How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

I use Isopropyl Alcohol 99.9 % food grade. We don't have everclear over here. We can get Spirytus but at £35 for 1/2 litre you can see why we don't use it.

I've never had any issues nor has anyone who I've helped with oil in the passed. None that we are aware of anyway.

Interesting reading about, seemingly, a preference to not use isopropyl liqueur, or as some unsophisticateds call it, isopropyl alcohol. I am surmising that it is all about purity, naturalness and all that complicated important stuff,, might I be correct?

Isopropyl liquer is one of the most inexpensive liquers in the liqour or drug store, which is possibly an advantage, or does the impurities contained within the iso, if there are any, does that particular disadvantage outweigh the potential advantages, eh?

Ive been putin me oil in me so as not to trump the benefits, not hillaryous, I know, but i heard that was best when I was in Obama beach, Nebraska, in the army barraks

ISO is cheap alcohol with a poisonous additive added at the request of the USA government to keep people from drinking it.

IMO, It is wise to avoid ingesting manufactured poisons

ISO is cheap alcohol with a poisonous additive added at the request of the USA government to keep people from drinking it.

IMO, It is wise to avoid ingesting manufactured poisons

You see nivek, we have a crazy federal government intent on "protecting" us from ourselves. Our ISO is dangerous to your health.

Well then, thank you all so much for the responses,, certainly a bunch to think about there. I would imagine Canadian isopropyl alcohol is similarly treated, poisoned,, tho further research does stat the stuff as being " relatively non toxic". Thats kinda funny actually

I suppose the fantastical qualities of cannabis oil would instantly nullify and overpower the poor feeble toxins in there, rendering them inert,, i am sure that happens,,, aren't I? Doesn't it?

Ok then,, my quest has apparently only just begun,, here I was taking my boots off already

I see there is a new sponsor on here selling some kind of oil extraction liquid, so there is obviously a demand

Another thot and q iffin I might,, i notice some liquid, water type liquid, left in the alcohol oil mixture as I boil it down,, last batch had a ton, not noticeable till right near the end,, i decarbed and baked that bud for a long time, pretty sure the moisture did not come from there, so, could it have come from the alcohol?

Thanks again friends, so very much appreciated, and so very useful,, cheers to y'all

Well then, thank you all so much for the responses,, certainly a bunch to think about there. I would imagine Canadian isopropyl alcohol is similarly treated, poisoned,, tho further research does stat the stuff as being " relatively non toxic". Thats kinda funny actually

I suppose the fantastical qualities of cannabis oil would instantly nullify and overpower the poor feeble toxins in there, rendering them inert,, i am sure that happens,,, aren't I? Doesn't it?

Ok then,, my quest has apparently only just begun,, here I was taking my boots off already

I see there is a new sponsor on here selling some kind of oil extraction liquid, so there is obviously a demand

Another thot and q iffin I might,, i notice some liquid, water type liquid, left in the alcohol oil mixture as I boil it down,, last batch had a ton, not noticeable till right near the end,, i decarbed and baked that bud for a long time, pretty sure the moisture did not come from there, so, could it have come from the alcohol?

Thanks again friends, so very much appreciated, and so very useful,, cheers to y'all

I'd think that water would be from the alcohol nivek.

Best tutorial I have read, thank you so much. I'm still a little confused on what alternative to use besides alcohol? Easy to follow and the pictures helped tremendously��

You want to use an ethanol alcohol. ISO is doctored in the U.S. and isn't safe for human consumption. An ethanol alcohol, preferably 95%, will be most efficient in stripping the trichomes from the plant material. You can use lower alcohol concentrations, but the closer to pure you can get the better your extraction will be. Done properly almost every bit of the ethanol is evaporated off, leaving pure CCO.

Was that answer helpful Middleleaf? Welcome to the forum, by the way. If there's anything we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask.

took 3 drops of RSO made from Northern Lights about one hour before bed time. Pain level dropped from 10 to about 2 or three and let me get to sleep in my Recliner. Slept between six and eight hours. During the day I took two drops every six hours and that kept the pain down so I could function at home. Hope that helps. The amount some one takes would depend on height and weight. Listen to the other more experienced forum members, they have tons of great ideas to help us all.

took 3 drops of RSO made from Northern Lights about one hour before bed time. Pain level dropped from 10 to about 2 or three and let me get to sleep in my Recliner. Slept between six and eight hours. During the day I took two drops every six hours and that kept the pain down so I could function at home. Hope that helps. The amount some one takes would depend on height and weight. Listen to the other more experienced forum members, they have tons of great ideas to help us all.

So glad to hear this Joe. :hug: Keep it up. Your body appreciates the time to recharge and rebuild. Sleep well. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Just wanted to post an update on my progress. I ran two batches of the RSO using 95% ethanol as the solvent and did a simple distillation to try and recover the solvent. Seems to work well but it takes about 6 hrs to recover the solvent. I tried the cold wash to try and minimize the chlorophyll but it still has a pretty funky taste. Very effective at helping manage my pain but I wanted to try and find a better method of administration and storage.
I had read about using coconut oil as a possible carrier and I decided to try it. Steeped about 40g of flower in 250ml of oil and then decarbed. I was able to get OO gel capsules and add ~1cc to each capsule. the biggest advantage is that the oil solidifies at room temp and no funky taste. I take 2 caps every 8hrs and it has been very beneficial.

Just wanted to post an update on my progress. I ran two batches of the RSO using 95% ethanol as the solvent and did a simple distillation to try and recover the solvent. Seems to work well but it takes about 6 hrs to recover the solvent. I tried the cold wash to try and minimize the chlorophyll but it still has a pretty funky taste. Very effective at helping manage my pain but I wanted to try and find a better method of administration and storage.
I had read about using coconut oil as a possible carrier and I decided to try it. Steeped about 40g of flower in 250ml of oil and then decarbed. I was able to get OO gel capsules and add ~1cc to each capsule. the biggest advantage is that the oil solidifies at room temp and no funky taste. I take 2 caps every 8hrs and it has been very beneficial.

Glad to hear it's working for you. That's a nice dose, almost 5 grams of cannabis per ounce of oil. May I ask, how long you steeped it and what method and timing you used to decarb?

I personally love the smells of the cannabis-infused coconut oil and I've found every one I've made flavorful. Capsules do make life an easier path.

Sue, I used the rice cooker and allowed it to bring the mixture up to 250degF and then filtered the plant matter out of the oil. I keep the batch in the fridge to store it and it is much more convenient for me.

Sue, I used the rice cooker and allowed it to bring the mixture up to 250degF and then filtered the plant matter out of the oil. I keep the batch in the fridge to store it and it is much more convenient for me.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm still interested in how long you steeped the buds in the oil before decarbing. One of my favorite techniques, in fact one I'm doing right now, is cannabis and carrier oil in a jar with a lid, baked on the lowest setting of the oven for 24-36 hours, agitating with regularity. Makes the sweetest, most fragrant oils you could imagine.

I keep my oils in the fridge too, as well as the capsules. I know we consume them more quickly than they'd probably go rancid, but I don't want to take any chances. The crisper drawer of my fridge has jars of oils and capsules. No room for food in there anymore. :laughtwo:

Hi...I am a newbie and I have been reading thur this thread with great interest...(I've gotten thur to page 75 so far).

I have a few questions that i hope someone could help and guide me. I'm interested in making CCO and using it as medical treatment, especially as it pertains to the tx of Lyme. I'm still in a state where it is illegal but managed to obtain a few seeds and I ended up with two huge females (11feet tall...lol) behind my barn. Planted outside the first week of june...cut out two males just as they were with pollen sacs on the 1st week of sept and cut the two females down (With an axe...timberrrr) on Oct 1st. It was hard to decide when to harvest as the flowers were in all stages of development but most flowers clusters have a number of hollow and green seeds. SO..that is my first question...when to harvest on a plant with a range of development??

Next ? is ....I took the plants a hung them in the 2nd story of my barn and over the course of the next few weeks I trim them down.... remove the fan leaves but unsure about the small leaves around the flowers?? leave them or trim everything?

I have recently put a few flower clusters in a pipe and smoked them....inhaling at least 4-5 times (it was quite smooth as i thought i would cough) but was surprised that i didn't feel anything that i was aware of. Now... it has been probably 40yrs since i last smoked weed and i always remembering getting nervous and paranoid...but not last nite.......so my question is this stuff just worthless and am i wasting my efforts on making CCO with it?? Is it just low on THC because of late harvesting? (I'm thinking its a sativa due to its size which should have high THC...right?)

Any input would be appreciated.....thank you....great web site!

My guess is that they are hermaphrodites . I would still try and extract the oil from them, and then try it to see where the buzz lands you. Once it is concentrated it may be decent enough to treat some minor aches & pain, insomnia etc.. my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom