In The Lab

The pH of hydroponics solution is critical.
The pH of a pot of proper soil is also critical.

However, the notion that changing the pH of the feed water will effect the pH of 7 gallons of mineralized dirt is just silly. If you grow in soil, just ignore all the pH chatter. It's not at all necessary or meaningful.

If you're in hydro, however, you'd best pay careful attention to pH.
all soil over here doc! Kit's on it's way and I'm jumping out of my skin! I have a bunch of promix that I never got to use Can incorporate that into my kit? Thanks again doc.

all soil over here doc! Kit's on it's way and I'm jumping out of my skin! I have a bunch of promix that I never got to use Can incorporate that into my kit? Thanks again doc.

What kind of Promix? That's important!

Don't use the antifungal ones. Don't use anything with a starter charge, or coco....make sure you get Promix HP or BX (add perlite or similar product to increase porosity) Myko. If you can't get myko I can send you some extra Roots and you'll be just fine.

Promix HP Mycorhyza. That's the stuff. 3.8 cu ft of it.

Thanks Curso, looks like I will be looking into Hi brix :high-five:

I was basically running half and letting half cook while things flowered and flip flopped it.

We can use all the roots and organic matter from the pot (aside from woody stems they take forever to break down) and use it to feed the next round. "Rescued" soil if you will, some of us throw all our organic matter back, leaves and all that stuff that isnt usable as medicine gets cooked into the soil for the next round or top dressing. Free hummus...nothing is wrong with free hummus....

I noticed that in your journal yesterday Curso, amazing!

I have been mucking around with the bottled nute b.s. and just figured it was time to take a leap of faith after watching Hi Brix journals for a yr now.

Hoping to put everything together for a hi brix run by end of January from seed :Namaste:

I noticed that in your journal yesterday Curso, amazing!

I have been mucking around with the bottled nute b.s. and just figured it was time to take a leap of faith after watching Hi Brix journals for a yr now.

Hoping to put everything together for a hi brix run by end of January from seed :Namaste:

It's hard to go wrong starting from seed. I think you'll be really happy, provided your environment is good and you follow directions!

Pretty dang easy, really. Avoid fancy pots or schemes....large plastic or fabric pots work great. 7 gallons is the recommended size....larger is often better.

So I mixed up the promix HP with 20 lbs of organic earthworm castings and amendment but I divide it amongst 3- 27 gallon tubs dividing the castings and amendment equally. Will that be ok and still cook properly?

015502.JPG

Yes it will. These are 27 gal and they worked out fine. Not sure if it needs a complete seal but there was sweat on the lid when I checked soil moisture. Excited for the next run as I had this batch 2nd run cooking since April.

Peace,

Any2

015502.JPG

Yes it will. These are 27 gal and they worked out fine. Not sure if it needs a complete seal but there was sweat on the lid when I checked soil moisture. Excited for the next run as I had this batch 2nd run cooking since April.

Peace,

Any2

Those will work! The only thing I'd say is keep them in a warm place. A large volume of soil makes its own heat, while a smaller container will take on the temperature of the concrete it sits on. So, keep it in a nice warm place....mid 70's if possible.

Yep they have been indoors this whole time!

Hey Doc I have an "old" kit from April what is different with the new roots? Gonna take inventory of what I have but might need a few things, I will let you know.

Any2

Yep they have been indoors this whole time!

Hey Doc I have an "old" kit from April what is different with the new roots? Gonna take inventory of what I have but might need a few things, I will let you know.

Any2

Old Roots was rock powders and myko.
New Roots! is rock powders, myko, organic fertilizer, biochar and langbeinite. It no longer requires Transplant Water ( 1oz per gallon) and it adds some magnesium which some strains seem to require. It's just amazing stuff.

The new amendment is slightly tweaked as well. Nothing drastic, the old one will work perfectly well and you can add the new to the old with no problem.

015502.JPG

Peace,

Any2

Those are the exact same one's I'm using! Nice! Thanks guys. Thanks for the great service and quick shipping Doc.

Ok doc I have a question. I was going over this thread... The bale of promix I had was about a year old. It was sealed and never opened could it have expired in that time? Will I encounter any problems? I've already started cooking. Thanks for your help.

Hey everyone,

I am really enjoying the conversation here, and I totally want it to continue, but can we do the personal stuff on my Q&A thread? It's been a long time since I've posted new relevant stuff here and I'm going to be doing so and it's easier for people to search if the subject matter is a bit more dense.

Please discuss anything and everything, personal or professional on that thread.

But on this thread, let's keep it about the nuts and bolts of HIgh Brix growing. Please? Thanks everyone!

Doc

Hey doc, super random place to do this but I honestly just went for the first post of yours I came across. Could you set me up with details on this brix kit when you have a free minute? I'd love to read more and I'm considering doing a side-by-side with the AN system, thanks a lot!

Back
Top Bottom