Icemud's LED Overkill - 3x Advanced LED XTE 300s - Blue Dream - University Hills OG

Re: Icemud's LED Overkill - 3x Advanced LED XTE 300s - Blue Dream - University Hills

Icemud, thanks for the encouragement. I've ended up with a bit of a hodge podge of Advanced LED panels, but I think it is an arrangement that will work for me and my legal plant count limitations. I'm growing specifically for personal use and working on finding the right CBD strain for me. As maximum yield is not a concern, I'm taking longer to grow small highly trained plants that I hope will reward me with the high quality and potency I need. If it takes me longer to grow less than other people, I'm ok with that as long as the quality is what I want.

So far, I'm just amazed at the quality of the light I get to work with. My plants never fight heat and excessive humidity that comes with it. And for a guy that wants to train dense, short, compact plants, the lack of stretch is unbelievable. I just put 2 month old highly trained plants into the flowering tent, and they were "huge" but less than 9 inches tall with a root system occupying a large 1 cubic foot container. I have a feeling that this first grow using LED is going to surprise me. My last crop grown fully indoors was over a decade ago, so it's really fun to play with all the new toys.

However, I do need them to actually ship that new 200 Watt blue veggie panel I bought last week so I can move the DS200 into the flowering tent with the XTE300.

I think I should be happy for now, because I can move the DS200 back and forth between areas where it is most needed. Depending on what is going on the garden at the time.

Re: Icemud's LED Overkill - 3x Advanced LED XTE 300s - Blue Dream - University Hills

last updater looked Great cool on the brix reading too loved the purple stain :thumb:

Hey Ellision....hmmm that's a hard choice..

I would have to say either option would be virtually ideal, and either way you decide you should be very happy.

I think that the coverage for either option would be fairly similar, however I think the 3x XTE 200's would give a slightly more even light footprint than the 2x XTE's with slightly less intensity for very tall plants, where as 2x XTE 300's would give much better intensity for larger plants, but might not spread as evenly as the 3x XTE 200's...

Its hard to really say because you would have to consider your grow style to really get the optimal setup..for instance...if you grow just 2 very large plants in the tent, i would go with the 2x 300's...

But if you were growing more of a scrog, SOG, or many smaller plants that aren't thick and bushy, then I think the 3x 200's would be a better fit...

Either way both options would be exceptional for that tent... really its just down to your grow style...but both would be very sufficient!
Went a head and ordered an xte 300 and a 100 pannel. I own a 200 and i also have a mars ii flowering spec. Hopefully i can manage with that(y) for a 2x2 and 2x4

Icemud, thanks for the encouragement. I've ended up with a bit of a hodge podge of Advanced LED panels, but I think it is an arrangement that will work for me and my legal plant count limitations. I'm growing specifically for personal use and working on finding the right CBD strain for me. As maximum yield is not a concern, I'm taking longer to grow small highly trained plants that I hope will reward me with the high quality and potency I need. If it takes me longer to grow less than other people, I'm ok with that as long as the quality is what I want.

So far, I'm just amazed at the quality of the light I get to work with. My plants never fight heat and excessive humidity that comes with it. And for a guy that wants to train dense, short, compact plants, the lack of stretch is unbelievable. I just put 2 month old highly trained plants into the flowering tent, and they were "huge" but less than 9 inches tall with a root system occupying a large 1 cubic foot container. I have a feeling that this first grow using LED is going to surprise me. My last crop grown fully indoors was over a decade ago, so it's really fun to play with all the new toys.

However, I do need them to actually ship that new 200 Watt blue veggie panel I bought last week so I can move the DS200 into the flowering tent with the XTE300.

I think I should be happy for now, because I can move the DS200 back and forth between areas where it is most needed. Depending on what is going on the garden at the time.

Hey ChippyMalone!

I think you will be extremely happy with the Advanced LED grow lights... so far I have to say they are amazing! I'm not sure if you meant this will be your first LED grow ever, but you may need to use slightly extra Mg and K if the plants show deficiencies. It seems that since the LED light drives photosynthesis harder, the plants require more Mg and K so you may have to add slightly more Cal/mag and a little extra k if you see the leaves getting yellow around the edges. :) but only add it if you see the deficiency. Most of my LED grows have required me to add epsom salts every couple feedings as well as some potassium silicate to add to the plants desire for it :)

Went a head and ordered an xte 300 and a 100 pannel. I own a 200 and i also have a mars ii flowering spec. Hopefully i can manage with that(y) for a 2x2 and 2x4

Very nice!

I think you made a good choice and you will definitely be happy about your purchase once your ladies experience the light :) I have mars II panels and the advanced XTE's are much brighter, quieter and my plants seem to like the advanced panels more :)

Happy Daze Ice:)....just ordered another XTE 300:).....next up is the extreme veg:).....i hope you are well my friend...:)...the girls look outstanding:)

Hey Green Dreams :) Happy days to you too!

Nice...XTE 300's rock! very nice purchase :)

I'm good, been heavily focused at work because finally I am in a job that 6 figures is within reach so I am grinding my hardest to achieve success :) and so far doing great :)

Hope all is well with you too my friend!

last updater looked Great cool on the brix reading too loved the purple stain :thumb:

Yeah I was quite pleased with the brix readings I took, quite surprised actually. I didn't expect the readings to be as high as they were :)

The purple sap was awesome! never seen it before...usually its green :)

Update time!!!!!

Day 33 flowering!!!!!

Well things are chugging along in the garden and every day the plants seem to be getting larger buds and developing more trichomes and the smell seems to intensify by the day... definitely very happy to have a good carbon scrubber :)

Well I will be going on another business trip this weekend through wednesday, so the girls will get an extra dose of water tomorrow, pretty much I'm going to flood the soil with plain water and some yucca extract and hopefully they will survive until I am back. The temps here are supposed to hit the 90's while I am gone with dry desert winds so I will make sure my humidifier is on full, and I will be turning off the blue/white channel while gone and just running the red channel to keep the temps down. Luckilly my lights come on in the evening as the sun is just starting to set so the ladies should be ok while I am gone.

Today I just gave them plain water for a feeding and took some photos.

Enjoy!!!!

IMG_20150312_174418.jpg
IMG_20150312_174427.jpg
IMG_20150312_174433.jpg
IMG_20150312_174457.jpg
IMG_20150312_174509.jpg
IMG_20150312_174518.jpg
IMG_20150312_174526.jpg
IMG_20150312_174535.jpg
IMG_20150312_174602.jpg
IMG_20150312_174608.jpg
IMG_20150312_174615.jpg
IMG_20150312_174621.jpg
IMG_20150312_174627.jpg
IMG_20150312_174635.jpg

Great job, Ice! :)

Hey DrZiggy!!! Thanks a bunch !!! about 1/2 way there :)

Icemud, could you elaborate on your use of Epsom salts for magnesium supplements? Suppose I wanted to use an Epsom salt solution in place of a normal watering, how much might I add per gallon?

I'm adding granular dolomite lime to my soils to add calcium and magnesium as a slow release ammendment, so I thought I was covered for additional calcium/magnesium. My plants at one week or so after the flip still look perfect, so I'm not in any rush to change anything, but do want to be prepared for a potential issue before it becomes apparent.

Again, thank you for sharing your LED growing experience. I'm pretty much using your grow as a template for my first LED grow. I do wish Advanced was a bit faster with shipping, as I cannot move my current DS200 over into the flowering tent Un the new XTE extreme veggie panel arrives. It will have taken two weeks, and I really could never used the additional light a week ago. So my actual outdoor vegetable garden will be delayed a few days until I have that going.

Looking Awesome Brotha :thumb:

Icemud, could you elaborate on your use of Epsom salts for magnesium supplements? Suppose I wanted to use an Epsom salt solution in place of a normal watering, how much might I add per gallon?

I'm adding granular dolomite lime to my soils to add calcium and magnesium as a slow release ammendment, so I thought I was covered for additional calcium/magnesium. My plants at one week or so after the flip still look perfect, so I'm not in any rush to change anything, but do want to be prepared for a potential issue before it becomes apparent.

Again, thank you for sharing your LED growing experience. I'm pretty much using your grow as a template for my first LED grow. I do wish Advanced was a bit faster with shipping, as I cannot move my current DS200 over into the flowering tent Un the new XTE extreme veggie panel arrives. It will have taken two weeks, and I really could never used the additional light a week ago. So my actual outdoor vegetable garden will be delayed a few days until I have that going.

I don't know about that dolomite lime, I would go with doc buds 6-5-3 mix instead. You still get the pH buff through the calcium but then you also get increased in frost.

I use a tsp of epsom salt per gallon of water.

Very nice!

I think you made a good choice and you will definitely be happy about your purchase once your ladies experience the light :) I have mars II panels and the advanced XTE's are much brighter, quieter and my plants seem to like the advanced panels more :)

FOR SURE! the mars ii 400 panel throws off twice the amount of heat then the XTE: 200 - and they pull roughly about the same wattage from the wall I would assume. Mind you, for the price of the mars II, it would of been a great veg light if it wasn't a red and white spec. It does veg plants mind you, and that's what im currently using as my veg panel in my 2x2.. with a nirvana blue mystic, seedsman cheese and a ugly looking sensi skunk #1 and I also have a really tall northern lights auto from cropking seeds going in the 2x2.

Really can't wait to replace the 250hps for the XTE 300 panel and change out the Mars II for the XTE 100 panel for veg. And I can probably throw the Mars ii in the 2x4 and have a xte 200, 300 and mars 400 (but the mars isn't really needed once the 300 and 100 come in) Def open to suggestions, and hopefully will start a small journal of my own.

I started 2 random bag seeds.. and one of them kinda smells like mint, the other skunky. I had some purple kush.. and founds some seeds and someone had given me "blue mokai" seeds, I couldn't find the strain anywhere really online, buddy said he bought them off someone.

On the one side it's scrog and on the other I have lsted, and I have a lsted cropking auto northern light seed going in the flowering tent as well, and a smaller solo cup auto seed, maybe 5 weeks old and almost finished I believe.

I coco and 6/9 .. hand water daily.

will post some pictures next week when the girls start fattening up :D

So I decided to test my brix levels tonight on the plants both the sap and the leaf smashed to see where I am at. My guess was around a 13-14 or so before I took the tests because even though they have great leaf posture, they don't really have the shine I am used to seeing with the higher brix levels.

To test the Sap, Immediately after cutting off a leaf I squeezed just the stem onto the refractometer to get only sap out of the stem, and no plant material from broken cells. For testing the leaf I rolled the leaf into a ball and squished the ball about 5-7 times in the pliers, then a few drops are squeezed out.

Boy did I surprise myself :) (all of the brixs readings had a very blury line which supposedly means a higher tds so it was really hard to get an exact read.

Front right unknown plant (was supposed to be GDP)
: Sap 8, Leaf 14-15 brix

Back Right unknown purple plant (was supposed to be purple urkle): Sap 11, Leaf 20+ was so dark I really couldn't see where the line ended. was over 20.

Front mystery kush: Sap 13, Leaf 19-20 brix

Blue dream: Sap 9, Leaf 17-19, very blury line

Churchberry: Sap 7, Leaf 16 brix

UVH OG: Sap 7-8, leaf 17 brix

To my surprise, when I juiced the unknown plant (the very purple one) the juice stained my fingers and so I squeezed some of the juice on a white paper towel to show... I've never seen completely purple juice in the plant :) lots of anthocyanins?

IMG_20150307_193219.jpg
IMG_20150307_223904.jpg

I re watched a video on youtube and you were talking about getting ride of the mystery strains. Do you think the urkle lacked light the first grow around, and with the third pannel it was able to show more of her qualities
:bravo::goodjob:

Posted some photos in memberes gallery. Not much.. But its a start. Cant wait to get the new pannels.

Back
Top Bottom