How I perform low stress training on my plants: Lots of pics!

First 'proper' LST....i think....better than the first anyway now that theres reason. Let those lowers catch up! Not sure if you remember my original LST attempt:eek:

Attachments

• 20200124_174737.jpg
    20200124_174737.jpg
    804 KB · Views: 60
Much better age! Do you have something supporting the bend, like a rock? I can't tell if anything is holding the stem straight on the opposite side of the bend.

Yep i agree! No i dont have anything supporting....the stem is a straight 45 deg. Seems so fragile im afraid im gonna break it with one wrong move. The stem hasnt been straight since my first attempt unfortunately this one will need a brace to hold it straight

Everything we do in a grow is a lesson for the next one!
Got it supported a bit today...didnt want to force it too much but i think this will help

Attachments

• 15799792877032321280208494028371.jpg
    15799792877032321280208494028371.jpg
    841 KB · Views: 57

Attachments

• 20200125_122345.jpg
    20200125_122345.jpg
    984.8 KB · Views: 57
So how do you water your plants when its tied down like that on the sides?

This is what i use....has a wide spout so evenly waters the soil. If I use this can and it would drench the leaves

shopping.jpeg

@InTheShed is it okay to lst daily to make minor adjustments? Plant seems to be bouncing back quite quickly from it within hours.

Anything that is tall enough to lay down I will tie whenever it's ready. That can be at the same time as the top or a few days later when they start their growth spurt.

As the lower growth starts getting the hormones, I tie them down in a direction away from the main and away from the other branches. I like to leave room to tie additional growth into the empty spaces.

I would think minor adjustments are fine based on his quote. He's not quite referring to adjustments as much as the tiedowns but adjusting the ties to keep the plant level would seem the right thing to do.

I would think minor adjustments are fine based on his quote. He's not quite referring to adjustments as much as the tiedowns but adjusting the ties to keep the plant level would seem the right thing to do.
Ive been adding tiedowns as well, sometimes one when i see fit, as well as adjusting as needed. Just dont want to overtrain!

I'll let Shed pipe in at this point... probably like I should have before my last post :hmmmm: I quickly forgot this is his tutorial and I may have stepped on his toesies. At least they are on the right legs though.
That wake and bake medicine tho! Love it!
:ganjamon: :snowboating:

Back
Top Bottom