Homer's Legal 4-Plant Max Perpetual Minimalist Garden In Ontario

After bumping nutes up a little bit from 5 to 6 g per gallon my Gorilla Glue seems to be losing leaves at a slightly slower rate but I'm not worried about it because the top of the plant is perfectly healthy and I was thinking a lot of people remove all the bottom leaves that I am having trouble with when they flip.

54.jpg

My Bruce Banner is pretty tall for its age with a lot of inter-nodal distance so I looked up on the Dr. Seeds site and the darn thing indoors can be 1 to 2 m. It will be a challenge keeping her at a manageable height with my basement height restrictions. I will post a pic of it probably in a few days.

After bumping nutes up a little bit from 5 to 6 g per gallon my Gorilla Glue seems to be losing leaves at a slightly slower rate but I'm not worried about it because the top of the plant is perfectly healthy and I was thinking a lot of people remove all the bottom leaves that I am having trouble with when they flip.

My Bruce Banner is pretty tall for its age with a lot of inter-nodal distance so I looked up on the Dr. Seeds site and the darn thing indoors can be 1 to 2 m. It will be a challenge keeping her at a manageable height with my basement height restrictions. I will post a pic of it probably in a few days.

That GG is absolutely stunning. Apple needs to recruit you as a spokesman! YOWZA!

That plant just keeps getting better and better :thumb:

Yes, this plant seems to have a mind of its own; it just wants to be big and healthy. I really haven't done anything different to this plant than my previous several crops. I treated it the same as the Devil's Seed Strain that I didn't get anything usable from so it's really mostly genetics. Its tips are about 4 feet across and last I measured the stock was 1.2 inches. She's a monster! And the lady is starting to smell.

In flower they will use and drop leaves that are contributing to photosynthesis

I think you are right Penny because it's not losing leaves like they have the other times; usually when I start losing bottom leaves my top leaves start getting yellow with dark spots also but this plant's top leaves are really healthy still and I am just losing the bottom leaves that aren't getting hardly any light at all. Almost makes me think that calmag I gave it for a month helped but I'm not going to change anything unless it goes for a dump.

That GG is absolutely stunning. Apple needs to recruit you as a spokesman! YOWZA!

Thanks, BooWho2 but as I said to oldsmokey it's mostly genetics. I am just staying out of its way trying not to upset it. I'm not really the spokesman type; more the guy at the back of the room making smart ass comments to my friends during the presentation. :p :party:

I’m guessing it’s normal leaf drop.
I think so too because the top leaves and any ones getting light seem fine. In the past the whole plant would go funky when they lose leaves so this seems different and natural. I know a lot of guys here really trim up the plant and I watched a time-lapse of a commercial grow and at the start of bud they almost totally stripped the plant of all it's fan leaves so the leaves I am loosing they wouldn't even have. And they got massive buds.

I take leaves farther up the plant but only take leaves growing towards the center of the plant. Leaves pointed towards the outside.
Maybe I should take more.

How many tops does the plant have?
I just counted about 25 main ones in the top even part of the canopy and at least that many farther out a bit lower.

Yes, this plant seems to have a mind of its own; it just wants to be big and healthy. I really haven't done anything different to this plant than my previous several crops. I treated it the same as the Devil's Seed Strain that I didn't get anything usable from so it's really mostly genetics. Its tips are about 4 feet across and last I measured the stock was 1.2 inches. She's a monster! And the lady is starting to smell.

I think you are right Penny because it's not losing leaves like they have the other times; usually when I start losing bottom leaves my top leaves start getting yellow with dark spots also but this plant's top leaves are really healthy still and I am just losing the bottom leaves that aren't getting hardly any light at all. Almost makes me think that calmag I gave it for a month helped but I'm not going to change anything unless it goes for a dump.

Thanks, BooWho2 but as I said to oldsmokey it's mostly genetics. I am just staying out of its way trying not to upset it. I'm not really the spokesman type; more the guy at the back of the room making smart ass comments to my friends during the presentation. :p :party:
That sounds like a good plan: Genetics and stay out of the way. I’m in the back of the room with you... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Clean up the bottom of the plant if you can. Remove branches that won’t make it to the canopy. Then look at the plant again from the top. Remove fan leaves that are facing inwards and blocking light from your main colas.

Clean up the bottom of the plant if you can. Remove branches that won’t make it to the canopy. Then look at the plant again from the top. Remove fan leaves that are facing inwards and blocking light from your main colas.
When I flipped it I did remove the branches that weren't making it to the canopy but there are probably more now so I will have another go at it and remove the inward-facing fan leaves from the top like you say also.

Having so few plants it's hard to do a lot of comparison tests so I have just been going with my intuition about how much to remove. It just seems reasonable to me that leaves basically are the engine of the plant that provides the Mojo for the buds to thrive so I have been reluctant to remove too many but if you think that's the way to go I'll give it a shot. I know @Baron Von Blurple is pretty radical in his pre-flip trimming and he got some pretty stellar results last harvest. So I'll give her a go. Thanks, Penny.

That sounds like a good plan: Genetics and stay out of the way. I’m in the back of the room with you... :cheesygrinsmiley:
Yup, BooWho2, I think the theory less is more often applies to my gardening. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:reading420magazine:

I took Penny's advice and gave my Gorilla Glue a pretty substantial pruning. I spent about half an hour removing lower leaves especially dead ones and more importantly removing all sorts of branches that won't make it to the top.

57.jpg

I also removed quite a few top leaves so that my buds will receive more light as Penny suggested. It may not look like it in the photographs but I took quite a few and my buds are much more exposed now. As above the before pictures are on the left for the following two pics; I shouldn't have to say which is which but in real life there is more difference than appears in the photos. She is on day 27 since flip.

55.jpg

56.jpg

Good work, looks good!
Thanks, Penny and for the suggestion. There were lots more flarfy lower buds than I expected I was glad to get rid of. That saved me a lot of future bud trimming time.

Back
Top Bottom