Hermaphrodite? Late flowering

they will be herms. you can expect problems if you use them.
Herms come from hermed plants. Those plants are not hermies.
Female seeds are produced on purpose by stressing the female plants during early flower. Colloidal silver is typically used. Light stress also works. I have thousands of female gelato and white widow seeds that were produced with light Stress. Last years batch didn’t get a single seed. it just doesn’t work that way.
IMG_6981.jpeg

You’re also going to want to get into that growing area and wash it down when you’re done. Wipe the walls and ceiling down plus any equipment in there. Pollen is tricky and can get stuck in weird places. It’ll dislodge at the wrong time and you’ll find your next harvest gets pollinated on accident.
And get a different fan, or take your current one(s) apart and clean them well..... I learned the hard way :D

Herms come from hermed plants. Those plants are not hermies.

he was showing male flowers which is a herm. it's what a herm is.

you can use sts or cs to self a female producing female seed. it's not a stress herm reaction.

edit: wonder if you might mean rodelization (?). not sure of the term. it was an early method of making fem seeds that involved stressing females in very late flower to herm.

if the stressed plant produced pollen, it could be used on a different female plant of the same strain to produce mostly female seed.

any seed produced by the same plant pollinating itself would be almost always herm.

now sts or cs is used and the resulting pollen is used to pollinate separate female plants to produce female seed. cs and sts both produce a higher percentage of female seed than rodelization.

he was showing male flowers which is a herm. There’s not a pic of a male flower in this thread it's what a herm is.

you can use sts or cs to self a female producing female seed. it's not a stress herm reaction.

edit: wonder if you might mean rodelization (?). not sure of the term. I’m sure of the term. I used it in my first post it was an early method of making fem seeds that involved stressing females in very late flower to herm.

if the stressed plant produced pollen, it could be used on a different female plant of the same strain to produce mostly female seed. All female seeds

any seed produced by the same plant pollinating itself would be almost always herm.

now sts or cs is used and the resulting pollen is used to pollinate separate female plants to produce female seed. cs and sts both produce a higher percentage of female seed than rodelization. stressing a female plant causes rodilizaton.

Absolutely.. The old heads here (myself included lol) remember a time when all weed had seeds.. there was no sinsemilla on the market.. You’ll just have to pick out a few seeds here and there and you’ve likely lost a bit of resin production but you can still smoke it with no worries. If you’re seeing stamens popping up everywhere and your trichomes aren’t shifting then it’s probably full on herming now and you likely won’t get much more production out of it.
In the 60s all weed had seeds at least what I got it was also under $10 a lid.

There’s not a pic of a male flower in this thread

male flower dead center of this pic. it already splooged.

20230506_103827-jpg.2681899

another at the top of the pic you copied

20230506_103559-jpg.2681902

it's a hermie.

All female seeds

when the pollen is used on a separate stable female. the selfed plant will be either herm or female with a higher percentage of herm.

stressing a female plant causes rodilizaton

specifically letting it run long under high light conditions. has to be past normal harvest window, under high light conditions. it's a last ditch effort by the plant to create seed without the presence of any males.

male flower dead center of this pic. it already splooged.

20230506_103827-jpg.2681899

another at the top of the pic you copied

20230506_103559-jpg.2681902

it's a hermie.

when the pollen is used on a separate stable female. the selfed plant will be either herm or female with a higher percentage of herm.

specifically letting it run long under high light conditions. has to be past normal harvest window, under high light conditions. it's a last ditch effort by the plant to create seed without the presence of any males.
Sorry, those are “nanners”.

they are both male expressions in a female flower. the female flower is the bud. it's a hermie.

edit : @Buddskii already even knows its a hermie himself lol

@KeithLemon your giving a thumbs up to the post showing female flowers with nanners while @bluter is claiming them to be male has me concerned.
To be honest I do not know if it is female flowers or male. If it where a true male there would be many more seeds, I would think. but I do not know for sure.

IMG_0439.jpeg

above is a hermie-it has male parts and female parts..they are born this way and are noticeable early on
IMG_0438.jpeg

above is a male-all male parts
IMG_0440.jpeg

Unfortunately @bluter says the above is a male or expressing something that makes it a hermie. THIS IS A FEMALE FLOWER. the big red arrow is pointing at a self generated pollen pod. The female can produce pollen on its own under certain conditions when no males are present. Females never ever in no way on earth turn into males.

IMG_0439.jpeg

above is a hermie-it has male parts and female parts..they are born this way and are noticeable early on
IMG_0438.jpeg

above is a male-all male parts
IMG_0440.jpeg

Unfortunately @bluter says the above is a male or expressing something that makes it a hermie. THIS IS A FEMALE FLOWER. the big red arrow is pointing at a self generated pollen pod. The female can produce pollen on its own under certain conditions when no males are present. Females never ever in no way on earth turn into males.

i get where you are coming from. it's a female expressing a male trait in stress frustration. the female flower is the bud. not the yellow bits. those are male expressions.

folk who keep propagating hermies do nothing but fuck up the gene pool. there is a huge problem with it in local medical strains as a result now. don't run frankenseed.

Back
Top Bottom