I found mold in my bud: Please help!

Check out the thread on Bud Washing of the harvest before drying it
Thanks I will be doing this..if she makes it :(

Its only my fourth plant I've grown, I really don't want to chop her but I am getting paranoid that the mold is everywhere even though I don't see it..

I would appreciate more input on whether I should be keeping her around. I don't see any obvious signs of mold anymore. I would really like to keep her if she isn't going to kill me! Lol

I checked her RH at lights off, and I saw 61% and I was able to get it down to 50% with lights on. Going to see if I can afford another intake fan rather than just an exhaust.

After reading more, and knowing the smell is still a bit off. I searched my other large fantastic cola... And I found more mold. I am devastated... I yelled f*ck so many times..Ugh.. I can't even...

I guess I'll let her grow another week and if the smell sticks around I'm burning this b*tch. The new mold I found was on the side facing the other mold I found.. so crossing my fingers and toes that it didn't spread. But I ain't holding my breath, that's for sure.

She was so big.. and thick.. I'm going to go cry now.

two best things to prevent mold is more air movement in the tent and a good extractor fan exhausting to outdoor.

if you just exhaust to outside the tent in the same room the tent is in, then all you are doing is recirculating all the moisture, mold spores, and heat, back in and out of the tent. you need to get rid of the bad stuff, which means dumping the bad air outdoor with a good exhaust fan, and letting the tent take in good air.

i would do that before de-humidifiers etc

I use inlet fan for exactly what bluter said I have exhaust fan coming out in same room but i pull air from a different room so don't end up coming back in the tent my humidity was stuck at around 35% that was using 4inch inlet and a 5inch outlet

two best things to prevent mold is more air movement in the tent and a good extractor fan exhausting to outdoor.

if you just exhaust to outside the tent in the same room the tent is in, then all you are doing is recirculating all the moisture, mold spores, and heat, back in and out of the tent. you need to get rid of the bad stuff, which means dumping the bad air outdoor with a good exhaust fan, and letting the tent take in good air.

i would do that before de-humidifiers etc
Thanks for the ideas! That should be decently easy for me as there is a window near by. I never considered that I was recirculating the air.. not 100% as there is an open door to the room the tent is in but definitely enough to make a difference I assume.

She was so big.. and thick.. I'm going to go cry now.

so sorry. :(

i know it sucks. it might not help but everyone gets wiped out once in a while. it's all part of the learning curve.
after a bit you get it all figured out. and then you just keep going better and better.

so sorry. :(

i know it sucks. it might not help but everyone gets wiped out once in a while. it's all part of the learning curve.
after a bit you get it all figured out. and then you just keep going better and better.

Much appreciated and I am definitely in that learning curve! I will salvage what I can and keep on keepin on.

It happens to the best of us brother chin up we all have crossed passed with that mold it sucks bad but I’m sure you will get it all sorted out

I may have been a little hasty but I did the deed and cut the cola. I would rather toss that then the whole plant. I can't see my humidity going up at night since I leave my fan on. If anything, it may get a bit cooler..would the warm/cold cycle have an affect?

How can I make sure I never need to do this again?!? I feel like a monster!

PXL_20211101_155537744.jpg
Spray your VEG plants with wetable sulfur. IF you grow outdoors its a crap shoot with weather.

Find so strains that are mold resistant. There are some out there. RH needs to be below 70% in flower. If its getting up higher than that at lights out there's a problem.

Be sure your environment is clean too! Mold spores come from somewhere - usually its the grower bringing them in. Why I dont touch my flowers.

We had a lot of mold this year outside. The only thing to do is cut that out and prey.

Your flowers look great - sorry about the mold.

I had issues with bud rot in an outside polytunnel grow. I defoliated to allow more air movement and found this spray in a local garden centre. I amputated the rot/buds and sprayed. It kept the mould at bay. Then washed the trimmed buds with H2O2 lemon juice and bicarbonate of soda. Its all about damage limitations.
Good luck mate.

Screenshot_20211106-132828_Chrome.jpg

For flowering you probably want to reduce your rh if possible, get it to maybe 50ish - yes that rh will/can rise at night without the warmth of the lights on.

You said you have a fan, but you didn't mention if there is outside air exchange happening? That might help if you can rig it.

Also, you can peek in at your plants even at lights off, just don't do it for very long, and do your best to avoid enough light hitting the leaves directly as to cause photosynthesis - They don't even notice if it is very brief.

Sorry for your loss - I know the feeling /hugs
I run my RH way under 50 during flower. At about 30 to 40. 60 is way to hi in flower, and good air circulation is a must. I've done soil grows, and Hydro grow's, in grow tents and in closets, with no bud rot ever. 60 is a good RH for Early to mid Veg.

Be sure your environment is clean too! Mold spores come from somewhere - usually its the grower bringing them in. Why I dont touch my flowers.

We had a lot of mold this year outside. The only thing to do is cut that out and prey.

Your flowers look great - sorry about the mold.
Ya, I probably just need to be more careful and do a good thorough clean before my next grow. I try not to touch them as much as possible as well. And much thanks, they will be missed.

I amputated the rot/buds and sprayed. It kept the mould at bay. Then washed the trimmed buds with H2O2 lemon juice and bicarbonate of soda. Its all about damage limitations.
I will check out that fungus spray. I decided that I am going to chop her down tonight, I got sad and stopped feeding her properly.

How did you find your batch after them Bud wash? Didnt find any mold after that? This is what I am currently worried about.

Tonight, I am chopping her and giving her a Bud wash and then starting drying process.

Sorry! I just had bud rot this past grow. I thought I contained it but then I decided to break apart some of the large colas after harvest just to be safe and check and it turns out that most of the big ones had it :( It really sucks but at least we will be way more careful about preventing these types of issues in the future.

Sorry! I just had bud rot this past grow. I thought I contained it but then I decided to break apart some of the large colas after harvest just to be safe and check and it turns out that most of the big ones had it :( It really sucks but at least we will be way more careful about preventing these types of issues in the future.
That's a real shame. I invested in a dehumidifier from Home Depot and is worth it's weight in gold when controlling you're hi humidity.

Ya, I probably just need to be more careful and do a good thorough clean before my next grow. I try not to touch them as much as possible as well. And much thanks, they will be missed.

I will check out that fungus spray. I decided that I am going to chop her down tonight, I got sad and stopped feeding her properly.

How did you find your batch after them Bud wash? Didnt find any mold after that? This is what I am currently worried about.

Tonight, I am chopping her and giving her a Bud wash and then starting drying process.
Clean everything with 1 Cup Bleach to 1 Gallon of hot water.

That's a real shame. I invested in a dehumidifier from Home Depot and is worth it's weight in gold when controlling you're hi humidity.
Yeah I run one in my basement 24/7. Unfortunately my problem was caused by overcrowding my tent big time. That plus we got a couple weeks of lots of rain during late flower. Couldnt keep my rh below 65-70%

20211004_204910.jpg

This time around im gonna have about half the colas and some space around the perimeter.

I washed and wet trimmed. Any sign of bud rot was discarded. Dried then cured for 3 months. No sign of rot in the final product, which is all for personal use. Lost about 20% in total on an auto outside grow. For me its a fight against mother nature. Can stop the wet weather around harvest time.

Back
Top Bottom