds are exploding.
SO in MY room , with my bending , topping, supper cropping , old ass nutes and freezing temps
I am very friken happy with 1-2 oz per plant And I see no reason I will not hit this
I have done ,some stupid in some peoples eyes, shit to many plants and this is what always works under MY conditions

Back
Top Bottom