Hermaphrodite? Late flowering

Buddskii

Hello peeps!
I'm trying to figure out if one of my plants is starting to seed in late flowering. This is my last plant I'm getting ready to harvest. Trichomes are still without enough amber and still many white pistils. I attached some pics for feedback. Hoping the experienced eye could help me out here as I'm getting a little stressed regarding what I'm seeing. Thanks for any feedback!

20230506_094948.jpg

20230506_094852.jpg

That depends on whether or not there's a pollen source in there right now, and if you have plants that haven't been pollinated.
You need to check the plants over thoroughly for nanners or male flowers, and for other pollinated bracts.
If all the plants have been pollinated and there are no more pollen sources, let it ride.
If there are plants that haven't been pollinated you might want to separate them.
There's no point to doing that if there's no more pollen though. That bract was pollinated a while ago judging by the size of the seed.
Was there a stressor a while ago? 2 to 6 weeks maybe?
And can you post some whole plant pics?

Remember one thing. If I might. If that is a seed, tho it may not be, it was pollinated six weeks ago, not recently. There is no reversing anything now.

as Hobbes mentioned, think back a few weeks

That depends on whether or not there's a pollen source in there right now, and if you have plants that haven't been pollinated.
You need to check the plants over thoroughly for nanners or male flowers, and for other pollinated bracts.
If all the plants have been pollinated and there are no more pollen sources, let it ride.
If there are plants that haven't been pollinated you might want to separate them.
There's no point to doing that if there's no more pollen though. That bract was pollinated a while ago judging by the size of the seed.
Was there a stressor a while ago? 2 to 6 weeks maybe?
And can you post some whole plant pics?
I think I see nanners. There was a heat wave here in Toronto about a month ago. I have a temp/humidity controlled tent in a finished shed detached from the house.
And because it's still cold here (usually at that time) I didn't have any cooling/ac installed. Plants got hit a few days with high heat. Don't know if that would cause it?

20230506_103827.jpg

20230506_103750.jpg

20230506_103702.jpg

20230506_103559.jpg

I think I see nanners. There was a heat wave here in Toronto about a month ago. I have a temp/humidity controlled tent in a finished shed detached from the house.
And because it's still cold here (usually at that time) I didn't have any cooling/ac installed. Plants got hit a few days with high heat. Don't know if that would cause it?

20230506_103827.jpg

20230506_103750.jpg

20230506_103702.jpg

20230506_103559.jpg

Yep, stamens, they’re unmistakable especially when you’re deep into flower. Heat definitely could’ve caused it but I would check for light pollution first. Maybe an LED from a surge protector or humidifier.. I originally tried taping off my LEDs but still had issues so I just rearranged so nothing with a light was in the tent.

Can this still be harvested and smoked? 😵‍💫

Absolutely.. The old heads here (myself included lol) remember a time when all weed had seeds.. there was no sinsemilla on the market.. You’ll just have to pick out a few seeds here and there and you’ve likely lost a bit of resin production but you can still smoke it with no worries. If you’re seeing stamens popping up everywhere and your trichomes aren’t shifting then it’s probably full on herming now and you likely won’t get much more production out of it.

Absolutely.. The old heads here (myself included lol) remember a time when all weed had seeds.. there was no sinsemilla on the market.. You’ll just have to pick out a few seeds here and there and you’ve likely lost a bit of resin production but you can still smoke it with no worries. If you’re seeing stamens popping up everywhere and your trichomes aren’t shifting then it’s probably full on herming now and you likely won’t get much more production out of it.
Getting to the end of the 11th week of flowering. I'm not seeing any significant changes in the trich's. It's like it's at a stand-still. All I'm noticing is the fan-leaves dying off and changing color, not much more. The trichs are cloudy but not much amber. If I chopped them now would that mean it would all be a "head-high?"

Getting to the end of the 11th week of flowering. I'm not seeing any significant changes in the trich's. It's like it's at a stand-still. All I'm noticing is the fan-leaves dying off and changing color, not much more. The trichs are cloudy but not much amber. If I chopped them now would that mean it would all be a "head-high?"

Ehh.. That’s the general consensus but there’s a lot of variables to that.. You could have all cloudy and still get couch lock with the right (or wrong depending on taste) strain. If the plant seems like it’s standing still then it’s likely switched over to stamen and seed production however you’re right near the heaviest resin production time so I would be feeling the flowers and watching water consumption. If they feel like they’re getting harder and stickier and your water consumption is still high I’d ride it out a few more days and just keep watch. If water consumption is low and it seems like it’s just growing more stamens and seeds then I’d call it a day

Not necessarily. I harvest before there's much amber and I still get a body buzz, but that has a lot to do with what strains you're growing.
Given the number of nanners you're probably better off finishing them out.
If deseeding your weed before smoking it gets on your nerves you can always make some form of had out of it.

if you do ride it out, spray the plant down with water and pick off those stamens. The water will help keep the pollen from spreading, some of those stamens are ready to bust pollen.

You’re also going to want to get into that growing area and wash it down when you’re done. Wipe the walls and ceiling down plus any equipment in there. Pollen is tricky and can get stuck in weird places. It’ll dislodge at the wrong time and you’ll find your next harvest gets pollinated on accident.

Thanks for all your help guys!
✌️ 😁

No worries.. that’s what this place is all about!

Double triple check your light situation. It’s almost always an errant led or street light coming through a crack in the room issue. I had to stand in my room at dark for 30 minutes to locate everything

Back
Top Bottom