How to grow in Coco: Feed schedule

Hi cultivator I'd like to ask you a question if that's ok? Your theory on allowing the plants to become a little rootbound in flower to allow for easier feeding and watering, does that also apply to soil? My plants are nearly rootbound and due to be uppotted before going to flower but after reading your theories on flowering and budding not being diminished by a rootbound container I'm wondering if In fact that may be the way to go for me in soil? Would it work out or would I get ph issues and sign of deficiencies and most importantly will the buds still form as densely and heavily as they would in a pot with more root space left? Any feedback is appreciated.
the problem with soil is that its difficult to feed/water daily without over saturating the medium. im by no means an expert in soil growing but id probs be on the cautious side for rootound plants in soil. in hydro its no problem because of the ability to multifeed without over saturating the roots.

the truth is i dont know. I havrnt grown in soil for years, i dont like it.

Hi cult,

How do you prepare your mother plant for cloning? Is it necessary to flush for a few days first?
What's​ the solution made up of until they root?

Thanks man
Have to say the plants are looking great following your schedule
I just give water for a couple days before taking cuts. to be honest healthy cuts will root no matter what you do. the key is to allow the mother to recover fully between cuts.

i like to give some supervit immediately after taking clones. you could also use superthrive and or a seaweed extract.

Sorry Cultivator but I've got another query! My ph digital meter died so I replaced the batteries but don't trust the answers it's giving me. I've started using AN pH perfect (as per your advice) and ordinarily my tap water is 6.6-7.2. Then I usually have to take it down from 6.8 to 5.8 post nute added. But I'm not familiar with this AN nute situation. Do you usually have to lower your ph with AN 3 part nutes? I know it reckons no need but I recall you mentioned ph adjusting regardless. So should I rush out to replace my ph pen? Probably difficult in this one horse town! And online ordering could take a fortnight minimum. Suggestions? Thanks for sharing your expertise. You're a really good guy to help me out like you do. Respect.

well the ph perfect is supposed to be exactly that but i always adjust my ph regardless. you will need to order a new pen but all you can do in mean time is try without ph'ing. id do that rather than add ph down and just guess how much to add. then when your pen comes give a feed to 20% run off with ph adjusted nutes and that will correct the ph of the coco.

Sorry Cultivator but I've got another query! My ph digital meter died so I replaced the batteries but don't trust the answers it's giving me. I've started using AN pH perfect (as per your advice) and ordinarily my tap water is 6.6-7.2. Then I usually have to take it down from 6.8 to 5.8 post nute added. But I'm not familiar with this AN nute situation. Do you usually have to lower your ph with AN 3 part nutes? I know it reckons no need but I recall you mentioned ph adjusting regardless. So should I rush out to replace my ph pen? Probably difficult in this one horse town! And online ordering could take a fortnight minimum. Suggestions? Thanks for sharing your expertise. You're a really good guy to help me out like you do. Respect.

Buy some ph calibration solution while your at it, all meters should be calibrated once a week or so. .

the problem with soil is that its difficult to feed/water daily without over saturating the medium. im by no means an expert in soil growing but id probs be on the cautious side for rootound plants in soil. in hydro its no problem because of the ability to multifeed without over saturating the roots.

the truth is i dont know. I havrnt grown in soil for years, i dont like it.

Ok thanks. I think I'm gonna grow in coco next time out so it's good to learn these coco tips anyway. Appreciate your response .

Hey cult!! Been awhile since i posted on your thread but read every journal you have and have to thank you!! Cause of you i decided to go with coco even after buying a ebb n flo set up and must say i have been very greatful i did. My two girls listening to you have been great and m at the point of flush and cure. How long should i flush my plants in coco on week seven of a predicted 10 week strain. How long and how do i flush? And how do you dry and cure your buds? I know u are a high end cash cropper and i want to know what is the best quickest way to cure with perfect taste and bag appeal. Thanks and hooe to hear back soon. You are very much a gift to the community. M still waiting for you to give led a go again. I seen it didnt end well the last journal when u tried to use them. Have you thought about cobs yet or cmh lights? I am very much like you though why try something different if what you use isnt broke!! Hope to heat back soon!!

Give them plain water for 7-10days, if they been on really heavy feeds make it 14 days. but 7 days normally is good.

for drying i like to hang the whole plant and dry trim. you end up witj a better end product for sure.

im still growing with LED 1000w draw panels but just dont have time to document journals. The panels are good but i get best results using HPS so i wont be buying any more LED.

:thumb::Namaste:
Buy some ph calibration solution while your at it, all meters should be calibrated once a week or so. .

Thanks Suntana. I've read people mentioning calibrating their digital pens but never knew what they used to do it!. So I appreciate the advice. Respect.:Namaste:

Has anyone had a plant looking like this poor thing?
IMG_039052.JPG

This one started getting yellowish and skinny, spindly, cupping new leaves. The two things I'd changed were; a new tent with a new 600W cool tube HPS. And changed to AN pH Perfect Grow, Micro, Bloom. ppm - 750.
Now nearly all my plants have stopped growing - even the ones under the old LED's. And they're looking a bit droopy today.
IMG_037349.JPG

That's one.
I want to flip to 12/12 but not in this shape.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. After the break-in, a few eBay ordering screw-ups, now this...I'm feeling a bit defeated tbh!

Hey Cult,

Great thread very informative. Is there anything you can recommend to keep the coco material from going through the drain pipes on an IWS flood and drain pot system ? I only realised after seeing the fibres floating around in the brain bucket. Worried they will clog up the pump or floats.

Hi Cult. Thanks so much for this thread. Learned a bunch.

But I was just wondering about something. The way you water. I guess I saw one of your pics where you do that drip irrigation type thing you can buy from Lowe's Hardware store? How does dripping into coco work? I mean, you are just dripping on the same spot over and over again so slowly, won't the rest of the coco get dry? I always thought I had to water by hand like so fast so I can see for myself all the water drain down evenly.

Or is that a old wife's tale?

Hi cult, u mind talking a look at these:
EC is 1.4
PH 5.8
Could the problem be a pH issue as I discovered my partner has been pouring the runof back into the pot, which don't seem a good idea.
420-magazine-mobile349245928.jpg
420-magazine-mobile956974517.jpg
420-magazine-mobile594430318.jpg

Thanks

Sorry Cult but I too have a query; I'm flipping my veg plants (even though they're still not fully recovered from whatever ailment made them stop growing) possibly tonight (turning off lights) Wondering if your recommended first flower feed is for the very 1st day after first lights off or for the feed preceding first lights off? And one more; I have an exhaust fan ducted to an HPS sucking the hot air out of tent and an exhaust just sucking general hot air out from the top of tent. Should I leave the 2nd exhaust on during lights out? And the pedestal fan? The room the tent is in might get down to 12 degrees Celsius overnight. So I heat the room? I've been air-con'ing the room during the day so the tents been mid 70's Fahrenheit cos otherwise the 2HPS 600w's make the tent well over 80degrees F and RH 70-80%
Thanks so much, Cult. Respect.

Sorry Cult but I too have a query; I'm flipping my veg plants (even though they're still not fully recovered from whatever ailment made them stop growing) possibly tonight. I intend to do a proper flush tomorrow because I have realised that although the last one helped, I didn't use nearly enough water.
My question? I've got 2 exhaust fans, one ducted to a HPS and the other just sucking warm air out of the top of the tent..should I leave both, one or no exhaust fans running during their sleep phase? And the fans?
I'm following your flowering nute schedule (but am waiting for Root Excelurator & Voodoo Juice to arrive)
Thanks Cult.

Back
Top Bottom