How to grow in Coco: Feed schedule

Sorry ive not been around the past week or so, ive been mega busy and had intermittant internet. Ive only been updating my coco journal as ive just harvested 3 grows in a row and its so labour intensive. Anyway check out my other journals if you like plant and bud pics :cool:

I see from your feed schedule that you feed bloom nutes from day 1 of 12/12. I have done side-by-side grows feeding half the plants bloom nutes from day 1 of 12/12 and the other half when first pistils appears (7-14 days usually). I have only done two of this type of comparison grows and saw no difference in final yield. I am very interested in your thoughts/reasoning behind feeding bloom nutes from day 1 of 12/12 as opposed to when pistils appear.

I switch to bloom nutes a day or 2 before flip. It doesnt increase yield but it does finish plants faster 100%. Ive tried so many diff ways to feed and the schedule i have listed on page one of this thread is about as effective as it gets. The schedule is a generic one that will work for anyone providing adequate lighting and airflow are available, however i dont follow it as its written i adjust and tweak it to every grow as they are all different and after a whole you can read the plants and what they want at diff stages, nothing is set in stone and thats why i hate feed charts in general but the are good for beginners. But yes i count flower from the start of 12/12 and switch straight to bloom feed schedule to load up on p/k and the mix i use has enough N there to allow healthy growth while stretching, the main focus is to get the roots really going the first 2 weeks of flower.

Hi Cultivator, I'm thinking of using 3L air pots for my starting pots what size would you use for the second pots?

I start my plants in 1-2litre pots, i dont bother with air pots or fabric pots at this point as i want my roots to form a nice ball. Then i go from that pot to my final size pot which is anything from 17litre+. In coco its just not necessary to pot up multiple times. When growing indoors you are limited to how much you can hit per m2 and you can achieve that in a short amount of time. i would never veg more than 6 weeks ever indoors as there is no benefit to longer period in my opinion for several reasons which i wont go into now. But id go with your 3 litre starter pots if thats what you have then id go max 4 plants per m2 and 17-25litre pots to finish.

hey cult cant believe size of those plants. hiow long do u veg for? also will a mini fridge for beer work for drying in paper bags?and how often do u check it bags when drying?

I have been reading this thread for a while now. very interesting and a lot of good information.

I just have a quick question regarding the base nutrients.
I am using Canna Coco A&B as base nutrients right now.

Lets say I want to add 100 PPM of A&B. How do you guys calculate this. Do you calculate the amount with the PPM or to you go by quantity of liquid.

Do you add nutrient A until you reach 50PPM and then adding nutrient B until you reach a total of 100PPM ?

I noticed when I do this sometimes it takes more of nutrient B to to get 50ppm out of it. So maybe thats why on the bottles it says to add half half of each.

Hope my question is clear. :)

Thank you guys.

Cult do you add equal parts grow micro and bloom? I'm not sure if it's the same but with sensi grow for coco, there it takes 15ml of part B to get the same ppms as 5ml of the part a.

Cult do you add equal parts grow micro and bloom? I'm not sure if it's the same but with sensi grow for coco, there it takes 15ml of part B to get the same ppms as 5ml of the part a.

And what do you do. Do you go with the ppm and not have the same quantity of nute liquid or do you go with half half and calculate the final ppm results ?

And what do you do. Do you go with the ppm and not have the same quantity of nute liquid or do you go with half half and calculate the final ppm results ?
I started off doing equal ppms part a and b. Then thought I maybe was doing it wrong, so I switched. Ended up with salt build up and lockout.... so I'm going by NPK ratio in per ppms so I can calculate my overall NPK ratio

I started off doing equal ppms part a and b. Then thought I maybe was doing it wrong, so I switched. Ended up with salt build up and lockout.... so I'm going by NPK ratio in per ppms so I can calculate my overall NPK ratio
ok me its the opposite. I was adding by looking at PPMs. Then I thought I was doing it wrong so I switched to adding equal quantity of liquid. But its been 2 days only so...

And I have other issue with my plants too. I think I have a cal or mag deficiency. Maybe I will post pictures tomorrow and try to get help here. You can check my journal. a few pics in there.

My journal

ok me its the opposite. I was adding by looking at PPMs. Then I thought I was doing it wrong so I switched to adding equal quantity of liquid. But its been 2 days only so...

And I have other issue with my plants too. I think I have a cal or mag deficiency. Maybe I will post pictures tomorrow and try to get help here. You can check my journal. a few pics in there.

My journal
I'll check it out. I added the equal parts and it got me in trouble the part a always seems to add more ppm per ml

Hello, been reading your grows for months now! Some crazy yelied you have got going here. I’ve got a few questions for you.

I've got 40 x 26 Litre pots and I want to run the same system as you but I don’t want to hand feed I want to automate this as much as I can. It’s in a room 11ft x 10ft with 10 lights 4 plant under 600watt light. I would run this grow from seed until I find a mother plant.

I want to set-up a dripper system I've been looking at the topspin dripper system they are 2lh spikes How many would you say per a pot?

Would your feeding schedule cause problems with the dripper clogging?

Would you advise me to have run off? How many watering per a day is more better?

I would run this system run to waste.

I’ve also been looking at the intellidose from autogrow some ££££ but maybe worth it can even top up res etc.
Please make sure you get a book out I would buy it in no time!

Big respect
Boleman

Ok for A+B feed from Canna and Advanced nutes..

First ditch Canna, they are terrible nutes!!! But if thats all you have well you will have to make do.

Always match equal parts of A+B, to find tghe PPM you want there are diff ways to do it and as you do more and more mixes you will know roughly how much it takes every time. But If you Have a bucket fill 10litres of water then add nutrient at full strength based on the bottles reccomendations and check PPM/EC. Then you can work it out. For example if at full strength its 1000ppm you then know foer 500ppm you need to add half the amount. Its always better to make it a little to strong as you can add water to bring it back into the correct range. You def dont want to add more nutes to make stronger. Also once you PPM/EC is set you dont want to messs about with additives, they need to be precise. when you are starting out its best to have a bucket to make a practice mix of 10litres, if you get it right those nutes can be used , if you get it wrong iuts not expensive to try again. ?You will def need to use calmag with canna base nutes and always add calmag before base nutes.

The same rule applies for Advanced nutes but instead of A+B. its equal parts micro grow bloom, in that order! Very important. With Advanced nutes 3 part you can have diff ratios but you really need to know your craft and to be honest i have always had best results using equal measurements of micro grow bloom.

Hello, been reading your grows for months now! Some crazy yelied you have got going here. I’ve got a few questions for you.

I've got 40 x 26 Litre pots and I want to run the same system as you but I don’t want to hand feed I want to automate this as much as I can. It’s in a room 11ft x 10ft with 10 lights 4 plant under 600watt light. I would run this grow from seed until I find a mother plant.

I want to set-up a dripper system I've been looking at the topspin dripper system they are 2lh spikes How many would you say per a pot?

Would your feeding schedule cause problems with the dripper clogging?

Would you advise me to have run off? How many watering per a day is more better?

I would run this system run to waste.

I’ve also been looking at the intellidose from autogrow some ££££ but maybe worth it can even top up res etc.
Please make sure you get a book out I would buy it in no time!

Big respect
Boleman

You have far too many plants in a space that is 11'x10' in my opinion. More plants doesnt mean more weed. In 26litre pots id work it out so it worked out around 2.5 plants per light and that will give you healthy strong plants with dense buds. You will get 500g per m2 easy this way.

I don't know what is a topspin dripper system. Ive always made my own. But you want min 2litres per day through plants and upto 6litres per plant per day in flower depending on plant size and root mass. i would feed x2 daily during lights on in veg and veg no longer than 6 weeks ever and build it up to x4 feeds in flower. you will end up with some run off so make sure the run off has somewhere to go. just split it so the drippers deliver 1 litre or so at any 1 feed. id put 2 drippers per pot or use drip rings which are better as they give even feeds and less likely to block up. When using drippers do not add great white or carboload to the res. you would need to hand feed those and also use drip clean to prevent any salt build up in the lines.

Ok for A+B feed from Canna and Advanced nutes..

First ditch Canna, they are terrible nutes!!! But if thats all you have well you will have to make do.

Always match equal parts of A+B, to find tghe PPM you want there are diff ways to do it and as you do more and more mixes you will know roughly how much it takes every time. But If you Have a bucket fill 10litres of water then add nutrient at full strength based on the bottles reccomendations and check PPM/EC. Then you can work it out. For example if at full strength its 1000ppm you then know foer 500ppm you need to add half the amount. Its always better to make it a little to strong as you can add water to bring it back into the correct range. You def dont want to add more nutes to make stronger. Also once you PPM/EC is set you dont want to messs about with additives, they need to be precise. when you are starting out its best to have a bucket to make a practice mix of 10litres, if you get it right those nutes can be used , if you get it wrong iuts not expensive to try again. ?You will def need to use calmag with canna base nutes and always add calmag before base nutes.

The same rule applies for Advanced nutes but instead of A+B. its equal parts micro grow bloom, in that order! Very important. With Advanced nutes 3 part you can have diff ratios but you really need to know your craft and to be honest i have always had best results using equal measurements of micro grow bloom.

You have far too many plants in a space that is 11'x10' in my opinion. More plants doesnt mean more weed. In 26litre pots id work it out so it worked out around 2.5 plants per light and that will give you healthy strong plants with dense buds. You will get 500g per m2 easy this way.

I don't know what is a topspin dripper system. Ive always made my own. But you want min 2litres per day through plants and upto 6litres per plant per day in flower depending on plant size and root mass. i would feed x2 daily during lights on in veg and veg no longer than 6 weeks ever and build it up to x4 feeds in flower. you will end up with some run off so make sure the run off has somewhere to go. just split it so the drippers deliver 1 litre or so at any 1 feed. id put 2 drippers per pot or use drip rings which are better as they give even feeds and less likely to block up. When using drippers do not add great white or carboload to the res. you would need to hand feed those and also use drip clean to prevent any salt build up in the lines.

6 Week VEG from seed will fill that space out yeah with just 25?

Also i see you bend your plants, Do you know where a guide is to learn this or have you posted this method as I can't seem to find it.

Another way I was thinking was how racker another grower has done and that is flood the whole floor If you google Racker on coco, But i always thought you couldn't bottom feed coco.

I have pages and pages of growing and training plants in coco. My journals are in my signature and most recent is at the top. 6 weeks is a LONG veg time in coco for growing indoors. if you are feeding correctly and have good light, loads airflow and good temps the plants would be a good size in 6 weeks. more plants doesant equal more weed always. what matters is that you fill the space you have correctly. The 2 absolute most important things arew light and fresh air.

You can absiolutely bottom feed with coco. By the sound of it you are brand new to growing. I recommend doing a couple small grows first to gety experience or you could end up wasting loads time and money growing top your ambition and above your ability, i say that because ive seen it so many times and ruined crops.

Good luck.

Good afternoon Cultivator and Fellow 420'ers. I have been reading this post for last year or more and keep coming back to it all the time for information. So thank you Cultivator for sharing your knowledge with growing with coco. You should seriously write a book, which I believe would be the first one ever for coco growing. You would make a mint.

My question is this. When I water I am doing 2 waters/day with a Liter/plant in a 5 gallon cloth pot. My run off is about 1/2 of what I put in more or less. I got wondering today if it would be possible to use that water again for a couple more waters during the day and then toss it out at the end of the day? I tested the water which the PH is 6.5. What went in is 5.5 and the PPM is about 1500. What went in is 1200. I really hate tossing the water out if I dont have too. So thought I would ask. Or if you have a better way of watering please feel free to offer. Maybe I should cut down on how much I use. My plants look great and I usually don't have issues, knock on wood.

The other question is I want to get away from Canna Nutes and I'm looking at Cyco Nuit line. Atm I have a good regime for veg. But would like to get something better for flowering. I was thinking Adv.Nuits but... I'm not sure about them, I know they get great reviews. I don't have access to Buddha's any thoughts would be great.

Good afternoon Cultivator and Fellow 420'ers. I have been reading this post for last year or more and keep coming back to it all the time for information. So thank you Cultivator for sharing your knowledge with growing with coco. You should seriously write a book, which I believe would be the first one ever for coco growing. You would make a mint.

My question is this. When I water I am doing 2 waters/day with a Liter/plant in a 5 gallon cloth pot. My run off is about 1/2 of what I put in more or less. I got wondering today if it would be possible to use that water again for a couple more waters during the day and then toss it out at the end of the day? I tested the water which the PH is 6.5. What went in is 5.5 and the PPM is about 1500. What went in is 1200. I really hate tossing the water out if I dont have too. So thought I would ask. Or if you have a better way of watering please feel free to offer. Maybe I should cut down on how much I use. My plants look great and I usually don't have issues, knock on wood.

The other question is I want to get away from Canna Nutes and I'm looking at Cyco Nuit line. Atm I have a good regime for veg. But would like to get something better for flowering. I was thinking Adv.Nuits but... I'm not sure about them, I know they get great reviews. I don't have access to Buddha's any thoughts would be great.

Welcome mate

Im pleased that you have enjoyed my thread and taken something from it. i am busy writing a book now, it's much harder than i thought it would be as i decided to do it like an encyclopedia of growing covering everything. But now i realise why no one has done it. My expertise is growing in coco and i am a skilled hydro grower in general but even discussing the various methods to grow hydroponically is so much variables and then when soil comes into it the work load becomes huge. Im thinking of doing only Coco coir book then a pure hydro book, even though coco is hydro most people see it as a type of growing between coco and hydro. Anyway i'm working ion it.

if you are feeding twice daily you want a little run off and make sure there are no dry spots in the coco. I personally wouldnt, put the run off back through as you will start to get salt build up. If you want to reuse go for flood and drain but to be honest they all use about the same ampunt of water.

Ditch Canna if you can. Avanced is good but really expensive and can be confusing with all their nutes and additives. Remember, light and fresh air are what give great buds, always invest money in that area before nutrients. Is Ionic available where you are? Its cheap, simple and works.

Back
Top Bottom