Highly Impressive LED Bloom

Last I heard he was in Amsterdam and was supposed to return by the 1st of November. I'll be giving him a call this upcoming week to find out what's going on, as I was under the impression that I would have some preliminary results weeks ago.

last i heard he was in amsterdam and was supposed to return by the 1st of november. I'll be giving him a call this upcoming week to find out what's going on, as i was under the impression that i would have some preliminary results weeks ago.

:geek::hmmmm:

Ok, I had a few quick questions about your lights. I'm about to purchase a single 126 watt light from your company and I was wondering exactly how much space it could effectively cover. Is 2x3 really accurate for just 1 light?

Would I get a decent yeild with 4-5 plants in a 2x3 space under a single 126 watt light? Or is that too much for that light?

Also, is 12" really an effective height to keep the light above the plants? Would keeping the light that high still give me good growth and tight buds? Thanks for your help.

12" will induce stretching during veg and the first few weeks of bloom. If you want to keep the plants shorter and bushier, use the lights at 6-9". 2' x 3' is the effective coverage area of these units. The "intense" area beneath the light measures approximately 18" x 30", leaving a 3" square on the outside edge that is more or less "supplemental lighting". Depending on your growing medium, I would say 3-4 plants are sufficient for a single 126W light. I can fit 4 in hydro without a problem, but because of the pots used in soil growing, most people are using 2-3 plants under a single light.

If you use the lights at 12" throughout the entire cycle, you will still have nice, thick colas that are extremely dense. We simply don't recommend raising the light any higher, as it decreases the ability of the light to penetrate your plants.

Alright thanks for the info, very much apreciated. I'll be doing some Kings Kush, Satori, and LA confidential, with one of your lights here in a couple of weeks so I'm pretty excited.:yummy:

just a thought that i thought should be considerd can grow support chime in on 420 behalf

As it stands now I'm about 4 -6 weeks or so out from starting the led/hid compare grow. I have 3 moms / 3 strains I may pick from to do my compare.

1 being my current Great White Shark mom that I have done many quality grows with to date.

2 being young DNA genetic mom's LA Confidential and RockLock.

Given the difficulty of pulling 24 nice clones from 1 of these plants I am most likely going to have to do mix genetics for each side of the test. Either way I do it it will be even.

For example the LED side could be 4 plants each GWS, LAC, RL, or 6 each LAC and RL. And however the LED side is configured the HPS side will also be configured. Each side will have the same amount of clones from the same mothers.

Depending on space.. I intend to also veg under floro/led. meaning I will floro veg the hid bloom clones ( as I do today) and I will try to led veg the led bloom clones. I am very interested in seeing a LED soups to nuts grow next to my current typical setup of floro veg to HPS bloom.

OK ... we have a test now same plants same area.Now it needs to be 1 light to 1 light .How is this test going to be as a 190w LED is supose to be the same as a 1000w or 600w HID.Are we going apples to apples,or we going to put 20 LED's in a 4x4 tent with T5 backup.whats the rules?I was told i need 16 light to cover the same area i have now with 2 1000w HPS with movers.

1=same area
2=same strain"clones from same mother"
3=same nutes
4=same number of lights
The big thing with LED is they claim less watts = the same as a bigger watt HID,but there is no conclusive data to support such a claim.If you put more then one light is the area to be tested.The results are skewed.The real question is can a LED stand alone in a full cycle grow"veg to bloom"with no supplemental lighting.120w LED claims to be a 600w HID theres your test'bases on the LED web site".

TY for chiming in, I think its great if there are even clones and all that sh!t it great a REAL controlled Science EXPERIMENT I will be tuned in FOR SURE. you should try to convince SS for the same thing on behalf of scientific results. not to many wierd varibles with differnt gens.. I never realized ow important GENE's are until i grew green beans I grew seven plants 5 plants sprouted immediatly and the other two started to rot if you ever grow GB you''ll know what I mean ROT.anyways so i germinated the other two before putting in soiland tey were two weeks behind by the time of germination. and i have never seen a plant othe than weed grow so fast one of the twowas growing insane fast within 1 week it had caught up to every other plant and 1 week after that it was double any other plants size. I can't find any other answer to why this would be other than genetics because they were all grown out of the same system with same amount of nutes at the same time. just my 2 cents ty McBUDZ

OK ... we have a test now same plants same area.Now it needs to be 1 light to 1 light .How is this test going to be as a 190w LED is supose to be the same as a 1000w or 600w HID.Are we going apples to apples,or we going to put 20 LED's in a 4x4 tent with T5 backup.whats the rules?I was told i need 16 light to cover the same area i have now with 2 1000w HPS with movers.

1=same area
2=same strain"clones from same mother"
3=same nutes
4=same number of lights
The big thing with LED is they claim less watts = the same as a bigger watt HID,but there is no conclusive data to support such a claim.If you put more then one light is the area to be tested.The results are skewed.The real question is can a LED stand alone in a full cycle grow"veg to bloom"with no supplemental lighting.120w LED claims to be a 600w HID theres your test'bases on the LED web site".

My comparison grow will be watt for watt as close as possible so 630 led watts vs 600 HPS watts. All things being equal I am expecting (hoping) for greater yield with LED which imo will make the lights more than worth it. With out a doubt there will be better light coverage over the area with leds. (6 fixtures 4 x 125's and 2 x 63's)

A 600 watt equiv. led setup just cant cover the same area as an HPS bulb with reflector. So the trade off for equal power consumption had better be increased yield. How much we shall soon find out.

This is going to be interesting. There are a lot of things to consider. I would agree with Pit on using their claims as a base for testing. But I have seen in past post that they have said that the 2x3 coverage area (126w) would produce as much as the 400w HID in the same 2x3 area. We know that a 400w HID has a greater coverage area than 2x3. It's more like 3x3 to 3x4. With that in mind if you were to base it on the amount of the 3x4 coverage of a 400w HID you would need 2 126w or 4 63w LEDs = 252w of LEDs. that is 148w less than the 400w HID. With all this in mind you would have to expect the LEDs to out preform the HID given the claims of the manufacturer

may be Setting Sun Could do the the compare for the equal coverage area. thats just a suggestion he may already have other plans though. hope he will give it some thought

Something I'm pretty sure of that may want to be kept in mind when doing these comparisons. I believe that if you get X yield from 6 equal size LED's you CANNOT assume that if you only use 1 of those LED's you will get 1/6th the yield. I think that if you go from 1 - 126w unit to 2 - 126w units your intense light area goes up by more than double. It may be as high as 150% by adding the second unit. This is from the overlapping of light from the 2 units (assuming you keep the lights close).

The big thing with LED is they claim less watts = the same as a bigger watt HID,but there is no conclusive data to support such a claim.

WHOA Pit... slow down a second. Who ever said a 190W LED was equivalent to a 1000W HID? My site claims 1 of our 318W units to be equal to a 1000W.

The rules for our test are LED vs HID, I have NO idea where you get this idea that T5's or supplemental lighting will be involved...

No Conclusive Data?: does this mean you disregard everything within this thread itself? 2, 126W lights producing a pound on a 2.5' tall plant? Or the AK yielding 7.5 ounces... That's CONCLUSIVE. What you saw was nearly 2lbs of plant material being created under 504W, then 630W of LED. Let's see you do 2lbs with a 600W HID.

Or how about all those people currently growing with our lights, uploading more conclusive data to the web every day. How many people will it take, having excellent results with our lights, before you finally believe it? Or better yet, how many SINGLE light 126W grows will you need to watch? There are at least 2 on this site that I can count...

If you put more then one light is the area to be tested.The results are skewed.The real question is can a LED stand alone in a full cycle grow"veg to bloom"with no supplemental lighting.120w LED claims to be a 600w HID theres your test'bases on the LED web site".

How are the results skewed any? 600W LED in an area, doesn't mean your plants get the light from 600W of LED. They get light from only what's above them... Our units don't shoot light in every direction like a HID, you have to setup multiple units to cover larger spaces. In my own rooms, and my friend's room LED was the STANDALONE lighting source, ZERO supplementation. So why are you talking about supplementing? I also have a post on this thread that shows you how the light is spread when you have multiple units over an area, and how much light is accessible by any individual plant within that area. Go check it out, because the results I've posted are using 126W light sources, and they create BASEBALL and COKE CAN sized buds constantly...

Lastly, I DO NOT claim my 126W to be equal to a 600W HID.

TY for chiming in, I think its great if there are even clones and all that sh!t it great a REAL controlled Science EXPERIMENT I will be tuned in FOR SURE. you should try to convince SS for the same thing on behalf of scientific results.

It's not so much an issue of convincing me that clones from the same mother would be ideal, I fully agree.

It's an issue of what resources I have available at the moment. I have no source for clones at the moment. I thought about buying some clones from a dispensary, but there is no way they could ensure me that they all came from the same mom, so that plan is out.

I can't really ask anyone in the 805 area to see if they have any clones because I think that would be against the forum rules.

So that's why I'm going with feminized seeds. I may take some cuttings from one of the plants in veg and do a second comparison with clones from the same mom. That's projecting a bit, but certainly a possibility.

I do appreciate your concern Pacha, and I share it, but I have to work within my circumstances, and I think there will be plenty of good information to come out of this grow.

I'm using a single light from each company in identical tents at 7.3 sq feet.

Ya really, u can even buy the 63 watter for 200 bucks!?!? If it works well than you can invest in the 8 or whaterver bigger units you need. sounds like the suspense is just killin some of yall! I remember what that was like tell I got one hahahaha!

just buy one and see. 200.00 should be nothing for you if you grow mj...

Otherwise take the cheepo no funno route and wait for someone else to do it

Have Some Fun Again, Experiment!!!

It's not that I don't want to Scooby, it's simply that NO MATTER how many tests, with whatever variables, someone is always going to COMPLAIN that they want it done some way else. There are always those that simply can't find complacency in what is being performed, they only wish to create more drama about what they themselves are not doing, and it tires me. There is a simple reason why I don't carry out the 400W vs 126W grow again: I SOLD MY HIDS, AND NEVER PLAN ON BUYING ANOTHER. Not to mention the 400W would need ventilation, glass, and ducting to even try and compete with the LED... I don't need to do a single side-by-side grow when there are users such as yourself testing a SINGLE 126W unit over several plants. Anyone who knows what a 400W does, can look at your grow and see if it compares, they don't need another unit right beside it to do so. Since you aren't the only 1 testing a 126W, this SINGLE light grow can be cross referenced with other members to verify results.

What upsets me is when people tell me I'm using bait and switch tactics, or when they come on here and misquote everything in relation to our units and how they are rated, and then tells people there is no conclusive data, when this thread is FULL of it! It's almost like a campaign for ignorance with some people, and it bothers me when I have to CONSTANTLY correct them because of it.

I hear you which is why I said you will never please everyone.

I think the bait and switch comment comes from a few things, none of which i would agree with putting that tag on. The first is, unless I've missed it, there is not a complete journal using your product that show complete week to week progress (I know you've shown bud but to some that's not enough). This is in the process of being taken care of by me and several others. I think the second is you tend to compare 1 of your units to a HID. You did it when you did the cost of the lights over their lifetime (when having to replace bulbs) and when doing comparisons of power. I think when people than ask you how many lights they need and they are told 4 (seen recommended in a 4' x 4') or how ever many they actually need it throws them for a loop and they say "how can this compare when i need so many?".

You take more crap than any other 10 people (possibly more), so i can't blame you for getting pissed every now and than. Like I've said I don't need to be convinced. If it means anything I still love the light and am starting to plan when I can get another. :grinjoint:

just my $.02

this thread got way out of control while writing this. I'm removing myself from the discussion.

Back
Top Bottom