Help - Plants dying after flipping to flower

Whyamiblitzed

Not sure what the problem is. At a certain point all my plants have just starting yellowing immediately after a transplant from 2 to 3 gallon pot and being flipped to flower. I do not think overwatering is the problem. Not much growth on the plants at all. These plants were perfectly healthy and happy in veg. Could the water being too cold from my well cause them to act this funky? I've never had a problem like this and can't find a fix and I'm about to lose 20 plants that were ready to flip. 3000w worth. If anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate the help. Here are a few pics. I can post some of the 5 Glue later tonight that have been flipped over a week and look like crap.

doIZdhT.jpg

RoDYiEj.jpg

YZA3Upd.jpg

XLuasEH.jpg

Ur ph is prolly too high i had the same issue and when i corrected it my leaves greened up again. What r u using for medium?

Sent from my LGL44VL using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Ur ph is prolly too high i had the same issue and when i corrected it my leaves greened up again. What r u using for medium?

Potters gold. Use same soil for veg and flower. I use vegbloom dirty and shine as nutrients for flower that's it. Never had problems till the past month or two. I was wondering if it was water temp or something but it's ridiculous. They go from being perfect specimens to raggedy yellowing plants that aren't growing. It's driving me fucking bonkers

Potters gold. Use same soil for veg and flower. I use vegbloom dirty and shine as nutrients for flower that's it. Never had problems till the past month or two. I was wondering if it was water temp or something but it's ridiculous. They go from being perfect specimens to raggedy yellowing plants that aren't growing. It's driving me fucking bonkers
Idk if its the water temp but how much warmer and dryer is ur flower tent than veg tent? If ur feeding too strong of nutes in the beginning of flowering ur plants will suck that shit up fast as hell resulting in ur plants taking in too much nutrients be patient with yourself and ur plants bro. I kno ur stressin but this is how we all learn n become better growers

Idk if its the water temp but how much warmer and dryer is ur flower tent than veg tent? If ur feeding too strong of nutes in the beginning of flowering ur plants will suck that shit up fast as hell resulting in ur plants taking in too much nutrients be patient with yourself and ur plants bro. I kno ur stressin but this is how we all learn n become better growers

Temps and humidity aren't a big difference between the two flower areas and veg. Could my well water be going bad since it's been winter? I'm all out of ideas right now. Depressed watching them deteriorate. I've literally never had this happen like this. The curlingof the new growth is what irks me the most

I've come to the conclusion that it is the water temp I'm putting on them. The tops of the soil that are wet are reading 62 after 16 hours of daylight so I'm assumingg the water going in is at 45 or something ridiculous and is shocking the root zone causing all kinds of deficiencies. Does this sound applicable to anyone else?

It shouldn't be a problem if ur temps are high enough in ur tent man. Environment and ph level are everything. I use tap water too n i live in northern Wisconsin.

How long did you wait to switch to 12/12 after you transplanted..

i transplant right before flipping into 12/12 on the same day. I may have soaked them too much and caused them to stunt. Doesn't seem like they need a whole half gallon when there aren't many roots in the potted up zone. I'm going to water with a 1/4 gallon from this point on even if I have to do t every day. At week three or four I'll start giving them the full half gallon. Should I stop fertilizing until they recover? Maybe just plain water and super thrive?

well. i will just tell you how i do it. without problmes. first, i use four gallon pots, not important. just my choice. after i put them in these, from the one gallons, i let them live under my t-5 for at least a month. when i water, or feed, i do it thoughly, till some drips out the bottom. then, nothing, till the pots are preety much empty of liquid. i still use the water probe. its easy, and honest. i use superthrive, ONLY in veg phase. after a month in the four gallons, they have their root systems established. so. i move then to my flushing area, flush them modestly, till i put a few gallons thru them, and i let them drain. i then place them into the flower area. just like that. but the time they are dry enough to feed, they should have been showing signs of bud start. i them feed them bloom nutes. when i am three weeks from chopping, i flush the liveing heck out of them. gallons of water thru them. get the nutes out! i use my ppm meter, to test the runoff, so i know how much is left. when i am at about double, of my plain water, i stop. let em drain, and, replace them under the lights. if they need water, before chop, give just plain water, or, a bit of molasses. generally, they have slowed down enough, on thier uptake, that they dont need any more. harvest. i hope this has helped. until you get the hang of it, use only half the nutes, the bottle says. these gals really dont need all the nutes, so many love to pour on them.....happy new year. -rob

Transplanting and flipping on same day def wont have helped. You want atleast a week after a transplant before flowering. I cant see your pictures so i cant tell you what could be wrong. You want an ec/ppm meter so you know whT you are feeding plants. Otherwise its just guess work. And also need a ph meter to keep an eye on ph. Its far easier to diagnose issues if you have those tools.

Your growing in soil and how long have they been growing and do you fertilize them when you water them?

They might need to be fertilized if they have been growing in the soil for 8 weeks with water only. :volcano-smiley:

Back
Top Bottom