Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

re: Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

Ok thanks PB... I found some rustoleum that's for plastic looks like that's the winner.

Damn doors and BS keys making my life miserable :lot-o-toke:

Hey WnF thanks. That's why I didn't paint them to begin with, it was still very cold outside and I didn't want the fumes in the house. Now it's fine outside.

I'm seriously thinking of transplanting all the WW's, what can I lose? I'll prep the 2L's today - how long do you think they need to dry to be cured? First I'll scratch them up with a wire brush.

Doc recommends an h2o2 flush and I have to go back and check out his instructions... warning don't use h2o2 in soil, hydro only!

Problems suck but I see another learning experience coming right at me :slide:

Just to add to the H2O2 warning...It's not an issue in synthetic hydro, but you need to be careful with any organic nutes since the H2O2 can kill the beneficials, too!

Krylon for plastic....5.99 a spray can at the Ace...Lowes...Home Despot...no prep, no primer...I don't even wash the stuff....just point and spray....Hose it Down!!

PS Chopper you stoner - 420fied and I are copying the exact same grower and grow. Now I know his looks way better, but you sounded like you'd never seen anything like it before in your life on his thread yesterday lol.

Good to hear your replacement came. Kind of a 2fer there huh. Good for you! :thumb:

Cure time really comes down to temp and RH. Normally I wait an extra day (or more given the weather) from the stated spec on the can. Your 48hrs sounds ideal.

Haven't crossed paths with H2O2 yet, but it makes perfect sense to me.
:goodluck:Man... I'm eager to see the results.

Good to hear your replacement came. Kind of a 2fer there huh. Good for you! :thumb:

Cure time really comes down to temp and RH. Normally I wait an extra day (or more given the weather) from the stated spec on the can. Your 48hrs sounds ideal.

Haven't crossed paths with H2O2 yet, but it makes perfect sense to me.
:goodluck:Man... I'm eager to see the results.

Hey Bro thanks for all your help and advice. They now look like the Cirque du Soleil Blue Guys, if the Blue Guys were 2 liters lol!

Blue Dog's Blue Hempies... has a nice ring to it.

H2O2 is short for hydrogen peroxide, you can get it cheap at any drug or grocery store. It basically kills almost anything it comes in contact with, especially stuff like microbes. That's why you don't want to use it in soil. But it will hopefully kill the algae and any scuzzies growing on the roots, and not kill the roots.

If that's been my problem there won't be any spectacular results, I caught it pretty late and even if I kill everything down there the roots are still stunted, and of course that means the plants are too. I'm kind of kicking myself I should have pulled one and looked at the roots a month ago. I got overconfident because everything went so well on my last grow I thought I had things dialed in.... wrongo!

Typically you want to catch and fix root issues early in the grow, the plants then have a chance to recover better.

I'm trying to decide how I feel about sunlighthydroponics. I know this journal gets a fair amount of views and I want to be fair.

First off this new replacement mover seems great so far, it's very quiet. Will it last? I hope so but time will tell. For what I paid I'm happy with it at this point and if I had gotten this motor in my original shipment I'd have been thrilled.

Secondly the owner was great in his initial response and he did send me the new mover promptly. However the difference between the first and second times I spoke with him was night and day, and the fact that he didn't follow up with any kind of note or arrangements to have the defective motor returned leaves a me with a somewhat wary feeling.

And of course the first motor I was shipped was a joke... and he said he personally inspects each one which I don't know how to interpret.

I think all in all he deserves the benefit of the doubt. He made it good to me, and maybe he was having a bad day at the office the second time we spoke. He wasn't rude he just wasn't friendly either, like I am when I'm having a bad day... like hey there what do you want?

He's also got 99% good feedback on ebay with a lot of transactions so I'm going to assume that I got the lemon that slipped through and it's not an everyday thing.

I went for the cheapest mover I could find, and for my $107 I now seem to have one that is doing exactly what I hoped.

So in conclusion I don't have a problem recommending this mover or this company if you're in the low end market like me. It works great and it's such a simple device it will hopefully work for a long time.

It's a beautiful spring day here and I've been taking advantage, have planted 6 seeds each of sweet banana peppers, cherry tomatoes & pole beans in sunshine organic soil :cheer:

That is a really nice soil, it's spongy as hell.

For you soil guys, I have epsoma bio-tone starter with the mychor... stuff in it, also have the ironite mineral supplement and I'm going to use mater magic as the trf. Should I mix the soil up now? Should I use the Ironite at all? I know guys cook their soils in advance so any tips are appreciated. I'm really psyched about this.

Finally one of the seeds popped, it's Papaya x Cindy99 #1 :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Sex unknown for all of these seeds I'll be trying. I'm going to run them 12/12 from seed until they show their sex then pull them out for clones or the disposal haha. May even try my own breeding down the road.

You bet Bro... I'm learning more off you than the other way around! I am aware of the use and purpose of H2O2, but wouldn't comment on something I'm not experienced or knowledgeable in. Shit, I mouthwash with the stuff from time to time. Kind of like liquid pop rocks.

"Blue Dog's Blue Hempies". Trademark it... live it.

It sounds like the light mover resolved itself very well in your favor. The fact that the guys approaches were not homogenous are his problem. For your part it looks like you have at least 1.5 new movers! :cheer:

Like you said... if he's 99%, he's probably a descent vendor. I'm just glad that a good number of the people I've dealt with over the years on ebay only have a virtual storefront rather than an actual one.

As for missing the root problem... damn you for being human!
I fully expect that each problem and success I've created or encountered on my grow will be replaced with equal or greater missteps and advances on my future crops.
:welldone:

PS Chopper you stoner - 420fied and I are copying the exact same grower and grow. Now I know his looks way better, but you sounded like you'd never seen anything like it before in your life on his thread yesterday lol.
:tokin: I just come here to chat with you. I grow in dirt and some outdoor stuff. I don't even read the other Hempy or Hydro threads at all, they're so far from what I do. Guys like Doc....my eyes glazed over in like three pages. A lot of those guys, I don't even know WTF they're talking about....Tide Tables and Flood Pans and shit.....with vertical XLPH and Magneplaner slip tubes.:hmmmm::loopy::thedoubletake:
YEEE-HA !! :tokin::rofl::cheesygrinsmiley:

let me add something here....I'm in absolutely no way desparaging those scientific growers and hydro hobbyists. Exactly the opposite. I haven't the time or the inclination to put that much into growing. Maybe from coming up on a farm.....but I germ them, put 'em in good dirt. I feed them well, and use the proper PHd water (by dumping a cc or 2 of lemon juice per gallon in tap water). Sunlight outside and I'm done with it. my situation is different than a lot of guys too. I'm not forced by circumstance to over work/think this thing....and I've had really really good success for the last couple forevers by doing less. I'm lazy I guess. Sorry if I ruffled any sensibilities. It was not intended at al:smokin:l

You bet Bro... I'm learning more off you than the other way around! I am aware of the use and purpose of H2O2, but wouldn't comment on something I'm not experienced or knowledgeable in. Shit, I mouthwash with the stuff from time to time. Kind of like liquid pop rocks.

"Blue Dog's Blue Hempies". Trademark it... live it.

It sounds like the light mover resolved itself very well in your favor. The fact that the guys approaches were not homogenous are his problem. For your part it looks like you have at least 1.5 new movers! :cheer:

Like you said... if he's 99%, he's probably a descent vendor. I'm just glad that a good number of the people I've dealt with over the years on ebay only have a virtual storefront rather than an actual one.

As for missing the root problem... damn you for being human!
I fully expect that each problem and success I've created or encountered on my grow will be replaced with equal or greater missteps and advances on my future crops.
:welldone:

Hey bro! You're exactly right about his 2-toned approach. I wonder if I'll ever hear back from him.

Now I'm visualizing mounting a 10' clamp reflector with a splitter & 2 6500 bulbs and running it over the veg area. I happen to have about 8 of those lying around gathering dust. That would probably be great for keeping mothers low and slow, arrange it so they're only getting about 1/4 of the light.

:tokin: I just come here to chat with you. I grow in dirt and some outdoor stuff. I don't even read the other Hempy or Hydro threads at all, they're so far from what I do. Guys like Doc....my eyes glazed over in like three pages. A lot of those guys, I don't even know WTF they're talking about....Tide Tables and Flood Pans and shit.....with vertical XLPH and Magneplaner slip tubes.:hmmmm::loopy::thedoubletake:
YEEE-HA !! :tokin::rofl::cheesygrinsmiley:

let me add something here....I'm in absolutely no way desparaging those scientific growers and hydro hobbyists. Exactly the opposite. I haven't the time or the inclination to put that much into growing. Maybe from coming up on a farm.....but I germ them, put 'em in good dirt. I feed them well, and use the proper PHd water (by dumping a cc or 2 of lemon juice per gallon in tap water). Sunlight outside and I'm done with it. my situation is different than a lot of guys too. I'm not forced by circumstance to over work/think this thing....and I've had really really good success for the last couple forevers by doing less. I'm lazy I guess. Sorry if I ruffled any sensibilities. It was not intended at al:smokin:l

It's all good Chopper, I'm honored you picked my place to hang out and you crack me up. You old school guys need to keep the culture going. It's just so hard for most of us to find a safe outdoor place to grow. And what you're doing sure is working for you. :tokin:

Hay BlueDog, don't you have some Pondzyme? ;)

Hey Horse yes I do in fact. I stopped using it after I saw it in action in my clone tubs. It's a powder and I don't know how it can really do much in hempy, but I haven't been able to find any info on it. Do you think by adding it to the water just before I water does anything? Would I have to let it sit for few days to get activated? I'd feel a lot more confident in it if it was a liquid. Not sure that makes sense.

Anyhow I've started using it again. I'll get some hygrozyme one of these days but I need to quit spending a hundred bucks every week on this hobby.

Take care my friend.

I almost forgot - PC99 #2 has emerged :cheer::cheer::cheer:

2 up, 3 to go!

One of the WW's basically died on me so I pulled it and checked the roots, the perlite is full of algae down there.

So now I have 2 issues - painting the bottoms of the 2L's which I'll do today, but also getting rid of the algae asap. I guess masking tape doesn't keep out the light that well but it's good to find that out now.

Any suggestions on what kind of paint to use?

All I have readily on hand is H2O2... many 420 points are on the line for anyone who can help me out here I've never really used the H2O2, it's the diluted drugstore kind. I'll also make a run to the hydro store if something there would work better.
man i hate algea ... 7 ml pg on the h2o2 bro ....the pondzyme may b better ..i use the hydrozyme both zymes break the algea down food for the girls

man i hate algea ... 7 ml pg on the h2o2 bro ....the pondzyme may b better ..i use the hydrozyme both zymes break the algea down food for the girls

+reps for that ss.... should I repeat the h2o2 daily or for a few normal waterings or just this one time? I'm starting with the pondzyme again too. Thanks bro!

+reps for that ss.... should I repeat the h2o2 daily or for a few normal waterings or just this one time? I'm starting with the pondzyme again too. Thanks bro!

Here's a good article I had come across on another forum when looking into using H2O2, which I've been using since I started growing (not too long ago!) :)

It's a little long but a very good read:

Using Hydrogen Peroxide to Treat and Prevent Root Rot

What are the benefits of Hydrogen Peroxide and how do i apply it?

Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) it is made up of Hydrogen (H2) and Oxygen (O2), however H2O2 has an extra Oxygen atom in an unstable arrangement - it is this extra negatively charged Oxygen atom that gives H2O2 its useful properties. H2O2 is used for many purposes including cleaning, bleaching, sterilizing, rocket fuel, animal feed treatment and in addition many miraculous claims about its health benefits have been made. This faq focuses on its use in horticultural applications. H2O2 is of great use for both hydroponics and dirt/soilless gardening.

What Does Hydrogen Peroxide do?

H2O2 is an unstable molecule; when it breaks down, a single oxygen atom (O-)and a molecule of water is released. This oxygen atom is extremely reactive and will attach itself to either another Oxygen atom (forming a stable O2 molecule) or attack a nearby organic molecule.

H2O2 will rapidly eliminate the Chlorine used in many municipal water supplies, as well as degrade any pesticides, herbicides or other organic matter that might be present. Well water is often high in methane and organic sulfates, both of which H2O2 will remove.

Both the stable and O- forms will increase the level of dissolved oxygen. Increasing the DO in your nutrient solution will benefit the root system and be detrimental to harmful anaerobic bacteria such as pythium.

Many disease-causing organisms and spores are killed by the free O- atom. The free Oxygen atom will destroy dead organic material (i.e., leaves and roots) in the system, preventing them from rotting and spreading diseases. H2O2 will help eliminate existing infections and will help prevent future ones. It is also useful for suppressing algae growth.

Over Watering

Both soil and hydroponic plants often fall prey to the same syndrome. Hydroponic crops often fail due to "root rot" and soil crops succumb to "over-watering." The actual cause is a shortage of Oxygen at the root zone, allowing a Pythium infection to take hold.

In a soil system, the soil consists of particles, a film of water on the particles and air spaces between the particles. When too much water is put into the soil, the air spaces fill with liquid. The roots will quickly use up the dissolved oxygen within these pore spaces. If the root system has not absorbed the water within these pore spaces, air will not be able to enter and Oxygen within that space will become depleted. In a low oxygen environment, roots will begin dying within twenty-four hours.

As the roots die, the plant’s ability to uptake water and nutrients will drastically decrease, and the plant will show symptoms of nutrient deficiencies (pale leaves, and slow growth). Plants will start to wilt (appearing water deficient) – at this point many growers will mistakenly water their plants!

In a Hydroponic system, oxygen deprivation is often caused by high temperatures and inadequate nutrient circulation and/or aeration. High reservoir temperatures interfere with Oxygen's ability to dissolve into water. Temperatures above 70F (20C) will eventually cause problems, 62F-65F (16C-18C) is recommended.

Oxygen deprivation symptoms in hydroponics are similar to that of soil - but at least you are able to check the roots. Healthy roots should be mostly white with maybe a slight yellowish tan tinge. If they are a brownish color with dead tips or they easily pull away there is at least the beginning of a serious problem. An organic, ‘dirt like’ rotting smell means there is already a very good chance it is too late. As roots die and rot, they remove Oxygen out of the water; as Oxygen levels are depleted even further. more will roots die - a viscous circle!. Reduced Oxygen levels and high temperatures encourage anaerobic bacteria and fungi, which attack the plant further mercilessly.

How does Hydrogen Peroxide prevent root rot & over-watering?

Plants watered with H2O2 will experience extra oxygen in the root zone when the peroxide breaks down. This helps stop the Oxygen from being depleted in the water filled air spaces until air can get back into them. High Oxygen levels at the roots will encourage rapid healthy root growth. In a Hydroponic systems, H2O2 will disperse through out the system and raise Oxygen levels as it breaks down. Strong white healthy roots with lots of fuzzy new growth will be visible. This fuzzy growth has massive surface area allowing for rapid absorption of the huge amounts of water and nutrients needed for rapid top growth. A healthy plant starts with a healthy root system.

How to use/apply it

H2O2 comes in several different strengths: 3%, 5%, 8% and 35%, also sold as food grade Hydrogen Peroxide. The most economical is 35% which we recommend be diluted to three percent before using. When working with food grade H2O2, it is very important that you clean up any spills or splashes immediately, it will damage almost oxidize everything very quickly. Skin will be temporarily bleached pure white if not washed cleaned. Gloves are strongly recommended when working with any strong chemical.

Food grade H2O2 can be diluted to three percent by mixing it one part to eleven parts water (preferably distilled). The storage container should be opaque to prevent light from getting in and it must be able to hold some pressure. If three-liter pop bottles are available in your area they are ideal for mixing and storing H2O2. There are twelve quarter liters (250ml) in three liters, if you put in one quarter liter H2O2 and eleven quarter liters (250ml) water in the bottle it will full of three percent H2O2 and the bottle can hold the pressure that the H2O2 will generate.

Three percent Hydrogen Peroxide may be added at up to 3 ml's per liter (2 1\2 tsp. per gallon), but it is recommended that you start at a lower concentration and increase to full strength over a few weeks.

For hydroponic applications, use every reservoir change and replace twenty-five percent (one quarter) every day. Example: In a 100L (25gal) reservoir you would add three hundred ml's (3%) H2O2 when changing the nutrient. You would then add seventy-five ml's more every day.

[Editor’s note: high concentrations of H2o2 can be detrimental to organic additives (such as beneficial additives) and organic nutrient mixtures.]

Application:

US Standard
1.28*G/C= Liquid Oz's per day

Metric
10*L/C= Ml per day

Where;
C= % concentration of H2O2
L= Number of liters in reservoir
G= Number of Gallons in reservoir

Example: How much 3% H202 should I add to 7 gallons of nutes?
1.28*7/3=2.986 Oz's each day.

Where to get it

35% food grade is called “food grade” because it has no toxic impurities. Of course your local hydroponics retailer or web stores have it (there may be shipping restrictions on high strength peroxides). The local feed supplier may have it in small towns. Prices range from fifteen dollars per quarter liter to eighty dollars a gallon. One gallon will treat up to fifty thousand liters of water.

3%5%, 8% Can be found at most drugstores or pharmacies, prices start at a less than a dollar for a one hundred-ml bottle that will treat one hundred liters.

What to do if you already have root rot

In Soil:

Use peroxide water with an anti-fungicide and a high Phosphate fertilizer (9-45-15, 10-52-10, 0-60-0) for additional root growth. Or any other product with rooting hormone dissolved in it is helpful in re-growing roots and is strongly recommended. Water heavily until liquid pours out the bottom of the pot – this method helps flush out stagnant dead water and replaces it with fresh highly oxygenated water. Don't let plants sit in trays full of water, the soil will absorb this water and stay too wet. Don't water again until the pot feels light and the top inch or two of the soil are dry.

In Hydroponics:

Change your nutrients. Add H2O2 to the system. This will add oxygen and chemically eat dead roots. If roots are badly rotted and can be pulled away by hand, you should cut them off. They are already dead and will only rot, causing further problems. Add a fungicide to kill any fungus that is probably present in the rotted tissue to prevent it from spreading. Increase aeration of the reservoir – add air pumps and stones. An air stone under every plant is usually very effective, but will require a larger air pump. Decrease the reservoir temperature, oxygen dissolves better in cold water and disease causing organisms reproduce slower as well. A good temperate range is 62F to 65F; anything above 70F will eventually cause a problem. It is also a good idea to remove any wilting plants from the system and put them on a separate reservoir so they don't infect plants that are still healthy.

Summary

The key to productive plants is a healthy root system; Hydrogen Peroxide is a great way to keep your roots healthy. It is a must to ensure the biggest best crops possible and to increase the chances of your plants thriving to harvest. Peroxide users will rarely lose plants or crops to root disease and will harvest larger and more consistent crops.

Hello Blue, good to meet you.

I just tracked over here from 52's thread to see what all the fuss was about about this Bluedog dude. Seems like you have quite the hempy tutorial here, which is interesting to me, I always like to learn something new, so I'm gonna read this through.

It's coincidental that you were reluctant to pick up an HPS because you were worried about burning your house down. I have the exact same fear. That's why I've always used CFLs. But I think I'm gonna graduate to a 400W HPS this summer. It's on the way. Along with some Kali Mist and Aurora Indica beans. Yes.

I wasted most of the season last year growing crappy strains so I resolved myself to have a better plan this summer. Just beans I like, in a tight setting, under an HPS, with as much simplicity to the grow as possible. This season is about quality over quantity. And precision. I just grow for myself anyways.

I'm not gonna post a grow journal by the way, if you were wondering. Have no interest. I might post some pictures though.

Later.

I'm starting to feel like Chopper! What are you guys taking about? Just kidding Blue and learning allot. Maybe some day, I'll give it a try.
I did know about painting the 2 liter bottoms, but got here to late to help. :smokin:

It's a beautiful spring day here and I've been taking advantage, have planted 6 seeds each of sweet banana peppers, cherry tomatoes & pole beans in sunshine organic soil :cheer:

That is a really nice soil, it's spongy as hell.

For you soil guys, I have epsoma bio-tone starter with the mychor... stuff in it, also have the ironite mineral supplement and I'm going to use mater magic as the trf. Should I mix the soil up now? Should I use the Ironite at all? I know guys cook their soils in advance so any tips are appreciated. I'm really psyched about this.

Finally one of the seeds popped, it's Papaya x Cindy99 #1 :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Sex unknown for all of these seeds I'll be trying. I'm going to run them 12/12 from seed until they show their sex then pull them out for clones or the disposal haha. May even try my own breeding down the road.

My soil for next year...(and the year after that) is percolating in the worm farm in the side yard next to the lemon trees. Copious ammounts of horse and cow poop, veggie scraps, garden waste...all of it in the worm pit. After 17 years, there's a hundred pounds (likely more) of earthworms in that cooker. I run chicken dirt in there every so often as well. Prolly 500 gallons of finished soil there at any time. **You can't start making it too soon**** Garden centers sell a handy dandy, all in one, plastic drum based, worm farm, soil maker for about 200 or so. It looks to make 10 or 15 gallons (maybe more) a year. Good investment if you go back to soil growing:)

Morning all!

Mr Krip I won't quote that post but thanks for that, it's very informative. Do you use it with every watering?

I guess it's not a problem but I am a little worried about it chemically changing the properties of the other stuff in the water, like SSU, cal/mag, etc? Do you use it like that or just with water?

The ww's look pretty happy today, right now I'd like them to dry out. They got a regular flush 2 days ago and then the h2o2 drench yesterday.

Any more comments you have are much appreciated!

Hello Blue, good to meet you.

I just tracked over here from 52's thread to see what all the fuss was about about this Bluedog dude. Seems like you have quite the hempy tutorial here, which is interesting to me, I always like to learn something new, so I'm gonna read this through.

It's coincidental that you were reluctant to pick up an HPS because you were worried about burning your house down. I have the exact same fear. That's why I've always used CFLs. But I think I'm gonna graduate to a 400W HPS this summer. It's on the way. Along with some Kali Mist and Aurora Indica beans. Yes.

I wasted most of the season last year growing crappy strains so I resolved myself to have a better plan this summer. Just beans I like, in a tight setting, under an HPS, with as much simplicity to the grow as possible. This season is about quality over quantity. And precision. I just grow for myself anyways.

I'm not gonna post a grow journal by the way, if you were wondering. Have no interest. I might post some pictures though.

Later.

Hey zzoomm welcome!

There's not too much fuss going on over here honest!

Sounds like we're on somewhat similar paths, I wasted most of a year growing crap too, although I learned so much that waste is not the right word.

When I was at the peak of flower last grow I added up all the cfl's and was over 1200 watts.

So if I'm pulling that kind of wattage, generating tremendous heat and I can barely see the plants or move in the room because of all the cfl's maybe I should rethink things haha.

It was a sweet day when I yanked out 25 of the cfls and replaced them with a single 400w light. I actually feel safer now.

Those sound like great strains, staffy grew a beautiful kali mist and aurora is on my list.

Feel free to post your pics here if you'd like and good luck!

PS If you want to learn about hempy, I'd suggest the hempy thread in my sig, or DocBud's hempy grow. He's the teacher and I'm his humble student.

Take care!

I'm starting to feel like Chopper! What are you guys taking about? Just kidding Blue and learning allot. Maybe some day, I'll give it a try.
I did know about painting the 2 liter bottoms, but got here to late to help. :smokin:

Morning OMM! I knew about painting them too but was hoping I could get by with masking tape. Between the flu and the cold weather I was not going to be doing any painting back then.

Now though it's perfect painting weather and they look awesome! I'm getting more paint today I may paint the whole room blue :)

My soil for next year...(and the year after that) is percolating in the worm farm in the side yard next to the lemon trees. Copious ammounts of horse and cow poop, veggie scraps, garden waste...all of it in the worm pit. After 17 years, there's a hundred pounds (likely more) of earthworms in that cooker. I run chicken dirt in there every so often as well. Prolly 500 gallons of finished soil there at any time. **You can't start making it too soon**** Garden centers sell a handy dandy, all in one, plastic drum based, worm farm, soil maker for about 200 or so. It looks to make 10 or 15 gallons (maybe more) a year. Good investment if you go back to soil growing:)

Hey bro let's start a business, we could sell that as Chopper Farms Mystery Mix.

I even have a slogan for us - It's full of shit, but it's good shit!

Probably get $49 a bag if we market it right :yahoo:

Spending my first 35 years on a working farm, and being raised by a Grandma that is a gardener has it's benefits. My grandfather even worked the garden plot with a pair of mules. We had plenty of machines, tractors, and even horses....but man he loved working those mules. Left, right, fast, slow, stop,go....all were vocal commands, he'd rarely did more than hold the reigns in his hand. The farm ran by gasoline...the garden ran on Poo:tokin:
*the grandma even said, "Weed grew everywhere in most vacant lots (in Phila and NYC) when she was young" (1910's& 1920's) They gave it to her for asthma attacks. Apparently it was widely used before the ban...something I never realized. This conversation came about when she smelled me smoking a bone when I was about 13... I knew my dad was a "Beat" and smoked regularly in the 50's and 60's. But learning your grandpop was burnin' down the house in Panama during his Navy time in the 30's, and grandmoms is ripping 'em in 1920 or so hahahahaha Revelation!!
Explains why my brother and I were always allowed to burn....well, allowed is strong....we weren't ever stopped is more accurate. Pills and powders would get your ass worn out.....raised by freakin wolves :)

Blue, I do use H2O2 both in my res's with my other nutes, and when watering the hempy's. I've been using straight tap water. So, about 24 hours before res changes/waterings, I fill up some containers with the tap water, add about 2 tsp. per gallon of water, and let that sit overnight. The next day, before res changes, I just add my nutes and PH as usual.

As a side note, the primary reason I decided to use an H2O2 regime is that I'm doing hydro and regularly run temps above 75*F. So, I was concerned with possiible root rot. I've found that the combination of H2O2, DM Zone, and regular res changes has made and kept the roots nice & healthy.

Back
Top Bottom