Icemud's LED Overkill - 3x Advanced LED XTE 300s - Blue Dream - University Hills OG

Re: Icemud's LED Overkill - 3x Advanced LED XTE 300s - Blue Dream - University Hills

Great looking girls Ice. :thumb::thumb:

Thanks Danishoes!!!! There getting more beautiful by the day :)

Re: Icemud's LED Overkill - 3x Advanced LED XTE 300s - Blue Dream - University Hills

Hey Everyone!!!!

Update time!!!

I have BUDS!!! on day 9 the flowers popped and started growing in full bloom :) and today makes day 12 of flowering (from the flip).

The plants are looking really good at this point and I will be doing a mild/medium defoliation and some supercropping in about 1 week to allow better penetration as well as more airflow in the dense foliage. The supercropping will mostly be on the blue dream and the GSC which are getting too close to the lights for my comfort, and I want to keep everything at least 10" away from the lights so they don't bleach the buds. As of now there is no bleaching and the plants actually seem to love being that close to the lights as of now, but I don't want to risk it, so around day 20 they will get a minor makeover :)

I have been feeding the girls about 2 cups of water a day, and my last feeding consisted of mostly epsom salt, liquid SRP and CaCO3, potassium silicate, and a 1/4 dose of Dogget simpson bloom. This feeding will last 1 more day and then the girls will get a round of compost tea, for 2 days, followed by a fish fertz soil drench.

Well not much else to report at this time other than the plants seem very very happy and are extremely bushy at this time.

I hope to either hit or exceed my yield record with this grow which is previously held my my 1000w HID setup. Last grow with only 2x of the Advanced LED 300's, I was only 100g short of that, but managed a much higher gram per watt because I was only using 500w, so I think this grow with the added 250w should meet or possibly exceed that yield :)

I wanted to show this cool new glass piece my buddies brother gave me. Its a glass joint tip/filter that keeps you from getting broken up bud and resin on your fingers and lips, and is reusable :) you just roll it into the joint and away you go :) This one is made by RooR :) The logo is rolled in the paper in the photo :)
IMG_20150216_182431.jpg

Here are today's photos :)
IMG_20150219_202947.jpg
IMG_20150219_202955.jpg
IMG_20150219_203022.jpg
IMG_20150219_203029.jpg
IMG_20150219_203037.jpg
IMG_20150219_203044.jpg
IMG_20150219_203054.jpg
IMG_20150219_203105.jpg
IMG_20150219_203112.jpg
IMG_20150219_203121.jpg

Great Update Brotha and like the new glass crutch :thumb:

seed project :thumb:

Yeah I really have wanted to make seeds of the strains I have right now... just in case something happens I want to be able to keep the genetics... I've been lucky enough not to kill any of them and some like my UVH OG, Ogiesel and GSC are about 2 years old now :) so I don't want to keep pressing my luck though.. I already lost my SFV OG and Skywalker OG and it really hurt to lose those...so I figure I should definitely get started on making feminized seeds 1st...and then adventure into breeding :) (just for personal obviously because I don't have the space to isolate certain traits by growing 100's at time like the pros :) but still very excited to be able to experiment and create my own strains...

I really can't wait to use the black cherry cola to cross with others :) such an amazing flavor :)

Great Update Brotha and like the new glass crutch :thumb:

Thanks..... thats the word I was looking for "crutch" hahah I was totally thinking of that but it slipped my brain...(probably the fat bowl of GSC i am blazing) haaha yea, it really makes for a nice clean inhale every time :) and even better, for those that have no smoking ediquite, no crushed or pinched ends, no slobber and a nice firm end to pass :) loving the glass crutch :)

Video update!!!
[video=youtube_share;Xpr-J4XBgzc]
[/video]

:thumb:

I just love this site so many Great People :circle-of-love:

Great Video Brotha :high-five:

Brotha at day 15 defoliate all of your fan leaves and cut out at least the bottom 10 inches of underbrush. This will completely stop stretch which it looks like you need. It will also put all of the plants energy into your sugar leaves. I started doing this a few years ago. There is a thread on defoliation in the growers lounge. A few peeps used my method and gained way bigger yields both in quantity and in quality. I use the same lights you use bro. Trust me you will be very happy. Check out that thread and look at the video documentary that lindee posted using my methods. The proof is in the puddin. :thumb:

Brotha at day 15 defoliate all of your fan leaves and cut out at least the bottom 10 inches of underbrush. This will completely stop stretch which it looks like you need. It will also put all of the plants energy into your sugar leaves. I started doing this a few years ago. There is a thread on defoliation in the growers lounge. A few peeps used my method and gained way bigger yields both in quantity and in quality. I use the same lights you use bro. Trust me you will be very happy. Check out that thread and look at the video documentary that lindee posted using my methods. The proof is in the puddin. :thumb:

I usually do 2 defoliations, one around day 21 which is a light leaf defoliation as well as cleaning up the underbrush...then around day 50 I do it again and remove much more of the fan leaves. The problem with defoliating too much too early is "energy" is made in the leaves, by removing them you are actually slowing down the amount of photosynthesis that happens. I mostly do it to eliminate the potenital of PM by allowing better airflow, and to allow light to reach the lower budsites...

Cool Stuff and great seeing someone going "green" with LED. If it were less expensive to invest in such, I would without a doubt.

Good looking Blue Dream! Will be rolling it again in my future time. I find it that if you LST and top more you can avoid such stretching and get more efficient light distribution on bud areas by keeping them shorter but wider. It's worthy if you're confined to a grow room/area, in which you don't benefit from high (you loose penetration for as much as you higher the light source). It really gets the buds thick imo.

Overall great growth keep it going! Nice vids :Namaste:

Awesome Update ICE! I was able to harvest a couple of plants so far, and all I can say is thanks for all the Vid's and Info you put out and the info you shared made my 1st grow a success so far!!

Thank You Brother! Much appreciated.. seriously.. :Namaste:

:high-five::thumb::volcano-smiley:

I think you have inspired me to do my very first grow journal. Honestly I've been chomping at the bit to show my method for a while now. Here are a few pic of the girls at week 5.2 in veg. This is two days after I did a complete reap and defoliation. Leaf mass has almost doubled on my sugar leaves. It'll be time to build the net pretty soon. =)

20150220_123517.jpg

20150220_123624.jpg

20150220_123728.jpg

Hey Everyone!!!!

Update time!!!

I have BUDS!!! on day 9 the flowers popped and started growing in full bloom :) and today makes day 12 of flowering (from the flip).

The plants are looking really good at this point and I will be doing a mild/medium defoliation and some supercropping in about 1 week to allow better penetration as well as more airflow in the dense foliage. The supercropping will mostly be on the blue dream and the GSC which are getting too close to the lights for my comfort, and I want to keep everything at least 10" away from the lights so they don't bleach the buds. As of now there is no bleaching and the plants actually seem to love being that close to the lights as of now, but I don't want to risk it, so around day 20 they will get a minor makeover :)

I have been feeding the girls about 2 cups of water a day, and my last feeding consisted of mostly epsom salt, liquid SRP and CaCO3, potassium silicate, and a 1/4 dose of Dogget simpson bloom. This feeding will last 1 more day and then the girls will get a round of compost tea, for 2 days, followed by a fish fertz soil drench.

Well not much else to report at this time other than the plants seem very very happy and are extremely bushy at this time.

I hope to either hit or exceed my yield record with this grow which is previously held my my 1000w HID setup. Last grow with only 2x of the Advanced LED 300's, I was only 100g short of that, but managed a much higher gram per watt because I was only using 500w, so I think this grow with the added 250w should meet or possibly exceed that yield :)

I wanted to show this cool new glass piece my buddies brother gave me. Its a glass joint tip/filter that keeps you from getting broken up bud and resin on your fingers and lips, and is reusable :) you just roll it into the joint and away you go :) This one is made by RooR :) The logo is rolled in the paper in the photo :)
IMG_20150216_182431.jpg

I bought one of these a few weeks ago and was trying to stuff the rolled joint inside the glass :loopy:
thinking this hole is too small.

I just used it correctly and it works great. Thanks Icemud :)

I think you have inspired me to do my very first grow journal. Honestly I've been chomping at the bit to show my method for a while now. Here are a few pic of the girls at week 5.2 in veg. This is two days after I did a complete reap and defoliation. Leaf mass has almost doubled on my sugar leaves. It'll be time to build the net pretty soon. =)

20150220_123517.jpg

20150220_123624.jpg

20150220_123728.jpg

On the subject of defoliation, I just trimmed all fan leaves from my 3 Jilly Beans I have in flower. I have three phenos: the tall 'candy store' pheno, which had the least foliage; the mid height 'skunk' pheno, which had medium foliage, but the thickest buds; and the short, very bushy 'citrus' pheno, this one had TONS of fan leaves, so much so that the plant looks a good two weeks behind the others in development.

This is week 6 of flower, so in theory they only have 2 weeks left, however, I'm running low on nutrients until I generate some cash flow, so I'm gonna take these as long as they need to go. I know by experience that Jilly is a heavy producer. Last run of these, I had two plants, producing a total of 8oz. It took me 33hrs straight trimming to manicure the buds. It was worth it though, I'm hoping for similar/ better results this time around.

They're under a 1000w HPS, canopy temps at 73 degrees lights on. I run my lights during the day, so I'm getting room temps of around 50-55 degrees at night. Starting to get some maroon coloring in the leaves, I love color, so this is going to be exciting!

One more thing, I'm LOVING the results I'm seeing with these Advanced LEDs you guys are having. Definitely making my pending upgrade that much more mouth watering. I feel like a rabid dog, foaming at the mouth, etc. lol

I bought one of these a few weeks ago and was trying to stuff the rolled joint inside the glass :loopy:
thinking this hole is too small.

I just used it correctly and it works great. Thanks Icemud :)

:rofl: ^^^ thats friggin funny!!

Luv the videos man. Respect
:bravo:

:thumb:

I just love this site so many Great People :circle-of-love:

Great Video Brotha :high-five:

Thanks guys!!!

I agree, so many awesome people here at 420 Magazine!!

Love doing the videos, just makes for a better view of what is going on in the garden :)

Back
Top Bottom