Dying plant?

GoldenGlow

A week before flowering began the large fan leaves started to gradually turn yellow and die. After plant went into flowering a week later yellow became more rapid. I added a little extra nitrogen to the water to help but that didn't help. I then tried a flush as suggested here and now it seems as though the pot has become water-logged as its been a week now and the pot is so heavy still.

Even though the soil is full of water the plant is not getting it because its become very limp. I tried to water it just a very small amount which helped it a bit, but leaves continue to die.

Is there anything I can do to save the plant? It's still about 6 weeks out from harvest, if it can survive that long or if it hasn't already been significantly slowed in the flowering process because of the massive stress its under.

Really tricky business this plant growing is. It's my only plant for the year, so if this doesn't work I'm without for the next 12 months. Please if there's anyone who can help I'd be so grateful.

Cheers

Do you have good drain holes? What's your ph of water going in and have you checked the ph of the runoff water?

IMG_293414.jpg
IMG_292017.jpg

Yeah I have excellent drain holes, ph tester says 7, assuming it works. Pot just feels super heavy and not losing weight like it initially did..

Should I transplant into another pot, add some light materials like bark chips or something to help with drying it out?

Without knowing everything leading up to this it's so hard to say. Soil type? Nutrients used? Natural or supplemented lights? pH and EC of water and runoff? There are so many variables.

There are some seriously gifted growers here (I'm not one of them) but they will need something to go on to be able to help you.
I hope your thread gets some attention and your plant pulls through!

It's outdoor grow during summer in sub tropical climate. I used organic soil from hardware store, which includes a bunch of different manures. I use rainwater for watering and added carp fertiliser for nitrogen during veg every couple of weeks. Then used some bloom fertiliser once it started to flower as recommended on the label.

The veg stage lasted about 9 weeks, looked healthy and then one by one the leaves started to turn yellow and die. I think there was just a nitrogen deficiency and probably should have given it one last hit of nitrogen as the flowering was beginning.

My next mistake I believe, was to then over water it as the leaves were dying. Then when I try to give some nitrogen it got even more over watered, then finally to flush it as recommended mess it up even more. This trying to fix the dying leaves has finally led to the water logged issue now, where its just not drying out, pot weighs a ton. Live and learn I guess, just wish I wasn't so dependant on this harvest.

you can transplant from them pots if you want , you lay it down and open the 2 screws

it looks hungry to be honest

them leaves should just pluck off ,( the real yellow ones ) so give them a slight tug if they fall off in your hand she needed more (N) your meant to feed grow nutes a few weeks into flower as they use a lot of (N) when stretching and building flower sites:thumb:

Thanks for the feedback.

So it seems its under-nourished and over-watered.. Hmm how to fix this issue since I need to water it in order to nourish it?

Also since its almost 3 weeks into flower what would be the best form of nutrition? Should I give the fish fertiliser which is high in nitrogen, or just keep the bloom one going every 2 weeks as directed on the label?

I guess its cos I've spent so many hours reading everything I can find, its like info overload, then I'm not sure if I over fertilise it I'll get burnt plant or under fertilise it then its starts to eat itself..

Just another thought I had. This strain is Afghan Kush X Black Domina, which is pure Indica, but the environment I'm in is fairly humid, well sub tropics, could that have an impact?

Back
Top Bottom