Help what’s going on?

Scaryeire121

420 Member
Can’t work out why this is happening any one see this before to this extreme?
Temps 24 c
Rh 52-55
4 weeks in veg

CD105E7F-9E1D-422E-B870-61C9FC5C1A44.jpeg

E5C2653E-E5E3-489E-939C-A924BBAF9290.jpeg

Hey Scary

I see your concern, that is one stressed out plant.

Do you have any pests? I'm wondering if something is attacking the roots or if you could have a root problem.
Do you have any idea the root zone temperature - is it very cold to touch?

Temps 24 c
Rh 52-55
4 weeks in veg

I have a couple Sativa dom strains that do this...but, only after feeding/watering and when they're off to the side and at an angle from the light...or as PP said, a fan blows on them directly...or both :snowboating: :goodluck:

Welcome @Scaryeire121 . It's a pleasure to have you aboard.

That is unusual. Is there a fan blowing on it by chance?
Thank you for the welcome. No the fan is high up as there Young but out side the grow area is cold at the minute but the others don’t seem to be affected.
Lights are metal halide
The floor is the floor of the tent, this is on a wooden floor in the bedroom

Hey Scary

I see your concern, that is one stressed out plant.

Do you have any pests? I'm wondering if something is attacking the roots or if you could have a root problem.
Do you have any idea the root zone temperature - is it very cold to touch?
Thanks for the reply’s all.
no pests
Riot zone is mid high teens.

Temps 24 c
Rh 52-55
4 weeks in veg

Welcome friend beautiful garden.
That little duck looks male to me. :green_heart:

The floor is the coldest point in any room, take a temp reading on the floor. I’m pretty confident they will benefit from being elevated in the tent, improvise use a step stool, old milk crate or whatevs.

Also the grow bags are sitting in drip pans, when you lift the bag out most likely there is a continual wet spot under the bag, improvise to make a non porous spacer between the bag and the drip tray, this will get airflow under the bag and allow the soil to dry out better. Point a fan to move air around the bottom of the plant.

You are watering too frequently, a plant that size should be able to go 4 to 6 days minimum with no water added. When the top of soil dries out the bottom is still very much wet. There is no way a plant that size can use up the water every 3 days. Fill a same size bag with dry soil, use this as a comparison weight. A bag of dry soil should be light as a feather. When soil totally dries out she will send out tiny root hairs to search for water. Growth cannot happen aboveground until first the roots grow to support a bigger plant, roots can’t grow in continually wet soil.

The floor is the coldest point in any room, take a temp reading on the floor. I’m pretty confident they will benefit from being elevated in the tent, improvise use a step stool, old milk crate or whatevs.

Also the grow bags are sitting in drip pans, when you lift the bag out most likely there is a continual wet spot under the bag, improvise to make a non porous spacer between the bag and the drip tray, this will get airflow under the bag and allow the soil to dry out better. Point a fan to move air around the bottom of the plant.

You are watering too frequently, a plant that size should be able to go 4 to 6 days minimum with no water added. When the top of soil dries out the bottom is still very much wet. There is no way a plant that size can use up the water every 3 days. Fill a same size bag with dry soil, use this as a comparison weight. A bag of dry soil should be light as a feather. When soil totally dries out she will send out tiny root hairs to search for water. Growth cannot happen aboveground until first the roots grow to support a bigger plant, roots can’t grow in continually wet soil.
Heya thanks for the reply.
the pots have a layer of stones at the bottom giving drainage and keeping the soil from the tray.
I agree about all the rest though.
Elevating at this time of year makes sense. It’s freezing over here so the ground would be low temps.
When I say feed every couple of days we are talking half a ltr if that. Again I feed the soil is dry to dust. I don’t think it’s the feeding scheduled tbh iv never over fed before and this is a first. I only started using fabric pots recent and with the cold temps your original suggestion seems to be the one that makes the most sense.
again thanks for the great input.

Back
Top Bottom