Highly Impressive LED Bloom

They can be shipped to Europe, we just need to know what country so that we can make it with the appropriate power cord, voltage, and hz. Shipping is slightly more abroad, but only by about $20-$30.

Actually, I don't think anyone on these forums has the credibility or exposure of Ed Rosenthal. That's not saying there aren't damn good growers on here, but when it comes to trusting someone's opinion, Ed is one of the most trusted names in the world when it comes to Marijuana. No offense, but regardless of who I get on this forum to test my lights, they are just another no-name individual in the weed community, who's only popular with a few people online, and a handful of people at home. They don't have the credibility of a major researcher like Ed.

Now when I say there are people on the forum using my lights, there are. TheBuilder is currently using my lights, and several other users. I don't know them all personally by SN, but I know their first names lol. A lot of my customers are on other forums, who are posting grow tests. Some of them have made it to this fine site, but I haven't seen any journals posted yet (a lot of them don't move at my speed). Just keep watching because in the upcoming weeks you're bound to see some testing pop up from 3rd party individuals. Since coming to this forum, there have been several users who have already placed orders, and I'm sure several of them will post their progress or feelings about my lights soon.

Now, as far as 420Mag is concerned, I am supposed to be sending Setting Sun a 126W grow light to test against the Haight PPF-800. He will be hosting his grow on this forum, and it is being arranged by the mods here at 420mag.com I will also be making units available to the magazine publication, once they are ready to begin a test. So patience is key here. You'll have your fellow brethren testing soon enough, and likely the magazine as well.

As far as Canada goes, there is currently a store in Ontario that will be conducting a test using 3 of our 126W lights. If they find the units to their satisfaction (which they will), they will be our first distributor in Canada.

Maybe not, but they are your target demographic, are they not?

A 'no-name' 420mag.com Grow Journal/Review speaks louder to most members than a celebrity endorsement. I'm sure you know what I mean, from a business stand-point...

Honestly, my demographic is any marijuana grower who's interested in better yields, using less watts. Sure, I market to people on this forum, but they are not my only demographic, nor the biggest. Most of the users who actually browse this site, are not members, or are not active members, yet they tend to be the ones who purchase from me. They don't know anyone on here, so in my opinion a celebrity endorsement is a much better thing. Everyone knows Ed Rosenthal, how many people know Setting Sun (just a screen name)? Not just that, but do you think Ed gives his endorsement on this kind of a thing to just anyone? If he falsely stated that our light outperforms HID, he would be attacked from every corner of the world, so he wouldn't risk endorsing a product unless he actually believed in it. If he did, his credibility and reputation would suffer, and Ed's a smarter guy than that. Also, forums are a small demographic when you look at magazines, university published studies, and celebrity growers posting their test results online and in a book. I'm after a lot more than just this site lol. If you look at the top 3 marijuana forums and add up their user lists, you only get 500,000 people (not all of them growers, barely half of them active). There's 1000X more people growing on this earth than what you see on forums...

There's no member named 'TheBuilder' registered on these Forums. I look forward to seeing more reviews from members I know and respect, so I'll be patient and keep my eyes open. If you're putting one in Setting Sun's hands, then that's good enough for me and I'll watch closely. Another grower that should be considered is 'Be IRIE'. He has experience with LEDs and is a member of Grow Support here.

Umm, that's @The Builder's link...click on it if you want. Setting Sun will be doing a test in the future, and McBudz may decide to do one as well. Most people who buy lights though (as stated above) are not active forum members... so even though I've sold a lot of lights, most of the people who buy them (even though they find me through sites like this) never make a single post. They just come here searching for information.

Also, how do feel LED compares to electrode-less frequency discharge lighting (EDFL), more commonly referred to as Induction lighting? Cost, lamp-life/degradation and operation parameters are all comparable, the determining factors are coverage and spectrum. Can you comment on this HGLED? I'm on the verge of choosing a new lamp and need information before deciding...

To start with, I don't know a whole ton about Induction lighting systems. I began looking into them about 6 months ago, and quickly decided it was a poor idea, as the manufacturers couldn't even explain how the things worked. They also couldn't tell me how you create different nm outputs with it, or what spectral outputs were available. I looked it up online, and they seem to be similar to fluorescent lights. I may be incorrect, but I don't see how you would be able to produce exactly 430nm-490nm, and 630nm-680nm in the same unit, using 1 Induction bulb. The future of growing lies in grow lights that only produce the spectral output that plants need. The future is all about efficiency and how the plants use light, so if the induction is missing spectral output, or has too much, it can't compare. They don't seem to carry the versatility, or program ability of LED's. I also don't think their lumen per watt output will ever match what LED's will be capable of in the years to come. As it is right now, they have white LED's making 240lumens with 1W, which is brighter than any other source. That means that induction can't compete with LED, even in today's lumen output realm. LED's give you the ability to pinpoint the exact spectra you need, at the precise ratio you need it.

Here I am "The Builder" and I will be posting a journal using 2-63 watt HGL and 1- wex150starting in a few days. Germinating beans as we speak.

Here I am "The Builder" and I will be posting a journal using 2-63 watt HGL and 1- wex150starting in a few days. Germinating beans as we speak.

This is the first time I'll grow from seed since my second grow around 4 years ago! The Attitude seed bank seemed to have the best pricing, especially when you look at the fact that they give you extra free seeds with your order.

Are you really going to do a grow test with beans lol? Not that it isn't a valid demonstration (as you already know from your tomatoes and basil), but wouldn't the tomatoes have been better? Weed would be best, but I understand the difficulties of not living in a medical state... Anyhow, can't wait for the test to begin regardless of what's grown!

Maybe not, but they are your target demographic, are they not?

A 'no-name' 420mag.com Grow Journal/Review speaks louder to most members than a celebrity endorsement. I'm sure you know what I mean, from a business stand-point...

There's no member named 'TheBuilder' registered on these Forums. I look forward to seeing more reviews from members I know and respect, so I'll be patient and keep my eyes open. If you're putting one in Setting Sun's hands, then that's good enough for me and I'll watch closely. Another grower that should be considered is 'Be IRIE'. He has experience with LEDs and is a member of Grow Support here.
Do you have a name or general location? Toronto, Ottawa?

Hey Andi...can you PM me.........

I'm getting ready to order some seeds actually. This is the first time I'll grow from seed since my second grow around 4 years ago! The Attitude seed bank seemed to have the best pricing, especially when you look at the fact that they give you extra free seeds with your order. Hopefully they are fast when it comes to shipping ;)

Are you really going to do a grow test with beans lol? Not that it isn't a valid demonstration (as you already know from your tomatoes and basil), but wouldn't the tomatoes have been better? Weed would be best, but I understand the difficulties of not living in a medical state... Anyhow, can't wait for the test to begin regardless of what's grown!

Hey HGL...have you found:
1 difference in water and nutes usage
2 ph and ec readings
3 flowering timing
4 co2 usage
since switching over?

Hey HGL...have you found:
1 difference in water and nutes usage
2 ph and ec readings
3 flowering timing
4 co2 usage
since switching over?

In order to establish a difference, I'd need something to compare it against. When I was testing the 400W vs the 126W, the tomatoes under the LED needed to be refilled half as much as those under HID. Then again, it was only a 2.5 gallon reservoir with 2 gallons in it...

I'm not seeing how lighting would effect the ph.

Flowering time seems right on par with previous grows under HID, although more weight. Buds are about 30-40% denser on average under LED.

As far as CO2 goes, I need to refill my tanks. I generally get 3 weeks out of my 50lb tank. I haven't paid that much attention to it recently to be quite honest, so I don't know if they use more, less, or the same now.

Are you really going to do a grow test with beans lol? Not that it isn't a valid demonstration (as you already know from your tomatoes and basil), but wouldn't the tomatoes have been better? Weed would be best, but I understand the difficulties of not living in a medical state... Anyhow, can't wait for the test to begin regardless of what's grown

Hey C, Not literally beans, its slang for MJ seeds. Sorry for the confusion.

The following pictures were taken 8-22-09:

Photo0272.jpg

Photo0273.jpg

Photo0274.jpg

I noticed some HID lights in the back ground of the pics; as well as others further in the thread. What type are they and were they used in this grow for veg or used in conjunction with your lights ? I have noticed that the grows you have been listing have been vegged with HIDs. I would like to see a grow with your lights from start to finish to compare with the HID veg grows.

I like what I have seen so far with your LEDs
Keep the grows growing

I noticed some HID lights in the back ground of the pics; as well as others further in the thread. What type are they and were they used in this grow for veg or used in conjunction with your lights ? I have noticed that the grows you have been listing have been vegged with HIDs. I would like to see a grow with your lights from start to finish to compare with the HID veg grows.

I like what I have seen so far with your LEDs
Keep the grows growing

Actually, the plants that were grown for this test were vegged under T5. The lights you see in the background were the HID's she used prior to installing the LED's. She had 3, 1000W's and 2, 400W's. She wasn't too concerned about getting them down lol, but they were not used for the grow test. I told them specifically that they needed to remain off, and now they're being sold. My own personal plants are currently vegged under a mix of HPS, MH, and LED. Within a few weeks I should have it converted completely to LED. PM me if you want to see a customer grow that's currently going on from veg all the way through harvest with the 318W light. I'd link to it, but they don't like links to outside forums here ;)

Well after seeing the SC plant only luminated by 1 light in that pic, I'll tell you right now the 126 penatrator is going to blow away my HTG Supply 120 watter.

The Buds are just waaaaayyyyy denser.

Can't wait to get it...

Another grower that should be considered is 'Be IRIE'. He has experience with LEDs and is a member of Grow Support here.

I wouls have to agree and I would never knock SS but when it come to thing going right and consistancy BeIRIE is the stuff buds are made of this guy is great knowledge and everything. ANyways cant wait for that journal SS I;ll be watching and iknow Andy will be lurking too.

I wouls have to agree and I would never knock SS but when it come to thing going right and consistancy BeIRIE is the stuff buds are made of this guy is great knowledge and everything. ANyways cant wait for that journal SS I;ll be watching and iknow Andy will be lurking too.

I understand where you're coming from, and I could give you a whole list of people here who I think are better, more experienced, and more knowledgeable growers than myself, but I didn't ask for the job ;).

When asked if I was interested, I consented because I have a good setup for grow comparisons, because I am very interested in LED lights, and because I take commitments seriously and promise to give it my best shot.

thanks brother, and glad you'll be aboard!

Back
Top Bottom