Highly Impressive LED Bloom

Thank you :grinjoint:

My friend recently did just over a pound under 2, 126W lights (almost 2grams/watt). I had another customer report just over 4 ounces with the 63W unit (again nearly 2grams/watt). I'm seeing pretty hearty growth in my own garden, though it's kinda hard to get solid numbers on a perpetual cycle.

A 90 degree viewing angle would only increase the intense footprint (the area of highest intensity closest to the light) by about 10%. The intense area doesn't change a whole lot in size, the lens simply throws more light outwards to the edges. I've found it's more efficient to simply use multiple lights, but if someone wanted 90 I could do it. When I switch to Scrog, I'm still going to have plants that are 2' tall, so I'll want the penetration. It's not just about how far it can go into your canopy, it's about how much energy it is able to deliver to the leaf, which has given us more density and longer, thicker colas.

Could someone please post the links to the independent grows being done by SS or anyone else with a single 126w Penetrator?

Thanks.

Hi sweetherb, I'm in the last weeks of my current grow.

I will be starting my independent grow comparison after I harvest my current grow.

McBudz will also be doing a comparison between the 126w Hydro Grow Led Penetrator and a 400w HID. I'm not sure of the time frame for that comparison, but I'll definitely be following!

stay tuned,

it seems like LED grows are sprouting up everywhere ;).

Actually, McBudz will be using 4, 126W and 2, 63W units in a 4' x 4' area against a 600W HPS in another 4' x 4' area. 630W LED vs 600W HPS.

No, neither of my gardens right now is running CO2, nor have they for the past 5 weeks. Gotta get my tanks filled....

It looks like you are getting good results without c02, have you done a complete grow without gas, to see what happens without injection? Oh, BTW, I've kind of stalked you from different sites in the background (no names mentioned) and I have to say that I enjoy reading your posts, you defend yourself awesome, you remind me of me in that aspect. :nicethread: :yummy:

The 126W does an excellent job throughout all stages of growth. You do not need any additional lighting to run the full cycle.

He asked if you use it for veg. If not why?

No bashing, just tryig to get facts.

Yep I use the lights for veg as well as bloom. That's kinda what I meant by "all stages of growth". They work great for clones, veglings, and fully mature plants, but they especially rock in bloom. I do have separate rooms though, with different amounts of lights in each one, so the plants don't go through all stages in one location under one light, although they could be ;)

It looks like you are getting good results without c02, have you done a complete grow without gas, to see what happens without injection? Oh, BTW, I've kind of stalked you from different sites in the background (no names mentioned) and I have to say that I enjoy reading your posts, you defend yourself awesome, you remind me of me in that aspect. :nicethread: :yummy:

The majority of my grow so far has been without CO2. The last time the girls had it was right before I left for Mexico (September 15), so the oldest ones were only exposed for 2-3 weeks max, and the younger ones (super sticky) have never seen CO2. Honestly I'm a bit shocked by how many crystals I'm beginning to see without using CO2. It's been such a standard practice for me over the years, and this is the longest time they've ever been without it. I can't WAIT till I get some more CO2 pumping back in!

Could someone please post the links to the independent grows being done by SS or anyone else with a single 126w Penetrator?

Thanks.

sweetherb a bud of mine is doing 3 of them to see if they stack up to what a 1000w hps would produce. It's something we would know a comparison too rather then one light..
Testing New LED Lights vs 1000w HPS

^^

The two new threads aren't quite ready yet. As soon as they are started we'll get links around so everyone sees them (in Cammie's signature for example)

Stay tuned ;)

Hey Ms. LED if i can ask you somthing would it not be a better test with more effective results rather than a butt load of different variables to have both of your testers grow from clone off of the same plant this would make the grow even with genectis. they play the biggest role an any experiment of life. just a thouht to consider

We used three 4x4 spaces with 11 clones from the same plants. Each space has 9 AMS and 2 White Widow plants. One (1000w hps) will be done in 3 weeks with results a couple of weeks after. This will give us what to shoot for. The other 2 (the one LED and another HPS) were started flowering at the same time just over a week ago and Santa is going to help chop them down!:peace:

Hey Ms. LED if i can ask you somthing would it not be a better test with more effective results rather than a butt load of different variables to have both of your testers grow from clone off of the same plant this would make the grow even with genectis. they play the biggest role an any experiment of life. just a thouht to consider

It's not up to me. The two testers likely live in separate states, and I don't live in either of them... The tests are being hosted by 420Mag, and whatever is available/doable is what will get done for the test. For the 600W to 630W comparison, they'll likely all be the same clones from the same mother...

just a thought that i thought should be considerd can grow support chime in on 420 behalf

We hope everyone chimes in ;)

Our official testing facility with McBudz as master gardener will keep things objective. We all want to see the data ;)

Back
Top Bottom