Icemud Goes LED - Featuring Top LED Grow - Cherry Pie GSC/OGiesel/SFV OG/UVH OG

Re: Icemud Goes LED: Featuring Top LED Grow: Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel - SFV OG - UV

Happy Thurweed day Ice :thumb:

Re: Icemud Goes LED: Featuring Top LED Grow: Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel - SFV OG - UV

So do you think the 900w mars2 alone would be good for flower and veg. I'm actually considering just getting the 1200w mars2. The panel you have in veg would that be too intense for my clone room?

I have never vegged with the Mars II so I can't really comment on it but for flowering I have to say it works awesome. I replaced a 400w HPS with 1x 80x5w Mars II and it made my nugs very very frosty and rivaled the size of the HID.

Well I just got the tracking info from Sara for my LED purchase and they are due to be here Monday!!! I am super excited!!

cool hope it works great for you sounds like everyone else is doing good with them
Happy Freeweed day Ice
And a Chronic weekend to you :thumb:

Happy Munchday Ice :thumb:

Happy new year to all.

Ice ....going back to the germination issues, check out "cannabis seed germination breakthrough" on another forum. Dude crafts a simple gizmo that gives 100% germ rates. It worked for me on hard to crack beans.

Thank you for the recommendation. When I come around to trying again with seeds I will definitely give it a look :) Thanks VonDankenhoek!

Happy Munchday Ice :thumb:

Happy Muchday to you too Cronic!!! I really appreciate all the warm vibes and for you always sharing your positivity!!! Thanks buddy!! Much appreciation!

Well the waiting process is on!!!! Today is the day that my new Top LED lights will arrive and I can't wait!! Its like being a kid waiting for Santa to come!!!

Hurry UPS guy!!!

LOL

On another note, the GSC that I pulled about a week ago is already freaking amazing and so full of flavor its ridiculous!! The high is also beyond most of the other strains I have grown!!! Now if I can only get the yield up!!!

I hate waiting for stuff :rofl:
the gsc sounds great maybe ill try that someday need to get through most of the purchased seeds before I purchase more lol
hey man I just like to help spread the happiness :thumb:

I hate waiting for stuff :rofl:
the gsc sounds great maybe ill try that someday need to get through most of the purchased seeds before I purchase more lol
hey man I just like to help spread the happiness :thumb:

Its definitely a conneseur strain for sure, but a crap yeilder. I have a buddy in Norcal that usually gets between 4-6lbs off his outdoor plants. He told me he ran GSC once and only got 1lb off each of his outdoor plants. I've noticed about the same ratio. When I am getting 3-4 oz off my other plants, the GSC comes in usually around 1oz. But the quality, taste and all make up for the lighter yield IMO :)

There has been quite a few times I have been in a bad mood or frustrated and seen your posts spreading the happyness and it immediately perks me up!! I really appreciate it and figured I should let ya know :) Thanks Cronic!

I got my lights!!! tune in to my other journal for my updates on my new TOP LED Mars II lights for my flowering tent... 2nd link down in my signature!

:thumb::circle-of-love::Namaste:

Happy New Year Ice :thumb:

Hey everyone!! So here is a quick update for my veg tent. Friday I received my order of some new foliar sprays that I am going to begin using this round to see how it helps my plants out. The sprays have been used by other members on here including Docbud, Curso and BID and the sprays are Bloomit, amaze, and PGR. These sprays are designed specifically for High Brix growing and even though best practice would be to use it in a Lab balanced soil, I am going to give it a try on my mineralized soil to see how well my plants do this round.

Things are moving along pretty well in my flowering journal/tent so it shouldn't be long before these ladies get transfered over to my flower tent and introduced to my V-Scrog screen.

Well so I have been every week or so doing supercropping of the plants to encourage nice full canopies and lots of tops to use in my scrog screen and the plants seem to really be loving it. I have to say using this 144x3w LED, the plants are growing very very tight internodes which I like, but also they seem to be vegging slower than under my 400w CMH bulb. I am only using 1/3 of the electric though so it is not that big of a deal to me, but if you wanted faster vegging, CMH or HID definitely is better, at the cost of more electric usage and heat. As far as plant health though, the plants look pretty good under the LED and seem to like the light overall.

I fed the girls 2 days ago a mix of 2-4-0 fish hydrolyzed, Organic B, and carboload and they really seem to have loved the little bit of N. I have been letting the soil really get dry between waterings because I want a nice rootball for when I transplant them into flowering in a week or 2.

As mentioned above I picked up some new foliar sprays to try out this grow, so I mixed up my 1st foliar feeding of PGR, Amaze, cold pressed seaweed, and advanced nutrients carboload. I used 2oz of Amaze and 1oz of PGR to 1 gallon of water and soaked the girls, tops and bottoms of the leaves, and shot before and after photos, the plants definitely seemed to perk up after the foliar feeding and I so far am also Amazed! :)

DSC081991.JPG
DSC082002.JPG
DSC082011.JPG
DSC082021.JPG
DSC082031.JPG
DSC082041.JPG
DSC082051.JPG
DSC082061.JPG
DSC08207.JPG
DSC082081.JPG
DSC082091.JPG
DSC082101.JPG
DSC082111.JPG
DSC082121.JPG
DSC082131.JPG

looking good Ice Happy Munchday :thumb:

looks great ice don't know if i have yet but just started my first journal if you get a sec be great if you would stop by and throw down some of that knowledge

Hi Icemud, great journal so far!

Do you think that the plants aren't vegging as quickly is due to the fact that they aren't under a CMH or HID, or due to the fact that you're only running about 450w?

It looks like your tent is about 4 x 3. I'm looking at a 1200w (Mars 2 so actually it's 1125w i think) in a 5 x 5, which is twice the size tent, with only 2.5 times the wattage (roughly the same as what you have here). It's concerning me a bit that i might need more watts, perhaps 2 x 700w or 2 x 900w... :(

They say a 1200w covers a 4 x 4, so i might be better off just paying a bit more and getting 2 lesser wattage

Thanks for all your info online btw mate, really helpful to all of us noobs!

looks great ice don't know if i have yet but just started my first journal if you get a sec be great if you would stop by and throw down some of that knowledge

Hey Mobudds!! Thanks for stopping by and for the compliments! I looked at your journal and you look like you have some healthy plants my friend! I unfortunately have never done hydro (only soil for me) so there is not much knowledge I can help ya with in that direction, did you have any specific questions?

Back
Top Bottom