Icemud's LED Overkill - 3x Advanced LED XTE 300s - Blue Dream - University Hills OG

Re: Icemud's LED Overkill - 3x Advanced LED XTE 300s - Blue Dream - University Hills

Dang, Ice, knocking it out of the park as usual. Rock on brother!

Re: Icemud's LED Overkill - 3x Advanced LED XTE 300s - Blue Dream - University Hills

Great update Ice :)

well I've been using Advanced Led for years now and have nothing but good things to say about they're lights. I have two smaller DS panels , a DSXML350 , and now the XTE 300's.

Last round with the XTE 300's I broke my single plant weight record of 9 oz's .
My keeper pheno produced 3 grams under 12 oz's or 333 dry. :)

These Lights Rock!

Keep up the great work Ice +reps

You have a couple tentfuls of beautiful girls, Ice! :circle-of-love:

Who's the fluffy one with the thin blades? :cheesygrinsmiley:

There are 2 with thin (sativa dom) leaves...the one in the back middle of the tent is the blue dream, and the one that is on the front left is the churchberry :)

Ice, beautiful garden! Doc doesnt use Bloomit anymore..says its too strong for these plants. Just sayn' :) have an awesome day!

Yep... I knew better too... and decided to give it a try since they were not in flowering yet, but it was way too strong... I'm going to have to just trash it... or really dillute it :)

Dang, Ice, knocking it out of the park as usual. Rock on brother!

Thank you Shawnee!!!

Great update Ice :)

well I've been using Advanced Led for years now and have nothing but good things to say about they're lights. I have two smaller DS panels , a DSXML350 , and now the XTE 300's.

Last round with the XTE 300's I broke my single plant weight record of 9 oz's .
My keeper pheno produced 3 grams under 12 oz's or 333 dry. :)

These Lights Rock!

Keep up the great work Ice +reps

I can honestly say that I love my XTE's :) definitely very well made panels and they have produced my best LED harvest yet in terms of quality and quantity :) I can't wait to see how the 3x XTE 300's do in my tent... I'm betting I will top my HID yields with 75% the energy :)

Hello Icemud! I've read through all of your previous journals, drooling, and it is so nice to catch up with this one in real time just as you flip to flower.

I am a true LED believer and presently in light comparison and shopping mode. Am drafting plans for a grow cabinet/closet and will select the panel(s) when dimensions are finalized, after my upcoming move to a more enlightened/legal state. Your results with the XTEs are awesome but I can't find relevant panel dimensions on their website. As the core light footprint should closely match the growspace dimensions, can you obtain and provide the actual length & width of the Advanced DS XTE 100, 200, 300 and 400?

Your girls are looking great and appear to be about 2.5' to 4' in height at end of veg. They are going to be real amazons after the flowering stretch. This grow is looking to be a great ride, am hoping to pull up a chair to enjoy the show. Many thanks, Kimosabe!

Here are the dimensions for all of the XTE series! Thanks to Advanced LED for supplying this info so quickly :)

DS XTE 100: 18.5"L x 5"W x 3"H
DS XTE 200: 19"L x 8"W x 3"H
DS XTE 300: 19.5"L x 12"W x 3"H
DS XTE 400: 35"L x 8"W x 3"H

Here are the dimensions for all of the XTE series! Thanks to Advanced LED for supplying this info so quickly :)

DS XTE 100: 18.5"L x 5"W x 3"H
DS XTE 200: 19"L x 8"W x 3"H
DS XTE 300: 19.5"L x 12"W x 3"H
DS XTE 400: 35"L x 8"W x 3"H

Many thanks, Icemud! This will be VERY helpful for planning my garden. Your gals look great, am truly enjoying the show :goodjob:

Subbed for this. Looking great man!

Hey DrVerdethumb!! Glad to have ya join in... you came at the right time as we should see flowers anyday now :)

Well I ended V-tines day on a great note... I took some of this, and some of that, and ended up grinding 4 different types of bud and took 2 Raw Jumbo papers and filled them up! I rolled a nice fatty and relaxed :)

IMG_20150214_233625.jpg
IMG_20150214_233733.jpg

I love the clonex lighter that the local hydro store gave me... more companies should make lighters :) I would use them over the cheesy gas station ones :)

So today the girls still aren't quite showing full bloom yet, but I know its very close and probably any day now I should see some flowers pop.. I do see much more pistil formation and the leaves on all the bud sites have started to grow rapidly so I know anyday now I will open the tent to tons of buds :)

Since the last few feedings were basically just R/O water and rocks... I decided to give them some organic nutrients today... so I mixed up 5 gallons of water and added : 2-4-0 hydrolyzed fish, 2-3-1 hydrolyzed squid, cold pressed seaweed, some sulfur based micronutrients, general organics cal/mag, and humboldt nutrients 0-10-0 with 10% calcium (soft rock phoshate and calcium carbonate liquid form). I also added some yucca extract. I fed the girls this mix as well as gave them a foliar feeding of this mix. Because of the fish and squid, man it is probaby the stinkyest stuff I have..especially the squid... takes quite a while for the smell to go down after the foliar feeding, but I love using fish fertz in my foliar sprays..

Other than that the plants look really happy and I can't wait to see them in full bloom.

I raised the lights about 4", pretty much as high as I could manage getting them in the tent so if the plants continue to stretch, then I will be supercropping them around 20 days or so... I noticed because of the extreme intensity of the lights and the plants so close, they aren't stretching as much as I had expected, especially the OG which stretched like crazy under HPS and CMH.. Very tight nodes this grow on all the plants... except for the mystery kush which is stretching a bit because its lower in the tent..

Here are today's photos...

IMG_20150215_182326.jpg
IMG_20150215_182337.jpg
IMG_20150215_182400.jpg
IMG_20150215_182427.jpg
IMG_20150215_182552.jpg
IMG_20150215_182619.jpg

Great Update Brotha and that is one Heavy Joint/Doobie

Happy Daze Ice:)....girls are looking awesome my friend;).......well i ended up with 8.2 oz off a single plant flowered under the XTE300....my best by far:)...and it tripled my gpw......loving it:)....Hope you are having a great day bro....and you are gonna kill it with 3 of the 300's:)

Awesome progress! Your plants look uber-healthy, lol. Loving the dark green leaves and the progress the grow is having under these lights. I can't wait to order mine. I'm hoping to get the ex-veg light very soon. As I said, I have to buy in stages. In your opinion, ice. Would it be best to get the ex-veg 200 or spring for the 300. Regardless of which I get, I will be adding a second light down the road. For now though, I can only get one. Honestly, the 300 is out of my price range, but if you feel it would perform better, I'll just save up a little more for it. My veg space is currently 3'x3'. Thank you for your input.

Great Update Brotha and that is one Heavy Joint/Doobie

Hey Cronic!!

Heck yea that was a fatty! Took me 2 sessions to finish...probably a good 1/2 hour at least for each session :) Definitely made for a relaxing weekend :)

Happy Daze Ice:)....girls are looking awesome my friend;).......well i ended up with 8.2 oz off a single plant flowered under the XTE300....my best by far:)...and it tripled my gpw......loving it:)....Hope you are having a great day bro....and you are gonna kill it with 3 of the 300's:)

Dang!!!! 1 plant and 8 zips!!! holy buds batman!!! haha Thats amazing! I think I will either meet or exceed my yield records from 1000w HID (400w CMH + 600w HPS) which were in the middle 500g for my tent... my last grow was only 100g less with only 500w so I think by adding the extra 250w I should most likely meet or exceed that record :) After this grow I may go with less plants and larger pots but also have a seed project I have been wanting to do, so time will tell :) I can't wait to see if I beat my personal best yield :)

seed project :thumb:

Awesome progress! Your plants look uber-healthy, lol. Loving the dark green leaves and the progress the grow is having under these lights. I can't wait to order mine. I'm hoping to get the ex-veg light very soon. As I said, I have to buy in stages. In your opinion, ice. Would it be best to get the ex-veg 200 or spring for the 300. Regardless of which I get, I will be adding a second light down the road. For now though, I can only get one. Honestly, the 300 is out of my price range, but if you feel it would perform better, I'll just save up a little more for it. My veg space is currently 3'x3'. Thank you for your input.

Hey Nightowl! Really appreciate the kind vibes and compliments :)

So far things are looking really good this round and I have really been focusing on keeping them healthy.

If you are going to get the EX VEG or the XTE... make sure to use my discount code...not sure how much it will save you, but I know it will knock down the price slightly... (its in my signature below)

Well the EX=VEG is only for the vegatative phase of growing, where the XTE can be used for both veg and flowering, and features a veg and bloom channel to reduce electric use when not needed so I would recommend the XTE if you are using it for both, but if you need a rocking veg light, the EX veg works wonders.

you may even want to look at the XTE 200 which is cheaper than the 300, but will give you that full spectrum for veg and flowering, where as the EX VEG is only for VEG...

I think with either way you go, you will be happy, as I am extremely happy with mine :)

Back
Top Bottom