How to use trim leaves for tincture? Thanks

WOW...So no one knows..Hmmm......... Or maybe this is not the right area to be asking, but should be ok there?? whats up?

Hey Hogs, I meant to reply earlier but I was way to busy. How ever I'm here for you brother.

Yes dry the trim well. Then you'll want to grin it up, not to powder but nice an fine. To make the tincture you soak the trim in a high proof grain alcohol for a period of about three weeks.Just enough to cover the trim, maybe slightly more. Make sure to shake once or twice a day and store in a dark place. some place where the temp is fairly constant. Not to cool or too hot. After about three week to a month strain through a cheese cloth/strainer back into the jar. Leave lid of in a well ventilated area for about 24 hours or till its about a 1/3 evaporated. now store in the same place as before and use as need.

Hope this helps..

ItsChrome....Thanks pal.. Great info...

I`m kind of new to growing...How does one Dry the trim leaves? Right now I just have it spread out on top of some brown paper on top of a table...Its starting to dry snd curl up, IS this all that is needed?? after that just grind it up and go at it?

I thought i read after grinding it up, about having to put into the Oven for like 5 to 8 mins. at 325 degs. to change the ThcA or something to THC.. Which happeneds when one smokes, bakes, or VAperize....

IS this needed to do when making Tincture?

I guess not needed when making butter as making the butter heats the leaves up etc? I`m somewhat Confused on this method, but mostly on How to Dry trim leaves, Can`t hang it like Buds and not sure just when its dry enough on however to dry it? Thanks

I would just leave them as they are in the bag they will be dry in around 4--5 days just give them a stir every day , I would not stick them in the oven IMO.

I would just leave them as they are in the bag they will be dry in around 4--5 days just give them a stir every day , I would not stick them in the oven IMO.

Thats great advice relax and all will be ok. Sometimes in our haste to help or do the right thing we over do it.

+Rep good question

So..For making tincture I don`t have to Heat the Leaves...Just dry them throw the Alchol in and skake rattle and roll leave for 30 days or so>>> Had thought when making tincture one has to Oven the leaves to like 325 degs for 5 to 7 mins. to make the THCA turn to just THC ?? anyone?

So..For making tincture I don`t have to Heat the Leaves...Just dry them throw the Alchol in and skake rattle and roll leave for 30 days or so>>> Had thought when making tincture one has to Oven the leaves to like 325 degs for 5 to 7 mins. to make the THCA turn to just THC ?? anyone?

the alcohol will dissolve both the THCa and CBDs into the tincture, but since THCa is inactive. the CBDs will have and effect but no THC high. you would need to heat to plant matter to 325f for the THCa to turn into THC. then put that into your alcohol for some time and drink and be merry.

So..IS not 325 degs to hot too..I wd. like to get the most out of the Tinture so heat the leaves in an oven to what temp 225 maybe or less or ?? Thanks guys

Hey Hogs, I meant to reply earlier but I was way to busy. How ever I'm here for you brother.

Yes dry the trim well. Then you'll want to grin it up, not to powder but nice an fine. To make the tincture you soak the trim in a high proof grain alcohol for a period of about three weeks.Just enough to cover the trim, maybe slightly more. Make sure to shake once or twice a day and store in a dark place. some place where the temp is fairly constant. Not to cool or too hot. After about three week to a month strain through a cheese cloth/strainer back into the jar. Leave lid of in a well ventilated area for about 24 hours or till its about a 1/3 evaporated. now store in the same place as before and use as need.

Hope this helps..
Why would you leave the lid open to evaporate? can't just use it right away after straining?

Welcome to the site @MackGuayabera

You are correct in assuming that the tincture is usable after the wash. (Don't forget to decarb the trim/bud previous to wash)

The recommendation of leaving the lid off is to allow the alcohol to evaporate, effectively concentrating the tincture even more.

The member also mentioned in a "well ventilated" area. Alcohol fumes can and will create an explosive environment. It is not recommended to do this step indoors, as our lights and furnaces (appliances) are not intrinsically safe. They could cause a spark or ignition source.

Also, this is an old thread. At the bottom of our searches, there are what we refer to as "related threads" and these are not always current. It still gets me from time to time.

Again, welcome to the site. It's a pleasure to have you.

Hope this helps..

Hey captain if you look in top left corner of posts it has the date.
The member to thanked hasn't been here since 2016.
Go to introduce yourself you can meet everyone there.

Stay safe
Bill

It kinda depends on what you want out of your tincture. Its a generic name.

If you want a shatter like quality, you do a quick wash with high proof grain alcohol on decarboxylated material (or you decarb when you remove the alcohol)
If you want as much of the other compounds in there as well in your product, you do a slow wash or even multi-day extraction with high proof grain alcohol on decarbed material, or as above do that during alcohol removal.

If you do longer soaks, you might want to remove fats and lipids afterwards in a freezer.

Search QWISO and change out ISO for grain alcohol basically.

edit: just figured this was old, never mind :)

I've repeatedly heard that the oven should be at 240 degrees F for 1 hour.
240 F is too high. Much of the terpenes and cannabinoids start evaporating at 205F. So i would go at 200-205 for 1 hour. That's what I usually do

Back
Top Bottom