Highly Impressive LED Bloom

I'm sold. I'm going to order two for our indoor winter grow starting soon. Do you know if anyone has tried using your LED's overhead and used CFL's on the side?

One other thing I would like to know is if you were going to buy 2 126W would it make sense for a couple hundred bucks more to just get the 318W? I guess coverage is what I'm getting at. will one 318 offer more coverage then 2 or even 3 126W units?

You are right about the heat issues for the plants but another big factor is the fire issue when using the HPS or MH and as you know in small communities like Island County where you are, there are the issues of having a spike in electric bill being reported to the local LE.

Multiple smaller units will give you a better coverage area.

One other thing I would like to know is if you were going to buy 2 126W would it make sense for a couple hundred bucks more to just get the 318W? I guess coverage is what I'm getting at. will one 318 offer more coverage then 2 or even 3 126W units?

The most economical way to achieve coverage for larger areas, is with multiple 126W units. 2 of them have the same coverage area as a single 318W light (actually a little larger). The 318W is for those people who want even more watts per square foot, for even crazier buds (but of course the cost is more per square foot to cover). So if you're going for coverage area, the 126W is your best choice ;)

You are right about the heat issues for the plants but another big factor is the fire issue when using the HPS or MH and as you know in small communities like Island County where you are, there are the issues of having a spike in electric bill being reported to the local LE.

Actually, Island County had 20 million dollars in funding cut from it's budget this year (and now state-wide, it's looking like the police budget is dropping a bit more). That cut forced law enforcement to declare marijuana literally as lowest priority here. There was a cover article in the local newspaper several months back that told everyone how marijuana tips, grows, etc... would not be followed up on, and that there would be no police raids or interest in any such operations, due to lack of funding. That doesn't mean that if you get stopped in the car with weed, that you might not get a court date (although it's happened to me several times without one), it just means that the island is more of a "safe-haven" now for growers. Not to mention there are a TON of medical patients on the south end lol.

Actually, Island County had 20 million dollars in funding cut from it's budget this year (and now state-wide, it's looking like the police budget is dropping a bit more). That cut forced law enforcement to declare marijuana literally as lowest priority here. There was a cover article in the local newspaper several months back that told everyone how marijuana tips, grows, etc... would not be followed up on, and that there would be no police raids or interest in any such operations, due to lack of funding.

I must of missed that article in the Record. Seriously if they got rid of half the sheriffs on this Island we would still have more per capita then most places in this country. At least on the south end of the island.

It was in the Whidbey News Times ;) And you are correct, this Island is CRAWLING with cops. It's ridiculous how many of them there are per capita! I've never lived in a place that was so heavily patrolled, yet so mundane of a place to live lol. What, this island has a murder every 6-8 years? And when was the last armed robbery??? They're just there to harass you while driving, and play the "daddy" figure in society. Funny how they come after us and ticket us, when we pay for them to be in operation... Since when did the police department become a "for-profit" corporation that nickels and dimes you over 5 mph anyhow? And it's funny how they're "sworn to uphold the law" yet I see so many of them talking on their cell phones while driving (ticket here), speeding, switching lanes without signaling, turning their lights on to get through a stop light and then turning them off after they went through it... I see cops breaking the law more on this island (and everywhere else I lived) than your average citizen walking the street...

So the Strawberry Cough plant is now chopped. She is huge! By the time she dries, she'll be lucky if she's under a pound and didn't even get 2.5' tall!

These pictures were taken 10-4-09:

Photo0332.jpg

Photo0332.jpg

Light, lights, and more light

Nice looking plants. However I am still skeptical of LEDs claims of equality and/or superiority in terms of harvest weight. I can't wait to be relieved of the doubt. In post #1 2nd pic upper left hand corner there appears to be an HID hood with a (HPS. MH lamps are more rotund) lamp in place cord hanging as if plugged in not stored. Is this light being used in the grow as well? Also, same pic beneath the HID and behind the foliage is another light of some sort illuminated emanating Rubik's cube colors? What is the purpose of this light? How many other lights are being used beside LEDs? Just curious so I can make the best personal assessment possible in order to make a purchasing decision.

Re: Light, lights, and more light

Nice looking plants. However I am still skeptical of LEDs claims of equality and/or superiority in terms of harvest weight. I can't wait to be relieved of the doubt. In post #1 2nd pic upper left hand corner there appears to be an HID hood with a (HPS. MH lamps are more rotund) lamp in place cord hanging as if plugged in not stored. Is this light being used in the grow as well?

My friend had 3800W of HID hanging up in the room (3, 1000W, 2 400W). The lights were turned off once she started using the LED's. They were not used for the bloom and are currently being removed from the room to be sold. 504W LED was used originally, then after several weeks another 126W was added, bringing the grand total to 630W LED.

Oh sorry, I had forgotten about that. A long time ago (around the beginning) she had one of my 120W beta lights sitting on the side (on top of the other reservoir). That night we took it and hung it up in the veg room.

What's beta light and what's its purpose in indoor growing? Is this another of ur products? Can it be used alone? How is it mounted?

The beta light was my pre-production model. It's the same dimensions as any 120W unit you would see on eBay or any of my competitor's pages. It uses 119W LED with slightly different ratios than our production model 126W lights, and about half the footprint. She's been testing my LED's since they were in that stage ;) before anyone else could buy em and before they were production ready.

Wow. How long have you been working to develop this technology? If u have pic of the beta by itself I'd like to see it. U've about doubled the footprint with an additional 7 watts? How'd U manage that? How does the yield from the beta compare to ur current model (the 126W)?

I did 2 solid years of research and development on LED grow lights for marijuana. As a medical patient, and someone with a brain that never stops working, I saw the potential that LED had in theory and realized that there wasn't a single company making a light that supplied plants with what they needed. I spent hundreds of hours researching, testing, and designing the lights. I went through several test models and tested various combinations of different colors before coming up with the working Beta light. Everything else up until then (including 5 band lights with orange) failed horribly. That doesn't mean the plants didn't grow, it means that the rate was no where comparable to even the same wattage HID, let alone the 400W like most companies claim (UFO).

The 120W beta light had a winning combination of spectral output, matched with the intensity of a 60 degree lens. The only downfall: it's small footprint. I looked at plants that I was growing under it, and realized that they were growing extremely fast, even though they were only getting light from 20-30W of LED's. This led me to develop small clusters of light (light engines) into the exact ratios of colors I needed, as I realized that's all a plant required in order to grow at an alarming pace. Because the light spreads out, I arranged the clusters on a larger board (normally used for 300W LED lights) achieving nearly double the coverage area, with only 7 more watts. In order to use 60 degree LED's efficiently, they need to be spaced out or you end up with WAY too many watts per square foot of coverage area.

See ur tryin to impress me aren't ya? U know what...................................it might be working! Now lets just see em bring in a good - monster haul. Will u have any models constructed to cover standard tent sizes and flood tables? How long do the diodes last? Is the whole unit gone if one goes out or is damaged?

See ur tryin to impress me aren't ya? U know what...................................it might be working! Now lets just see em bring in a good - monster haul. Will u have any models constructed to cover standard tent sizes and flood tables? How long do the diodes last? Is the whole unit gone if one goes out or is damaged?

All diodes are independent of each other, so if 1 burns out it does not affect the others. They are rated for 70% initial brightness after 50,000 hours of continuous use (6 straight years). They can last longer, but by then LED's will likely be 3x as bright as they are now, so you'd want to upgrade to a new unit.

As far as constructing the lights around tables, no. It costs too much money ($100K+) to develop a custom mold for a custom light. We have designed our lights in 3 sizes to give you the versatility in selecting which ones would work best at covering your area. They are designed to be used in close proximity of each other to create a "sheet" of light over your coverage area. So if you were doing a 4' x 4' grow tent, 4 126W models would do a great job at covering all sections with even intensity, while delivering 31.5W LED per square foot. You could also use 2, 318W units to cover the tent, resulting in almost 40W LED per square foot. If you're a bad-ass like Ed Rosenthal, you use 3 of our 318W units in a 4' x 4' area ;)

All diodes are independent of each other, so if 1 burns out it does not affect the others. They are rated for 70% initial brightness after 50,000 hours of continuous use (6 straight years). They can last longer, but by then LED's will likely be 3x as bright as they are now, so you'd want to upgrade to a new unit.
Excellent news.
As far as constructing the lights around tables, no. It costs too much money ($100K+) to develop a custom mold for a custom light. We have designed our lights in 3 sizes to give you the versatility in selecting which ones would work best at covering your area. They are designed to be used in close proximity of each other to create a "sheet" of light over your coverage area. So if you were doing a 4' x 4' grow tent, 4 126W models would do a great job at covering all sections with even intensity, while delivering 31.5W LED per square foot.
Ouch! Understandable. U know how we can change hoods for different sized spaces while maintaining the same sized (wattage) lamp? Is there some sort or reflector that can be used in conjunction with the units? Seems it may be more cost effective. What''s your MSRP? Or are they only available thru u via internet? I hope that's not a premature question.

The LED's are soldered onto their power boards which are installed into the reflector. The units contain reflector, light source, power supplies, heat sink, and fans in one compact unit. LED's work differently than HID, and you can't switch out "hoods" on them... They are designed to provide light to a set area, in order to achieve a certain watt per square foot ratio. Without this amount of light, budding at the level you've seen demonstrated here wouldn't be possible. So the way you cover more area, is simply with more units.

The 63W unit measures 16" x 8.5" and sells for $260 shipped.

The 126W unit measures 19" x 12.5" and sells for $450 shipped.

The 318W unit measures 34" x 12.5" and sells for $1175 shipped.

The most economical way to cover larger areas, is by using multiple 126W units, as they provide the most coverage area per watt. The units are available on our website, or if you'd prefer to pay by credit card (but not use paypal), you can do so by phone. Otherwise we accept money orders.

So do I have this correct? Optimally for a 4 foot square growing space you would use 4 boxes? I've never done that small a space, I wonder how many plants you could feasibly squeeze into that space.

Also is it possible to just drive up to Oak Harbor and pay cash?

Because of the coverage area of each light, you would need 4 to evenly cover a 4' x 4' area. Each light supplies a 2' x 3' coverage area, so 2 of them could technically do 4' x 3', but you're still going to need two more in order to cover the last small section. You can grow 12 plants in a 4' x 4' space quite easily. Depending on the size of them, you could grow more if you wanted to.

As far as driving up to Oak Harbor, if you want to come here, you're more than welcome to.

Back
Top Bottom