Icemud Goes LED - Featuring Top LED Grow - Cherry Pie GSC/OGiesel/SFV OG/UVH OG

Re: Icemud Goes LED: Featuring Top LED Grow: Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel - SFV OG - UV

So if I change down to 6 plants in a dwc they would still be ok in that area as long as I go scrog or sog? Also if 1200w too much what would be good for that area with the 6 plants to get plenty of coverage to lower nodes? 700w.. 2x 400w....I really appreciate everyone's replys!! I may be able to move a couple 2x4s around and still get a 4x4x6.5' tent.

Re: Icemud goes LED: Featuring TOP GROW LED: Cherry Pie, GSC, OGiesel, SFV OG, UVH OG

If I could push the area to 5x5x6.5 would that be best for the 6 plants to have plenty of area to get bushy

Re: Icemud goes LED: Featuring TOP GROW LED: Cherry Pie, GSC, OGiesel, SFV OG, UVH OG

I am looking for some information on recommendations for a tried and true growing medium. I favor Canadian Peat Moss but I have no idea how to mxs it with say perlite, vermiculite or whatever. Know anyone that can help me? I'm obviously am not in a hydro set-up. Maybe later when I have more room. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Hi Ice,
Thanks for the info. Sara at Top Led has emailed me separately and you are right, she is great and has loads of particular info. The 192x3w relfector system is what she recommends as they cover a 4.4 x 4.4 foot area. So we figure to use 3 of them. I think as my plants grow I might add some T5 corner lights too. What with the exhaust, cooling and heating system and humidity controls along with the insulation and mylar reflective material on the ceiling, walls and floor this project represents a large investment. I am a very newbie indoor grower. All my growing experience has been outdoors and that was over 35 years ago. I am 65 and now retired, so I have plenty of time to grow and nurture my girls. I plan on starting with feminized seeds and would ask if you have any reccommendations as to good indoor strains. I perfer potency over quantity. Many Thanks, Captain Bud

No worries Captain Bud! I like to help out when I can and glad I could be of service :) let me know when you get your journal started and I'd love to see how the reflector series works for you, especially flowering since I have yet to flower with mine. All I know is those suckers are bright! I looked as mine as an investment as well and the ROI as of now (about 3 years later) is ten fold at least. I've never grown from seed before but you can't go wrong with pretty much any OG Kush for potency. If you can get a real cut of GSC (thin mint) it is definitely one of the best tasting and stony buds I have had yet. Not much for yield at all, but very very good. OG's though are a bit temperamental indoors. Some very easy to grow but extemely good plants that I have grown are: Blackberry Kush, Blue Dragon, Holy Grail OG, GSC, cherry pie.

Re: Icemud Goes LED: Featuring Top LED Grow: Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel - SFV OG - UV

So if I change down to 6 plants in a dwc they would still be ok in that area as long as I go scrog or sog? Also if 1200w too much what would be good for that area with the 6 plants to get plenty of coverage to lower nodes? 700w.. 2x 400w....I really appreciate everyone's replys!! I may be able to move a couple 2x4s around and still get a 4x4x6.5' tent.

I never have grown DWC or any hydro before so I really don't want to mislead you. Based on your size grow you could probably fit all 8 in a SOG, SCROG is much different and for your size tent I would say 2-4 plants if you do a Scrog. Really you can do many things, but it depends on you asking yourself, what is my goal, how much do I want to train my plants and put in time, how long do I want to veg them, things like that... you could grow 1 giant plant or 8 small plants, its totally your call my friend.

If I could push the area to 5x5x6.5 would that be best for the 6 plants to have plenty of area to get bushy

Plants get bushy based on Genetics, human training and amount of veg time, as well as having more blue in your light spectrum. I would suggest looking into different training methods like LST, supercropping, topping and FIM for bushy plants. In a 5x5 area, you should have plenty of room to get a nice yield. I don't know if that answers your question or not but I hope it helps.

I am looking for some information on recommendations for a tried and true growing medium. I favor Canadian Peat Moss but I have no idea how to mxs it with say perlite, vermiculite or whatever. Know anyone that can help me? I'm obviously am not in a hydro set-up. Maybe later when I have more room. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

There are many soils that are popular with growing MaryJ...look into: Promix, happy frog, ocean forest, sunshine mix, roots which are some of the more popular. Also check out our sponsors here at 420 magazine which also have soils.

Thanks so much Icemud I appreciate the help. My goal is to try to get as much weight as possible. I am looking at just expanding my area with a small investment to make it 5x5x6.5 ft......I am thinking 6-8plants, 3-4' tall. After talking to sara I may be using two 400w Mars2 but will check with her again since I am gonna change my area to a 5x5x6.5 see what she thinks best light panel would be. Looking to veg to about 1.5-2ft tall then flower another 1.5-2' tall....

Thanks so much Icemud I appreciate the help. My goal is to try to get as much weight as possible. I am looking at just expanding my area with a small investment to make it 5x5x6.5 ft......I am thinking 6-8plants, 3-4' tall. After talking to sara I may be using two 400w Mars2 but will check with her again since I am gonna change my area to a 5x5x6.5 see what she thinks best light panel would be. Looking to veg to about 1.5-2ft tall then flower another 1.5-2' tall....

:thumb:

6-8 will fit great in 5x5. You should be able to pull a very nice yield from that much space. By 400w do you mean the 80x5 marsII? Im not sure how you would fit two of them in a 5x5 and have consistent coverage. I think the 240x5 marsII would fill that space nicely or 4 of the 80x5 if you really wanted to rock it. Anyway im sure sara knows more about her lights than I do but I was going to go with a 5x5 and already had one 700w marsII and was trying to figure out how to fill the tent so I went through what your going though already. Its hard to fit two smaller squares inside a bigger square and get even coverage. Life would be much easier if they came out with some rectangle marsII. GL!

I guess it late enough for me to say
Happy Sativaday Ice and a Chronic Weekend to you :thumb:

Like Smokey recommended, 2 of the Mars II 80x5w will not give you optimal lighting in your 5x5 area, especially if you are looking to end up with 4' plants.... I use 3 of them in my 2.5x5'x7 foot tent. I would suggest like smokey said, either 4 of the Mars II 80x5w. or possibly 2 of the larger ones, or one of the big ones.

I have three going in scrog in a 4X4 with only thres weeks veg I'm 5 days in flower I think and the screen is almost full I will have an update to night at lights on

I use peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae for my plants. I would mix your soiless mixture in a ratio of 60% peat moss, 20% perlite and 20% vermiculite. If you can get Pro-Mix HP you would only need to add vermiculite and mycorrhizae.

:popcorn:

Hey everyone.... So my flowering tent just got harvested completely today and so tomorrow will be spent cleaning the tent and all the components. I also am looking into getting a new carbon scrubber or seeing if I can somehow refil the ones I have because I noticed that they aren't really cleaning the scent much anymore. They are over 2 years old so it probably is about time to get a new one anyways so I will be checking my local hydro store to price them out as well as see if the ones I have can be refilled.

After the tent gets clean I also am going to be setting the middle LED light on a separate timer than the 2 outside ones so that I can control intensity as well as in the veg for the scrog screen I can also increase or decrease intensity as needed, but also cut electricity usage that may not be needed.

Once everything is cleaned, wiped down and disinfected with bleach water solution I will let the tent air out for a few hours and get the catch pans ready for the plants to be translanted and moved over to the flowering tent. Once the plants are in the flowering tent I will install the v-scrog screen and set the timers to the same Gas Lamp Routine schedule until the V-Scrog screen is full, then I will flip to flowering.

Once I remove all the plants from the veg tent, the veg tent will also be cleaned, disinfected and prepped for clones. I recently found out that the supplier of the clones I have been getting for the last few years is no longer in business. He did give me the name of someone, who is not local, but nearby that has all his genetics, so I will not be getting new ones anytime soon. I am really pleased with the GSC, the UVH, OGiesel and Cherry Pie so I do plan on running these for a while and maybe in the near future try some breeding projects too :)

As for my current vegging plants:

2 days ago I gave my girls their second foliar feeding with Amaze and PGR. I mixed up 1 gallon of R/O water and added 2oz of Amaze and 1oz of PGR. I also added 20ml of carboload and 20 ml of cold pressed seaweed. I gave the girls a good spray both tops and bottoms of the leaves. I have to say, this stuff does work wonders, It seems like everytime I spray them and look the next day, they are a few inches taller and looking very healthy. Wow is all I have to say. I still don't see any of the high brix shine that I have seen in the past, but hopefully once I transplant them and give them a nice compost tea they will really start to shine up.

I mixed up 5 gallons or r/o water 2 days ago and bubbled it with :
30ml of 2-4-0 hydrolyzed fish
20ml of humic acid
30ml of cold pressed seaweed
30ml of carboload
a few drops of Orca (beneficial bacterias)
20ml of EJ catalyst

I also added 1/2oz of spinosad for pest prevention.

I fed the plants today this mix.

Other than that the plants are really starting to take off. I don't know if it was because of me lowering the light, or the new sprays or maybe the roots just became more established since I have been drying the soil to the verge of drought before waterings to help the roots sprall. Either way they plants now seem to be exploding with new growth :)

These photo's were taken 2 nights ago..right before their 2nd foliar feeding.
DSC082831.JPG
DSC082841.JPG
DSC082851.JPG
DSC082861.JPG
DSC082871.JPG
DSC082881.JPG
DSC082891.JPG
DSC082901.JPG
DSC082911.JPG
DSC082921.JPG

Dang fine info I love to see other ppls mixed nutes gives me good ideas lol great info thanks for sharing

Looking good Ice :thumb:

Hey Everyone, So I had a spark in me late night to get some things done and so I popped some blue dream left over from a few grows ago into my bong, took a couple rips and got to work. Today was the day to start preparing my flowering tent for my girls, as well as transplant them into 5 gallon plastic square containers.

I first cleaned my flowering tent, pulled out the catch tray and washed it, let it dry and sprayed the rest of the tent down with lysol. I also removed my carbon scrubber pre filter and washed it, boy was it dirty. I then once the tray was dry put it back in the tent and prepped everything for my plants.

In my veg tent, the plants are looking amazing and definitely getting to the time for new homes. I wanted to get 7 gallon pots but since I was doing the v-scrog, I decided to just keep the 5 gallon ones I have currently until I find a better solution. They have worked for me in the past so I figured why not keep doing what has been working. I decided to re-use my soil from my last grow since the roots really didn't get all the way down in most of the pots on my last grow and I believe there is still plenty of nutrients left in it from all the amendments I added when I mixed it last round. This time I didn't amend it with anything, but did at 2x 5 gallons of the soil I pre mixed and never used so there also is some fresh soil that is unused.

I transplanted all the girls and put them into the flowering tent. I transplanted 1x UVH OG, 1x SFV OG, 1x Cherry Pie, 2x GSC, 1x OGiesel and left 1 Ogiesel in my veg tent to keep as a mother for now. I am planning on keeping all of these cuts so I will be taking clones in the next 2 weeks before I go to flowering. I didn't get the time to get my V-Scrog screen installed yet so I should be doing that tomorrow if I get a chance.

Now that the plants are under the 3x Mars II 80x5w lights with more red than they have been getting, I imagine that the plants are really going to take off with more available light. I have the lights currently running the Gas Lamp Routine and I am running all 3 lights ON during the daylight period, but only the middle one turns on during the 1 hour light period.

Well here are the girls after transplant....Say goodby to the veg tent in this journal and on to the flowering tent with the Mars II!!

OGiesel
DSC083112.JPG
DSC083122.JPG

UVH OG
DSC083132.JPG
DSC083144.JPG

SFV OG
DSC083192.JPG

GSC 1
DSC083162.JPG
DSC083171.JPG

GSC 2
DSC083222.JPG
DSC083232.JPG

Cherry Pie
DSC083202.JPG
DSC083212.JPG

Full tent with only middle Mars II on.
DSC083152.JPG
DSC083242.JPG
DSC083251.JPG
DSC083261.JPG
DSC083271.JPG

woohoo more buddage soon :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom