How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

There you are. :love: :hug: :love:

You're so sweet to check in every now and then. It puts the mind a little at ease. Be well and keep healing. Isn't it wonderful to be alive? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey WJ!!!! How you feeling these days?:circle-of-love::peace:

I am hanging in there Supergroomer. How is life going for you? I finally started a Bubble Gum Auto. Got about three weeks left to finish. That sure makes the mind feel nice. ;)

There you are. :love: :hug: :love:

You're so sweet to check in every now and then. It puts the mind a little at ease. Be well and keep healing. Isn't it wonderful to be alive? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Wonderful to be alive for sure. Hope you are doing well. I see you are going to get some rain, hope it doesn't flood you out. :love:

WJ
:ciao:

:circle-of-love:

I am hanging in there Supergroomer. How is life going for you? I finally started a Bubble Gum Auto. Got about three weeks left to finish. That sure makes the mind feel nice. ;)

Wonderful to be alive for sure. Hope you are doing well. I see you are going to get some rain, hope it doesn't flood you out. :love:

WJ
:ciao:

:circle-of-love:

I turned to look out the window. :laughtwo: Thanks for the warning Jim. I get so lost in study I forget to pay attention to things like the weather. I'm thrilled to hear you have a plant nearing harvest. The best therapy we could have hoped for. :high-five:

I agree that the finished product should be kept in the referigerator if as he says he uses a little Olive Oil in the pan to absorb
the rest of the Hemp Oil after it is cooked off. Olive Oil has a shelf life and will go rancid if kept too long.
As far as the Decarb process, I personally have found that the RSO method does the Decarb process nicely, so I do not Decarb before hand anymore.
I realize there are various ways to make the Hemp Oil Extract and what ever works is good.
As far as using the leaves also in the process. If the leaves are the small one's and have a frosty appearance to them, then I would use
them also, or you could use the trim/small leaves for edibles if you like. Good job

I'm trying to do some research on making/using cco. I was introduced to using mmj to help me with my pain management. A hi speed encounter with Bambi on my bike left me pretty smashed up and missing my rt leg. I had been on 90mg of methadone along with up to 32mg of hydromorphone per day. Smoking a bowl allowed me to reduce my pain meds to 1/3 the level I had to use alone. Even did the responsible thing and informed my pain doc that I wanted to get off of the methadone and dilaudid and perhaps switch to a class III drug like codeine/tylenol. He then told me that he could not continue to prescribe narcotics because of the positive test result for thc. Really stunned me...Apparently Georgia has some really STUPID reg in place because I was told the same from two other doctors that I visited.
I'm now forced to rely solely on cco to help me cope with pain. I'm a bit scared that I won't be able to get adequate relief and will be forced to suffer(again) in a catch 22 situation. This thread has a huge amount of information and any feedback and suggestions you care to make are welcome. Thanks

I'm trying to do some research on making/using cco. I was introduced to using mmj to help me with my pain management. A hi speed encounter with Bambi on my bike left me pretty smashed up and missing my rt leg. I had been on 90mg of methadone along with up to 32mg of hydromorphone per day. Smoking a bowl allowed me to reduce my pain meds to 1/3 the level I had to use alone. Even did the responsible thing and informed my pain doc that I wanted to get off of the methadone and dilaudid and perhaps switch to a class III drug like codeine/tylenol. He then told me that he could not continue to prescribe narcotics because of the positive test result for thc. Really stunned me...Apparently Georgia has some really STUPID reg in place because I was told the same from two other doctors that I visited.
I'm now forced to rely solely on cco to help me cope with pain. I'm a bit scared that I won't be able to get adequate relief and will be forced to suffer(again) in a catch 22 situation. This thread has a huge amount of information and any feedback and suggestions you care to make are welcome. Thanks

Welcome gbauto. That's an unfortunate twist to pain management run by our insane government. I'm sorry it caught you in that trap. You're not the only one here dealing with this dilemma. Fortunately, cannabis has been proven to be more effective than most opiods for most pain management, so you should be relieved that the only real option left to you was actually the best option all along.

What do you need to know? There's a thread on using cannabis to reduce or eliminate opiods but your pain mgt. doc took them away right from the start. How are you dealing with withdrawal? Damn! Cannabis in high concentrations may be the best way through that, so give it serious consideration, if that's even necessary or an option.

We had a member here until very recently who lost a couple limbs and cannabis was a godsend for him. He was using it as a supplemental resource to the prescribed meds, but cannabis will potentiate opiods, as you discovered. They should always be taken together. I work closely with another member who has a rediculous amount of pain that he chooses to control exclusively with cannabis (he also battles with his doctor, for the same reasons :straightface: ). You'll have to experiment, but I have every confidence you'll be able to find a protocol that brings you relief.

At the bottom of my signature line there's a link to the thread on dosing guidelines. There're many references in that thread to treating different types of pain. That may be of use to you as you get all your ducks in a row.

Feel free to ask anything. The members here go out of their way to help you find good answers.

Sue, thanks for the reply. Yes, it definitely sent me for a loop. Things like this make me wonder who really came up with these rules. At this point I don't even know who to voice my displeasure towards. DEA, AMA??? doesn't really matter at this point.
I have been able to squirrel away about 200 tabs of my methadone and I'm proceeding with the detox schedule to get off of it. I have experienced severe withdrawal(had a seizure) when I couldn't get my prescription filled for 2 days-ended up in the hospital. So I;m motivated to get off the opiates-fear of the unknown is my biggest problem.
I have reviewed your threads on dosing and tacking and they really helped. I have quite a bit of loose flower from my last harvest over the summer so I'm in the process of getting all of the equipment together to make a batch.
Thanks again.

Sue, thanks for the reply. Yes, it definitely sent me for a loop. Things like this make me wonder who really came up with these rules. At this point I don't even know who to voice my displeasure towards. DEA, AMA??? doesn't really matter at this point.
I have been able to squirrel away about 200 tabs of my methadone and I'm proceeding with the detox schedule to get off of it. I have experienced severe withdrawal(had a seizure) when I couldn't get my prescription filled for 2 days-ended up in the hospital. So I;m motivated to get off the opiates-fear of the unknown is my biggest problem.
I have reviewed your threads on dosing and tacking and they really helped. I have quite a bit of loose flower from my last harvest over the summer so I'm in the process of getting all of the equipment together to make a batch.
Thanks again.

I'd appreciate you're letting me know how it goes with you. This is a particular point of interest for me. It puts so many of you at risk, and doctors are supposed to do no harm. Nothing in this practice follows those guidelines. I'm sure you're going to be ok. I'm glad to hear about the stash. Not an uncommon response, I've discovered. Good thinking on your part.

Best of luck in gaining your freedom. May it be as painless as one can hope for. :hug: :love:

I had an addiction to Tramadol which I was taking for months before my Hip Joint replacement. To get off it and lessen the withdrawal symptoms I began cutting the tramadol tabs in half with a pill cutter.
At the same time I got a prescription for Marinol and began taking it till my first harvest and batch of RSO could be made.
took me two weeks or so to get off the Tramadol.
As far as smoking to relieve your symptoms I feel that smoking is only a temporary fix for a short time. I do not smoke however I do vape and vaping seems to last longer than I think smoking it. I believe taking the RSO is the best method of pain management.
I just went through a back challenge with a pinched nerve and the pain was so bad I could not sleep in bed for three months and had to sleep in my recliner. I took three drops of RSO an hour before I went to sleep. It took my pain away to a tolerable level and allowed me to sleep.
The other people are smart and have lots of experience, so look into their suggestions like the Dosage link one person gave.

I had an addiction to Tramadol which I was taking for months before my Hip Joint replacement. To get off it and lessen the withdrawal symptoms I began cutting the tramadol tabs in half with a pill cutter.
At the same time I got a prescription for Marinol and began taking it till my first harvest and batch of RSO could be made.
took me two weeks or so to get off the Tramadol.
As far as smoking to relieve your symptoms I feel that smoking is only a temporary fix for a short time. I do not smoke however I do vape and vaping seems to last longer than I think smoking it. I believe taking the RSO is the best method of pain management.
I just went through a back challenge with a pinched nerve and the pain was so bad I could not sleep in bed for three months and had to sleep in my recliner. I took three drops of RSO an hour before I went to sleep. It took my pain away to a tolerable level and allowed me to sleep.
The other people are smart and have lots of experience, so look into their suggestions like the Dosage link one person gave.

Thanks for sharing that Joe. How many hours in advance of bedtime would you say you took those drops? If I may, can you offer some type of scale for the pain reduction you experience? Say, if you had pain at a 10 and medicated for, let's say two hours before bed, what would you put that pain level at? I realize how arbitrary pain can be, I'm just trying to get a feel for the relief you experience.

Slowly getting closer to making my first batch. One of the things I'm trying to make is a condenser adapter to allow me to recover the ethanol. I have to travel 75 miles to find a liqueur store that has over 150 proof. Safety is my biggest concern so I'm trying to be thorough. Everything is in the freezer as I type and I will extract tomorrow. Hope it goes well.

Slowly getting closer to making my first batch. One of the things I'm trying to make is a condenser adapter to allow me to recover the ethanol. I have to travel 75 miles to find a liqueur store that has over 150 proof. Safety is my biggest concern so I'm trying to be thorough. Everything is in the freezer as I type and I will extract tomorrow. Hope it goes well.

Good luck. You'll breathe easier after the first wash. You've gone over it a thousand times in your head. Be safe and enjoy the process. We'll be waiting to hear how it went.

Interesting reading about, seemingly, a preference to not use isopropyl liqueur, or as some unsophisticateds call it, isopropyl alcohol. I am surmising that it is all about purity, naturalness and all that complicated important stuff,, might I be correct?

Isopropyl liquer is one of the most inexpensive liquers in the liqour or drug store, which is possibly an advantage, or does the impurities contained within the iso, if there are any, does that particular disadvantage outweigh the potential advantages, eh?

Ive been putin me oil in me so as not to trump the benefits, not hillaryous, I know, but i heard that was best when I was in Obama beach, Nebraska, in the army barraks

My mistake, a dead thread put to bed, Makin me see red, Ted, who fed this ded thread? Oh, twas i, I said

Back
Top Bottom