Highly Impressive LED Bloom

Can't wait for you to get started with the test. I was just told that your unit will be shipping by the end of the week, meaning that you will have it on Monday/Tuesday of the following week. It seems the Chinese are finally getting back into the swing of things and catching up since their recent Holiday.

I've been seeing led grow setups crop up all over now, but i've yet to see one combined with a light mover (maybe from insuffiecient looking). If you could cover a 2'x3' with one panel, couldn't you drop a panel under a light mover and cover a 2' x (length of rail)? The only issue i've thought of is the narrow LED angel. With an HID the plants at the opposite end of the light on a rail get quotably "50%" the lights intensity, but i figure the narrow led angle will have the plants nearly blacked out when the light gets far enough away. You actually showed earlier a test demonstrating the narrow led angle.

Now i'm not sure if the HID puts 50% light intensity farthest from the light on a rail, i've never tested that or seen a lux meter show me that, which seems like a simple test really. But i'd really like to save money and put possibly 2 penatrators on a light rail for a 4'x6'. Any thought on light movers + LED panels?

Can't wait for you to get started with the test. I was just told that your unit will be shipping by the end of the week, meaning that you will have it on Monday/Tuesday of the following week. It seems the Chinese are finally getting back into the swing of things and catching up since their recent Holiday.

Looking forward to receiving your light!

then just need to wait to harvest my current grow and it's on!

I understand where you're coming from, and I could give you a whole list of people here who I think are better, more experienced, and more knowledgeable growers than myself, but I didn't ask for the job ;).

When asked if I was interested, I consented because I have a good setup for grow comparisons, because I am very interested in LED lights, and because I take commitments seriously and promise to give it my best shot.

thanks brother, and glad you'll be aboard!

I would agree that i might have voted for Irie(who hasnt been around as of late anyway) or harry, or a few others, but choosing you was still a great choice i think. You may not have been 1st pic but hey that doesnt matter. I just want to see a non-tainted, and fair grow. Cause 1175 for one light is a very sizeable investment, and with leds we all kno you dont see the benefits of such an investment for 1 year or so.

Needless to say, you have great grows, and id def be subscribed to your journal.

Quick question SS, would you still be eligible for POM & NOG? And if im not mistaken the LED lady said you're testing it out against a haight solid light? what was your experience with that one? cause i only know a handful of buds(friends) with that particular led, but one of em is claiming to have decent results.

Anywho, lookin forward to seein your grow move forward..

I would agree that i might have voted for Irie(who hasnt been around as of late anyway) or harry, or a few others, but choosing you was still a great choice i think. You may not have been 1st pic but hey that doesnt matter. I just want to see a non-tainted, and fair grow. Cause 1175 for one light is a very sizeable investment, and with leds we all kno you dont see the benefits of such an investment for 1 year or so.

thanks, and I will do my best to make it a fair comparison. I have no dog in this hunt whatsoever. I will just be the messenger.

Needless to say, you have great grows, and id def be subscribed to your journal.

thanks, and glad you'll be following along!

Quick question SS, would you still be eligible for POM & NOG?

No idea, that would be up to the mods.

And if im not mistaken the LED lady said you're testing it out against a haight solid light? what was your experience with that one? cause i only know a handful of buds(friends) with that particular led, but one of em is claiming to have decent results.

Yes, I will be testing the Hydrogrow 126w Penetrator versus the Haight 190w PPF-800.

I have not used either of these lights previously, so it should be an illuminating experience ;).

I've been seeing led grow setups crop up all over now, but i've yet to see one combined with a light mover (maybe from insuffiecient looking). If you could cover a 2'x3' with one panel, couldn't you drop a panel under a light mover and cover a 2' x (length of rail)? The only issue i've thought of is the narrow LED angel. With an HID the plants at the opposite end of the light on a rail get quotably "50%" the lights intensity, but i figure the narrow led angle will have the plants nearly blacked out when the light gets far enough away. You actually showed earlier a test demonstrating the narrow led angle.

The narrow angle would leave your other plants in the dark depending on the length of the mover. If you had 2 of them on the mover, you might get better results, but these are better as a stationary source of light. If they emitted light in all angles, with the energy of a HID, I'd say that light movers might be efficiently used with them...

Between that and Thanksgiving in Canuckland and my buddy :ganjamon: is getting anxious for his lights....:goof:

We just shipped out a whole bunch of units, so it should be showing up soon. I'll have to double check though, cause there are still more orders to ship. China got a little backed up after their 60-year celebration of the People's Republic of China. I think it's like an overblown 4th of July celebration. It came inconveniently on the week after I returned, which kinda ruined my normal shipping schedules. Anyhow, sorry if it's taking a little longer than normal, but it's out of my control and I'm pushing them hard to get everything out.

My buddy :ganjamon: says light movers + anything is a waste of $400...spend the money on another light to cover the area...otherwise he knows where you can get 3 shiny one's with rails and all!!:passitleft:

I would beg to differ my man. They are worth every penny, but you know what they say about opinions...

I would beg to differ my man. They are worth every penny, but you know what they say about opinions...

I'd beg to differ again, but that's just me. The only light mover I ever used was a 360 degree spinning unit with 4 arms (Solar Revolution or something like that). I had 2, 1000W lights on it, spinning around my room. I had better results with both lights stationary, than with them on the mover. After that grow with the mover, I never used it again. If I had 4, 1000W on it, it would have worked fine, but 4, 1000W would have done the same area in a stationary position as well. Anyhow, we all have our own opinions. Why is it you like light movers?

I'd beg to differ again, but that's just me. The only light mover I ever used was a 360 degree spinning unit with 4 arms (Solar Revolution or something like that). I had 2, 1000W lights on it, spinning around my room. I had better results with both lights stationary, than with them on the mover. After that grow with the mover, I never used it again. If I had 4, 1000W on it, it would have worked fine, but 4, 1000W would have done the same area in a stationary position as well. Anyhow, we all have our own opinions. Why is it you like light movers?

with a 1K HPS you really need to target a 4x4 area. my area is 8x9. So 2 1k lamps and 2 7 ft rails do the trick. I get great coverage. It depends on your situation. In mine they work great

How much heat is generated by your 300 watt unit? Also, where is the recommended distance between the LED light and the top of the plants? Is it beneficial to keep it as close as possible or do they need a specific distance from the plants to perform at their best?

The 300W units generate little heat. Depending on the size area you put them in, and how well insulated it is, it shouldn't raise your room temp over 85 degrees. They reach a maximum operating temperature of 105 degrees F.

The recommended distance is 6-12" from your canopy. I don't recommend any closer than 6", except for possibly the last 3 weeks of flowering. The higher you place the light, the more stretch you can achieve, so I tend to use my units 9-12" away in veg and early bloom stage, and then 6"-9" during the late bloom stage.

with a 1K HPS you really need to target a 4x4 area. my area is 8x9. So 2 1k lamps and 2 7 ft rails do the trick. I get great coverage. It depends on your situation. In mine they work great

I see how it would work ok in that situation with HID's. I'm guessing that the lights alternate? 1 is at one end, while the other is at the opposite, and then they cross in the middle?

Not knocking your opinion or results but my buddy :ganjamon: says your better off with 4 600w if you want to keep the hydro down since you would still be using 2 breakers and the extra 400w are offset by the movers ...otherwise you're giving your plants full light for 6 out of 12 bloom hours..how is that going to produce better results?:peace:

My friend started her new grow recently using between 15 and 16 plants amongst both of her 2' x 4' aero trays. She is using netting to try her first "Scrog" grow. Over 1 unit she has 5, 126W lights, and on the other she has 4, 119W lights. All in all that makes 1106W LED (although she needs to position them better).

These pictures were taken 8-15-09:

Photo0337.jpg

Photo0338.jpg

Curious as to what is happening in this grow here...hope all is well for everybody around.

Say a person wanted to own four of your 126W units. Would a 2x4 area be fairly ideal?

Thanks, and thanks for sharing this!

-GoG-

I'll have an update in a few days most likely. If you put 4, 126W units over a 2' x 4' area, that would be awesome. You'd nearly fill your area with a sheet of light, creating a very intense and even spread of light throughout the entire area. You can go large with your area, but packing more Watts per square foot helps to pack more weight on your plants.

Very nice , but we all know that led lights them self are rather cheap , i am not sure where the giant price of decent units comes from , it consist of a transformer a circuit board and a cooling fan , it seems a buck an led would be more than profitable , but untill the price becomes reasonable i will stay with the t-5 .................very nice plants how was the density of the nugs?

Back
Top Bottom