Hemp winner newbie

Cheryle79

420 Member
Hey guys,
I won hemp master #2 seeds and am trying to grow them.
They are seedlings now tho one plant true leaves have shrivelled and leaving only the first flat leaves, is this norm?
Also they are in norm compost, I will buy them feed soon, I’m hoping to put them into my greenhouse they are indoors on my window ledge at the min.
One seedling stem has been snapped because my dog sniffed at it, will it grow again?
3D07F830-6A97-45A5-877D-53ED997557C5.jpeg
BFFA267C-8853-4DC4-8B97-2D1BB41D9F34.jpeg
A81F58CA-EE97-4A1D-B3F7-2CAB493A846F.jpeg

Hey guys,
I won hemp master #2 seeds and am trying to grow them.
They are seedlings now tho one plant true leaves have shrivelled and leaving only the first flat leaves, is this norm?
Also they are in norm compost, I will buy them feed soon, I’m hoping to put them into my greenhouse they are indoors on my window ledge at the min.
One seedling stem has been snapped because my dog sniffed at it, will it grow again?
3D07F830-6A97-45A5-877D-53ED997557C5.jpeg
BFFA267C-8853-4DC4-8B97-2D1BB41D9F34.jpeg
A81F58CA-EE97-4A1D-B3F7-2CAB493A846F.jpeg
It might. Your soil is too wet.

I haven’t watered them since I repotted days ago.
Will I put them in a warmer location to dry them out??
I would let the soil dry out a lot. Here in the US most people are used to house plants from wet tropical conditions which you can water until the dirt is soup. Cannabis is very different. Emilya has a great post about how to water in soil: The Proper Way To Water A Potted Plant

Also never give up on a plant until it's dead dead. I mean really dead. They can do some magical stuff in the necromancy department.

p.s.; Welcome to the forums! :tommy:

Welcome Cheryle! Weed wants a certain soil texture, tilth I think it's called. That is a soil that can keep air as well as moisture and nutrients. Fox farms, Roots Organic, Coast of Maine, Michigan Mix are a few. Perlite and other things help keep it right. When they grow to the next level pot size and you up pot them consider a good commercial canna friendly soil.
Also watering is a huge thing. They want a wet/dry(ish) cycle. There's a couple of watering links below.

Welcome Cheryle! Weed wants a certain soil texture, tilth I think it's called. That is a soil that can keep air as well as moisture and nutrients. Fox farms, Roots Organic, Coast of Maine, Michigan Mix are a few. Perlite and other things help keep it right. When they grow to the next level pot size and you up pot them consider a good commercial canna friendly soil.
Also watering is a huge thing. They want a wet/dry(ish) cycle. There's a couple of watering links below.
tilth! New word! Thank you Otter!

I haven’t watered them since I repotted days ago.
Will I put them in a warmer location to dry them out??
Whats the temps of both?

You’re getting some good advice. Keep in mind that many new growers kill their plants with kindness. Too much water in soil is common. Too much or the wrong kind of fertilizer is also common. Sometimes it’s better to do too little than too much. But def take the bags off. And never give up as @copperrein pointed out. They are fighters. I have a little seedling that I culled and stuck in an unused cloning tray with no water or light about a week ago. It refuses to die!

This thread has been moved to Frequently Asked Questions.

We work hard to make 420 Magazine as navigable as possible for members and guests so that information can be easily found. We also want to ensure that your own thread receives the most appropriate responses, views or support.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom