Icemud's LED Overkill - 3x Advanced LED XTE 300s - Blue Dream - University Hills OG

Re: Icemud's LED Overkill - 3x Advanced LED XTE 300s - Blue Dream - University Hills

Picked up 3 xte 100's to go with the xml350. My next grow should be interesting.

Re: Icemud's LED Overkill - 3x Advanced LED XTE 300s - Blue Dream - University Hills

Icemud, could you elaborate on your use of Epsom salts for magnesium supplements? Suppose I wanted to use an Epsom salt solution in place of a normal watering, how much might I add per gallon?

I'm adding granular dolomite lime to my soils to add calcium and magnesium as a slow release ammendment, so I thought I was covered for additional calcium/magnesium. My plants at one week or so after the flip still look perfect, so I'm not in any rush to change anything, but do want to be prepared for a potential issue before it becomes apparent.

Again, thank you for sharing your LED growing experience. I'm pretty much using your grow as a template for my first LED grow. I do wish Advanced was a bit faster with shipping, as I cannot move my current DS200 over into the flowering tent Un the new XTE extreme veggie panel arrives. It will have taken two weeks, and I really could never used the additional light a week ago. So my actual outdoor vegetable garden will be delayed a few days until I have that going.

Hey Chippy!

I can't really elaborate much because I don't really measure the amount I put in, but about every 3 weeks I add epsom salt and potassium silicate to my feedings to help with any deficiencies. If I were to guess I probably use about 1/8 of a cup for 5 gallons of water.

That is a long time for shipping, you might want to contact them to see whats up. It only took about a week to get mine from the time they were shipped...actually about 5 biz days.

Looking Awesome Brotha :thumb:

Hey Cronic!!!

Thank you much!!!

Happy Fried day!

I don't know about that dolomite lime, I would go with doc buds 6-5-3 mix instead. You still get the pH buff through the calcium but then you also get increased in frost.

The 6-5-3 is an amazing mix but I don't believe that it contains Mg, its calcium carbonate, SRP which I believe is calcium phosphate, and gysum which is calcium sulfate.

Dolomitic Lime is almost 11% Mg and 21% Ca way higher than the preferred Calcitic Lime for HB growing.
Calcitic Lime is 0.2% Mg and 40% Ca according to the following..

FAQs | A&L Great Lakes

Thank you DrZiggy for helping out in my absence :) much appreciation!

Happy Daze Ice:)....Great update:)......sending you positive vibes that you reach your salary goal sooner than later my friend:).....Have a good business trip bro:)

Hey Green Dreamz!!!

Happy Days!!!!

Thank you for the positive vibes!!! so far things are going well, very stressed at times, but I try to think of my financial goals and it takes the pressure off :)

I use a tsp of epsom salt per gallon of water.

Thanks for the help 420Pursuit!!!

Much appreciate you stepping in and helping a fellow member :)

much luv!

FOR SURE! the mars ii 400 panel throws off twice the amount of heat then the XTE: 200 - and they pull roughly about the same wattage from the wall I would assume. Mind you, for the price of the mars II, it would of been a great veg light if it wasn't a red and white spec. It does veg plants mind you, and that's what im currently using as my veg panel in my 2x2.. with a nirvana blue mystic, seedsman cheese and a ugly looking sensi skunk #1 and I also have a really tall northern lights auto from cropking seeds going in the 2x2.

Really can't wait to replace the 250hps for the XTE 300 panel and change out the Mars II for the XTE 100 panel for veg. And I can probably throw the Mars ii in the 2x4 and have a xte 200, 300 and mars 400 (but the mars isn't really needed once the 300 and 100 come in) Def open to suggestions, and hopefully will start a small journal of my own.

I started 2 random bag seeds.. and one of them kinda smells like mint, the other skunky. I had some purple kush.. and founds some seeds and someone had given me "blue mokai" seeds, I couldn't find the strain anywhere really online, buddy said he bought them off someone.

On the one side it's scrog and on the other I have lsted, and I have a lsted cropking auto northern light seed going in the flowering tent as well, and a smaller solo cup auto seed, maybe 5 weeks old and almost finished I believe.

I coco and 6/9 .. hand water daily.

will post some pictures next week when the girls start fattening up :D

Wow! Ellision it sounds like you have quite a bit going on :) would love to see ya start a journal :) its a lot of fun to journal to reflect back on in the future for comparing grows, nutrients, lights and other factors, plus it really helps hone in the skills with all the awesome members help :)

Wow, a XTE200, 300 and a mars 400 in a 2x4..sounds like a amazingly optimal lighting for a 2x4 tent, you should see some great results :) Since the XTE's are more intense, I would position them over the most tallest/densest plants, and since the mars II spreads light more evenly but not nearly as intense I would probably use it inbetween the XTE's to really help spread some sideward lighting and fill in the gap inbetween the panels :) can't wait to see it in your journal :)

Yeah man. Figured you'd do the same. Doing some catching up.

I re watched a video on youtube and you were talking about getting ride of the mystery strains. Do you think the urkle lacked light the first grow around, and with the third pannel it was able to show more of her qualities
:bravo::goodjob:

I'm really not sure why the urkle (mystery) this round turned really purple, and last round it was the GDP (mystery) that turned very purple....unless I acidentally switched tags on the plants when I cloned them...I'm usually very careful though...

It could be that the purpling is caused by above normal lighting... the purple color a lot of times is due to the build up of anthocyanin which is like sunblock for the plant... my GSC also purpled last grow and I've never really see it turn quite as purple in past grows....so it probably does have a pretty big bearing on the increased purple color...

Posted some photos in memberes gallery. Not much.. But its a start. Cant wait to get the new panels.

Nice!!! will check them out in a bit!

Picked up 3 xte 100's to go with the xml350. My next grow should be interesting.

sounds sweet!!!!

I definitely am happy with the XTE's... next time I have to remember to flower earlier because my plants are getting a little too close for comfort.... I noticed a little bleaching on my UVH og

May have to turn the intensity down a bit.

UPDATE TIME!!!!

I got back from Boston on Wednesday morning and had a lot of catch up to do the past few days so I apologise for being gone for about a week.. I had a great trip, and I've never been to Boston so it was a lot of fun seeing the town, and doing the largest Seafood trade show in North America... tons of seafood to sample and somehow I am still craving it... I have to say, out of all places I have eaten seafood, Boston definitely tops the list.... I never liked Oysters, now I am hooked :) I went out one night with my collegues and "did Boston seafood right" and spent over $100 on my meal which included scallops, calimari, clam chowder, swordfish steak and a lobster roll/sandwich and that didn't even include my drinks :) It was absolutely delicious...

Let me tell you, after seeing all the snow, and walking through a slight blizzard in 20 degree weather, even though I am a chicago native by nature, after being in Cali for 8+ years I sure do appreciate my coastal socal weather...Brrrr.... I did enjoy it ever so slightly though as it reminded me of home :)

So now that I have caught up...on to the girls...

So today marks Day 41 of flowering (from the flip) and things continue to look really good this run. The leaves for the most part still look really healthy minus a few large fan leaves that have turned yellow and need to be removed but I am very happy with what I am seeing so far.

Today I decided to turn the veg/white channel down to about 1/4 power to give a more heavy red spectrum and to reduce the heat slightly....with the lights on full my tent is on average about 82F in the canopy and at light level around 85-89F depending on my room temp so I think by lowering it it may actually help speed up photosynthesis as it is driven by 3 factors primarily... Light intensity/PPFD, Temperature, and available CO2. They all work together and when all are at optimal levels, photosynthesis soars!

I also decided it was time to mix up new CO2 jugs so I dumped most of the water, added fresh water and sugar and a little yeast, shook them and placed them back into the tent.. lots of bubbles !!! nice! Normally CO2 is supposed to be introduced from above as it is heavier than air and falls, however I have a small circulation fan under the canopy blowing slightly across and up so I believe this breeze should be enough to carry the co2 up to the leaves.

I mixed up some earth juice for a soil drench on wednesday night and fed the girls the last 2 days earthjuice tea...

Well here are the ladies on day 41!!!

IMG_20150320_171423.jpg
IMG_20150320_171434.jpg
IMG_20150320_171449.jpg
IMG_20150320_171508.jpg
IMG_20150320_171536.jpg
IMG_20150320_171543.jpg
IMG_20150320_171553.jpg
IMG_20150320_171603.jpg
IMG_20150320_171612.jpg
IMG_20150320_171618.jpg
IMG_20150320_171631.jpg
IMG_20150320_171638.jpg
IMG_20150320_171703.jpg
IMG_20150320_171711.jpg
IMG_20150320_171720.jpg
IMG_20150320_171726.jpg
IMG_20150320_171735.jpg

BTW.... I got notice that Advanced LED just released a XML 650W which rivals a 1000w HID supposedly....

Click Here for Info on the All New Advanced LED XML 650W

Also..

Advanced LED put together a collection of all the LED lights data sheets. This includes all the lights and series of LED's they carry and offers some great PAR numbers, and other valuable data for helping properly to choose the right light :) 2 green thumbs up Advanced for supplying the right info that growers need to make educated decisions :)

Click Here to find Data Sheets for All Advanced LED grow lights, series and models

Hey Icemud

Come to Boston in the spring, that will be for a week,, in June this year. And I'll take you to a game at Fenway! Of course, that comes with me tapping your knowledge bank all night! ;)

Did you hit the no name restaurant, how about Jimmys harborside,,? wait that might be closed.

I'm glad to read you liked the area, but the snow, we're ova it :) Next time, let me know,, I'll show you around but sounds like you had great company!

Fabulous grow here, really top notch!

Wow, Icemud!

Kudos to you and Advanced LED for the information! There are some really surprising numbers in that umol grid chart. :thedoubletake: I wish more manufacturers had the confidence to publish grid charts. There aren't enough to make good comparisons.

Those are superior numbers! :thumb:

I'm liking my XML 350 a lot so far, and it's only 18-20 inches from the top of a mature blooming plant, so ... she's absorbing 1000 umols? Heheh, good girl!

I am really debating on switching to AdvancedLED next grow. PlatinumLED was suppose to have a new lineup for this year, but so far have not seen much.

Great thread.

I am really debating on switching to AdvancedLED next grow. PlatinumLED was suppose to have a new lineup for this year, but so far have not seen much.

Great thread.

They haven't changed their site as of this post but i know new units have already been shipped out. Curso has some and they are an improvement over the original lights, if you're interested just drop PLed an email or go to their site and use the chat feature and see if they can help out. Mark was great in returning one of my lights(nothing wrong with it).

Great Update Brotha :thumb:
Happy Shatterday :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom