How to Make Feminized Seeds With Colloidal Silver - Sponsored by Intelligent-Gro LED

Re: How to Make Feminized Seeds with Colloidal Silver - Sponsored by Intelligent-Gro

Yeah I use 25% Rice Hulls, and 75% Coco.

The Rice Hulls sort of end up on top kinda like perlite.

But it's not that they float. More like the Coco sinks down.

This batch of medium is almost a year, and a half old.

I think the Rice Hulls break down after two years.

I could change it, but it seems pretty good still.

Re: How to Make Feminized Seeds with Colloidal Silver - Sponsored by Intelligent-Gro

now that this thread has me all fired up about CS ive decided to dedicate my youngest auto ak to making some pollen....so thanks for the thread its pushed me to get on my shit and start saving money and making my own genetics:thanks::bravo::high-five:

Q?? whats the latest you can add pollen to a flowering plant for the seeds to take???

I've come to believe you could pollinate a autoflower at harvest time,

and let it run 30 days past harvest, and it will make seeds.

I've never tested that theory tho. :)

I think it will make less seeds, but would work.

oooo nice thought, you have me thinking here....maybe....

i may get the pollen from this auto ak then if my other auto ak is close to harvest or is at harvest....maybe......crop the main cola/nicest colas and leave the lowers to be pollinated and left for another 4 weeks.....maybe.....lol

if it comes down to that ill post up my findings here!!!

That would be awesome!

Be sure to get the right Colloidal Silver. :)

i can add i did this very thing and it worked autos will go on and on i left the bottom 4 branches sprayed 2 and pollinated the other 2 with reg male auto pollen and i got seed from all 4 branches 6 weeks later i had to save tthe cream caramel :rocker:

Hey Toker Happy Tokerday man Hows the seeds comin along?
I might bypass amazon for now r un to gnc for 30ppm cs 8 oz just to get started

CS should be here today.:thumb: Going to get the tent all set up.
I have a few ?'s tho.
Can I spray 2 different strain's at the same time in the same area,and collect pollen from both,without them effecting one another?
Can I pollinate 2 different strain's and seed them out in the same area? and probably in here some where but what kind of wait time am I looking at after the first time spraying to collecting pollen?How long can I expect to wait for seed's after pollen is applied to the selected female?
Thank's J6K

Edit...I am doing photo's ,not auto's

Hey Toker Happy Tokerday man Hows the seeds comin along?
I might bypass amazon for now r un to gnc for 30ppm cs 8 oz just to get started

The 30 PPM has failed users sometimes. I'm not sure why.
Maybe expired product.
The only one I'm sure of is the brand I use.
Were working on something ourselves to ensure a fresh, and quality product.

CS should be here today.:thumb: Going to get the tent all set up.
I have a few ?'s tho.
Can I spray 2 different strain's at the same time in the same area,and collect pollen from both,without them effecting one another?
Can I pollinate 2 different strain's and seed them out in the same area? and probably in here some where but what kind of wait time am I looking at after the first time spraying to collecting pollen?How long can I expect to wait for seed's after pollen is applied to the selected female?
Thank's J6K

Edit...I am doing photo's ,not auto's

Yeah that's why my project is going to take months.

I'm doing one strain at a time.

To ensure no cross contamination of pollen.

I also wait 30 days in between pollinations.

To let the air clear I do one project at a time.

BID does multi projects tho, so maybe he's got some good ideas!

i can add i did this very thing and it worked autos will go on and on i left the bottom 4 branches sprayed 2 and pollinated the other 2 with reg male auto pollen and i got seed from all 4 branches 6 weeks later i had to save tthe cream caramel :rocker:

AAAWWEESOME!!

so to be sure im clear with what you did... 2 branches were fully budded out and you then went on to spray them with CS and you got seeds instead of waiting for the pollen then dusitng with it?!?!?!?!

and obviously the other 2 you dusted with actual pollen so thats a no brainer...

Thanks for the clearification BID:bravo:

The 30 PPM has failed users sometimes. I'm not sure why.
Maybe expired product.
The only one I'm sure of is the brand I use.
Were working on something ourselves to ensure a fresh, and quality product.

Yeah that's why my project is going to take months.

I'm doing one strain at a time.

To ensure no cross contamination of pollen.

I also wait 30 days in between pollinations.

To let the air clear I do one project at a time.

BID does multi projects tho, so maybe he's got some good ideas!

Toker',you mean it could be floating around for 30 day's after?
I plan on doing this in a tent in my bedroom.(upstair's).
My grow is down stair's in the basement.
Does this seem a bit risky or should I be ok.:thumb:

Toker',you mean it could be floating around for 30 day's after?
I plan on doing this in a tent in my bedroom.(upstair's).
My grow is down stair's in the basement.
Does this seem a bit risky or should I be ok.:thumb:

Seems good.

I'd make it my last stop of the day.

Or take a shower, and have clean clothes ready as you step out.

Pollen can travel with you. On your shoes, in your hair, on your hands, etc.

Make sure you're aware of that.

Also that plant only has to release pollen a few days.

Once it starts collect, pollinate, and store some, and then destroy it.

Don't let it hang out for weeks releasing pollen.

Are you venting through a carbon filter?

That should remove all the pollen.

If not you might wanna try somewhere else.

I heard many growers say airborne pollen is dead, and clear in two weeks.

I would say a good one, or a good DIY one maybe. :)

one thing that i find helps a great deal in multiple pollen application is to do one wait 2-3 hours them mist the plant and area with water (it neutralizes pollen) then after it dries you can do the next, using a designated pollination area helps,also making shields with cardboard ,plastic bags,anything to keep the pollen off the unintended branches till you spray, a hepa filter will work they are designed to catch pollen,another method is to enclose the branch you want in a plastic bag full of the pollen you want to use and give it a shake after let it sit 2 hours to overnight, but the reaction of the pollen with pistils is very quick in nature our ladies dont have time for romance! :rocker:
i hope that helps a little

Back
Top Bottom