Hempy SOG! Josh's 2nd Indoor Grow!

I made my own eazy cloner using a Rubbermaid box
Only cost me 50 dollars in supplies beats buying one for 200

420fied has the best DIY that I've seen. That's what my initial plan was. Had everything but the pump. I ended up buying the Clone King. My veg area is a 2' x 4' x '5 tent. 3 small mothers, one huge mother, and that itty-bitty 36 cloner is all I have room for. One DIY tote cloner and 2 small mothers is all I have room to maintain in my size restrictions.

My grandiose plan is to finish the NLB's in the flowering tent. Had the scope out tonight. Majority is 50/50% clear/cloudy. Maybe half the plant's cola's have sections with 30% amber. Once those are done I'm going to veg the new clones in those waste baskets, large Hempy Pots, for maybe 2 weeks max. I know it's hard to see in those last pics, but the Holy Grail Kush clones-on the far right, the roots are over 12" long. That's the current strain that I'm excited about.

My plan is to LST them heavily, like SCOG almost just on an individual basis. Do that during the veg period and up till true flowering. Defol, trim the little popcorn off the bottom, yeah. I'm going to set a goal of 3 zips dried/plant with 2 weeks max veg. Never know, gotta have goals. 4 of the A Trains from my last grow yielded +/- 25 grams from a clone straight to 12/12 in a 2 liter Hempy Pot.

I'm going to have to endure a new learning curve and what not. But I'm really excited.

Oh, didn't take pics, but tonight I added another 180 watts of light to the flowering tent. That will have to wait for another discussion as I'm tired.

They say that you want a minimum of 45 watts of HID lighting per square foot of grow space. I have 600 watts in a 4'x4' tent. 37.5 watts/sq'. Granted, the plants don't take up half of the tent. So last night I installed the 4-45 water fluorescents. Wired them vertically in the corners.

Picture_011123.jpg
Picture_012124.jpg
Picture_013115.jpg
Picture_014114.jpg
Picture_01599.jpg
Picture_01677.jpg
Picture_01777.jpg
Picture_01884.jpg
Picture_01982.jpg
Picture_02081.jpg
Picture_02175.jpg
Picture_02262.jpg

They weren't being used. Can't see how they'd hurt.

Making a super concentrated batch of canna butter at the moment. Something like 8 oz of the best trim, 50% bud, to three sticks of butter. Should be the best.

Just for giggles I added three 24 watt CFL's to the flowering tent. Now I almost have to put a welding hood on to work on the plants. Rocking 1252 watts in a 4'x'4' tent.

Added: In that one over head shot you can see my boots. Size 13 Ariat. I know my camera sucks, but that may be a better size reference.

You can see from the latest pics that I've been pushing them to the limit nutrient wise. The leaf tips are just barely burnt. Barely. I'm happy that I am able to achieve that without a EC or TDS meter. I gotta give props, again, to Corey at Blue Planet Nutrients.

From what I can tell from the microscope, 40% clear, 55% cloudy, and 5% amber trichs on the 2 Liter Hempys.

Picture_04930.jpg
Picture_04837.jpg

That clone seems to be the most ripe.

As I aforementioned, I've added an additional lighting to the grow tent. I'm really shocked how receptive the plants have responded. Within of 24 hours it looks like Santa Claus sprinkled frost on top of the plants.

Picture_04837.jpg

Picture_04930.jpg
Picture_05034.jpg
Picture_05127.jpg
Picture_05226.jpg

Mentioned that I was working on an ultra strong batch of canna butter. I'm happy with the results. Keef colored, no chlorophyll.
Picture_05323.jpg
Picture_05422.jpg

And yeah, that's a Paula Dean knife.

Almost forgot, the clones are doing stupid good. I'm really surprised because the THC Bomb is the most vigorous and were the first to set roots. Fast forward a week and Holy Grail Kush clones have roots over 14".
Picture_04632.jpg

Looking forward to the upcoming months.

I have half a chub for the HGK.

Just got home from a nice night on the town. I lost track, but it was something like just me and 14 beautiful women. Good food, music, and atmosphere. I figured I'd better update, so here goes.

You guys' and your guard kitties. Ha. I have a guard Dilophosauridae:
Picture_05527.jpg

Same plant:
Picture_05624.jpg
Picture_05721.jpg

Broke the scope out. Looking like 30% amber on the Hempy's. Time to flush.

Just an average Hempy. Not the tallest nor heaviest, just average.
Picture_05821.jpg

The veg tent is getting jungle-esque:
Picture_05916.jpg

I used about half that butter to make a double batch of brownies. They taste great but we haven't eaten enough to judge the potencey.

Catch yall in the morning.

Beginning flushing at 30% Amber?
That will be some sedative medicine, but don't wait too long! You don't want to have it all decompose...
Well, it's just the way I like my medicine, but I typically flush at about 5% amber, by the time its done calyx's properly swollen and there be a satisfying mixture of clear/cloudy/amber. Also, I've seem ambering of trichomes post-chop, and during the cure.

Remember, the plant can still biosynthesize cannbinoids even after it's been cut down, a truly remarkable thing...
Anyway just my two cents, your buds are really good - keep up the good work brother.
:high-five:

Yeah, I was like 5% one night, then all the sudden 30% a night or two later. I was also looking for the larger leaves to start yellowing a bit. But, considering they are all basically sugar leaves and not fan leaves, that may not be as pronounced.

I like the strong narcotic effect. I medicate for pain relief and nothing else. While that A Train I grew tastes great, I don't like the high very much. You know that paranoid feeling? Yeah, I want numbness.

I may just start chopping tonight. I've gone through four of the NLB Hempys and about 1/4 oz of trimmed lower buds. All with no flush and there was absolutely no taste from the nutrients. It all burned well and produced white ash. A pic of some of the last trimmed lower buds. Not quit popcorn, just wanted the emphasis on the colas.
Picture_04335.jpg
Picture_04536.jpg

A few of the Hempys are further along than the others. I may chop the older looking ones and flush the younger ones. Looking forward to this chop and the plants that are going to be flowered next.

Did the chop on the Hempys.
Picture_06020.jpg
Picture_06116.jpg

Sure doesn't look like much. But what there is is going to be premo golf ball sized nugs.

I want to get the new clones going as soon as possible. The problem is that I have those two former NLB mothers in the flowering tent with around a week to go. There's no room in the veg tent to hold clones in new containers. Without a veg time, I'm not sure if the larger 3 gallon Hempys would be to any advantage over the 2 Liters.

I could attempt to leave the clones in the cloner for another week, then use the flowering tent to veg them in the larger containers. Down side is that it's getting super hot here and I'm not sure if I can hold them successfully. If I lose those clones I'll be set back a couple of weeks.

If I put them into the larger containers It will most likely be a waste of media and nutrients. With the Holy Grail Kush, she has a touch longer flowering time so she may be able to utilize the larger pot if thrown straight into 12/12.

I could just chop the remaining NLB's. But they are a week out. I'd really like to let them finish.

Please help me decide what to do. :scratchinghead:

i am not sure a 3 gallon container would hold an advantage over 2 litter container in grams per square foot unless kept in a vegetative state for longer. i would wait until you have your 2 litter hempy crop dried and weighed to judge what growing style offers superior gram per square foot growing.

Yeah, I hear you John. That would have been the wiser route to take.

What I did last night:
Picture_06221.jpg

I measured the roots, making sure they'd be in the Hempy res at the bottom. L-R three Holy Grail Kushs, one THC Bomb, and one Afghani Kush. Clone straight to 12/12.

Not really thinking that they will produce more than a 2 Liter, especially without a veg time.

I have tons of work getting put off because of weddings and the "unexpected pop in" from neighbors.

I didn't eat supper until 11:00PM last night because of all this B.S. Put those 6 clones in, maybe a little soon. But F-it.

My girl was working on the initial trim last night. She's a lefty and uncoordinated. (My hand.)
Picture_06626.jpg

Picture_06626.jpg

Some of the NLB sucker branches that are dried, not cured.
Picture_06516.jpg

Just caught up :thumb: nice grow josh I love to see a hempy grow get going even though now your gonna go bigger and experience has shown me that the extra liter really does more harm than help when going straight to 12/12 reason being more liquids in bottom causes slower growth if your roots don't have to look for water or nutes because they are are always in it leaves less oxygen to your root zone in turn slower growth ideally you want your hempy empty every other day and I mean dry for best growth if need be water let sit a half an hour then tilt to drain a lot of the extra water out leaving just enough for a few days at most just my 2 cents and I'm almost perfect now at creating the same root pattern with all clones which is the most important step to get all 25 grammers but ne how great job loving those moms :adore: oh yeah and a 600 in a 4 x 4 should be plenty get it down close I'm talkin almost burning :rofl: just got my 1000 watter have Been running a 400 for a few years still gotta get a bulb but soon my 5 x 5 will be gleaming plus rep on the grow man :Namaste:

KingJohnC, been trimming most of the day. Down to one former mother to go. They're in the bedroom and my girl is asleep. I'll take some pictures when I wake.

JokerJohn, good to have you on board. :welcome:

Once it gets too hot tomorrow for outside chores, I have much to do with the grow. Since I'm currently not flowering, I don't have to worry about being in the basement during lights out. 24 hour light cycle, by the way. I need to clean up some used grow media as I'm about out.

I'm supposed to be getting a ship,ent from BPN on Wed. Looks like I should wait until then to transplant the rest of the rooted clones. I'm down to the last of the GROW macro nutrient solution.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom