Henry's Indoor - Soil - Northern Lights - Kali Dawg - Silver Haze - Skunk XL

The Skunk and the kali dog had a drink this morning. The kali dog seems to like more frequent waterings than the others, it looks sad until i feed it then it perks up for a few days then droops again before its completely dry. Not sure if theres a problem or not. Also took some pics of the NL which is going great. The haze seems to be yellowing quite a lot nearer the top but it may just be the light.

Skunk;
IMG_010841.jpg
IMG_010744.jpg

IMG_010635.jpg

Kali Dog;
IMG_010543.jpg
IMG_010440.jpg

NL;
IMG_010347.jpg
IMG_010243.jpg

I was seeing the same clawing and some burnt tips on my plants. I gave plain water and then from there, backed off a little on the nutes. About 80% of recommended dose. They seem to be thriving now.

Do you flush your plants every so often?

Na all organic my friend. To be honest when i started growing i didnt really understand the difference it was just what the guy at the shop recommended to me. I think the whole organic subject and the opinions on defoliation are the 2 most split cannabis subjects I've come across. Being a biology student I would love to have the time and space to do proper experiments.

It's been the same for me. For my first grow I just bought a startup kit that included the 3 part chem nutes. So now I just continue with what I know.

My mentor cooks his own soil and swears by organic. The end product certainly seems to back up his claims. Although he is a master grower and knows exactly what he is doing.

LOL! Nah dude, you're doing pretty well. That wasn't meant as a dig mate. :thumb:

The guy I speak of has been growing for a long time. He says he still gets issues cropping up, but now knows exactly what the issue is and can rectify it without running through a process of elimination. I suppose that is the biggest benefit of years of experience.

Anybody have any opinions on pruning/trimming/ defoliation? Ive watched numerous videos, read many threads and I'm still on the fence. I understand that this that recommend it, do so after the stretch (3-4 weeks into flower). The things i can't deicide on is; 1. if to lollipop and remove fan leaves that shade other areas of the plant 2. how many to pull at a time 3. would either indicas or sativas act negatively to this more than more than the other?

Very beautiful my friend. Plants always seem to give it their all in flowering. I love this stage.

To answer your other question, I will be removing all fan leaves that block light to bud sites between weeks 2 and 3 of flowering.

Alot of users here seem to be against defol, so you will have to decide for yourself.

Anybody have any opinions on pruning/trimming/ defoliation? Ive watched numerous videos, read many threads and I'm still on the fence. I understand that this that recommend it, do so after the stretch (3-4 weeks into flower). The things i can't deicide on is; 1. if to lollipop and remove fan leaves that shade other areas of the plant 2. how many to pull at a time 3. would either indicas or sativas act negatively to this more than more than the other?

hey man I at the same stage as yourself and have just asked this very question with a similar reply!,

im going to take off a lot off the really small stuff at the bottom of each branch, and also any large fan that is blocking light from getting to bud sites.

a lot seem to be against any defol, as " your taking away the power houses" however from all the vids online ive seen on huge yields ect they all recommend taking away the crap...

I also see you got a 600w in a 80 x80, how do u find the temps, im guessing your cool tube made a difference, -- what fan/ filter are you using?

looking good tho mate, keep it up.

hope this helps

Yo ace. Thanks. I think I'm gonna go the same way as you on this 1. I think ill leave the haze, take out the lower stuff and just remove a few that are blocking buds on the rest.
The temps are really hard to deal with, especially if the ambient temp of the room is high. Even with the air cooled hood its not great without the door to the tent open. I think if i had a more powerful inline to pull through the hood and maybe an intake i would be able to close the door. In hindsight a 400w would probably been better heat wise but i doubt it will produce the same type of buds.

Back
Top Bottom