In The Lab

hey doc im very interested in your kits, could you send me the info on it please ;) i am waiting on my equipment to arrive so i can start a journal and would love to do one with the high brix kit!

Starting at the beginning of this thread!! I'm only 2-3 years late to the party...haha!! W00t!!

:morenutes::popcorn::ganjamon:

Doc, I did read the directions. It says a quarter strength transplant for seed lings but didnt know how long. 5 sets of leaves answers my question for the sprays though.

The initial watering after planting is 1/4 strength Transplant. Then you could do nothing but water a couple times....first actual drench would be Growth Energy. 5 sets of leaves is a good starting point for both drenches and foliars.

The initial watering after planting is 1/4 strength Transplant. Then you could do nothing but water a couple times....first actual drench would be Growth Energy. 5 sets of leaves is a good starting point for both drenches and foliars.

Bookmarked.

That is awesome info, in my experience, trying to figure out how much of what to give little seedlings is scary. This helps sort out the beginning stages.

Starting at the beginning of this thread!! I'm only 2-3 years late to the party...haha!! W00t!!

:morenutes::popcorn::ganjamon:

You'll catch up in no time and learn tons and have lots of fun doing so. And if you decide to get a kit, you'll grow Snob Weed, Rare in most parts..
Spoiler..
Its like taking the Red Pill.. :)

Hey Doc, I am mapping out my High Brix Summer Adventure on paper. Getting my feeding/transplanting schedule down, stuff like that.

After mapping it out week by week I have a pretty good idea of how the drenches and foliars work and when to use them. But I was also left with a couple question:

1) When I start feedings (once the plants have 5 sets of leaves) should I start at the full 1/2oz Growth Energy & 2.5 mils of Tea, or should I cut it down to half that? Only going to give them water up until 5 sets of leaves. I hope to have them in their final 30 gallon containers by that point, as well as having the initial 1/4 strength Transplant Drench and a normal watering out of the way.

2)Transplant is mostly used after up potting, as well as in bloom correct? So up until buds set I should only be applying the Growth Energy Drench with the added Tea? (I realize some people give it every watering, but I am going to go mostly by the book. Might feed Transplant every watering during latter half of Bloom).

This is how I understand it...

SEEDLING: Water > Water > Water > Water > Water

VEG: Water > 1/2oz Growth Energy (+tea) > Water > 1/2oz Growth Energy (+tea) > Water ... Brix and Destress once a week, on different days.

STRETCH: Water > 1/2oz Growth Energy (+tea) > Water > 1/2oz Growth Energy (+tea) > Water ... Brix and Destress once a week, on different days.

ONCE BUDS HAVE SET: 1/2oz Cat Drench (+tea) > 1/2oz Cat Drench (+tea) > Water > 1/2oz Transplant (+tea) > Water ... Brix and Destress once a week, on different days.

UNTIL HARVEST: Water > 1/2oz Growth Energy (+tea) > Water > 1/2oz Transplant (+tea) > Water > 1/2oz Growth Energy (+tea) > Water > 1/2oz Transplant (+tea) ... Brix and Destress once a week, on different days.

I am growing 2 plants each in a 30gal cloth pot, so I figured I would fill my hose end sprayer with the correct amount and then water each of them evenly until it is gone and their pots are saturated.

Thanks in advance, anyone else feel free to comment on this schedule as well. I am a big advocated of preparation, I start cooking my soil April 1, so you can bet all of April I will be planning and making excel spread sheets of timelines and schedules and what not :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hi Max, and welcome...just wanted to point out something.....Doc is talking about 5 SETS of leaves before sprays....you mention 1st set of FIVE BLADED leaves. These are 2 different scenarios.....

Hi Max, and welcome...just wanted to point out something.....Doc is talking about 5 SETS of leaves before sprays....you mention 1st set of FIVE BLADED leaves. These are 2 different scenarios.....

Ahhh, thank you very much for pointing that out... Most people reference first set of 5-bladed leaves, so I guess I went straight to default and misread! Sorry! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Regardless, it will be way easier to get my babies transplanted by 5 sets of leaves rather than the first set of 5-bladed leaves :cheesygrinsmiley:

No worries, Max, I just harvested my first brix grow this week, so I'm quite new myself...I had to map it all out on the calendar as well. Just wanted to check that difference at the front door....it is a subtle one but the devil is in the details.....

No worries, Max, I just harvested my first brix grow this week, so I'm quite new myself...I had to map it all out on the calendar as well. Just wanted to check that difference at the front door....it is a subtle one but the devil is in the details.....

I agree 110% :cheesygrinsmiley:

One of the reasons I went ahead and posted that question. I always feel bad posting questions like that, because I am sure they are a no-brainer for Doc and other High Brix gurus around here. But it's a completely new process to me, and I won't be happy unless I have pre-planned to the maximum... that's just how I am :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks again for the help.

I do not neikodog, but thanks for asking....I have just made a lot of cool friends that allow me to hang out with them in their journals and answer my questions....

You'll catch up in no time and learn tons and have lots of fun doing so. And if you decide to get a kit, you'll grow Snob Weed, Rare in most parts..
Spoiler..
Its like taking the Red Pill.. :)

I'm up to page 24! What's really cool is watching the progress Doc makes from 2 years ago as it's going along....been watching Lemon Paki frost like Christmas! heheh

Oh wait...I don't even know where I'm at....hahaha :rofl:

I'm on pg24 of "Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures" :Rasta:

Hey Doc, I am mapping out my High Brix Summer Adventure on paper. Getting my feeding/transplanting schedule down, stuff like that.

After mapping it out week by week I have a pretty good idea of how the drenches and foliars work and when to use them. But I was also left with a couple question:

1) When I start feedings (once the plants have 5 sets of leaves) should I start at the full 1/2oz Growth Energy & 2.5 mils of Tea, or should I cut it down to half that? Only going to give them water up until 5 sets of leaves. I hope to have them in their final 30 gallon containers by that point, as well as having the initial 1/4 strength Transplant Drench and a normal watering out of the way.

2)Transplant is mostly used after up potting, as well as in bloom correct? So up until buds set I should only be applying the Growth Energy Drench with the added Tea? (I realize some people give it every watering, but I am going to go mostly by the book. Might feed Transplant every watering during latter half of Bloom).

VEG: Water > 1/2oz Growth Energy (+tea) > Water > 1/2oz Growth Energy (+tea) > Water ... Brix and Destress once a week, on different days.

STRETCH: Water > 1/2oz Growth Energy (+tea) > Water > 1/2oz Growth Energy (+tea) > Water ... Brix and Destress once a week, on different days.

ONCE BUDS HAVE SET: 1/2oz Cat Drench (+tea) > 1/2oz Cat Drench (+tea) > Water > 1/2oz Transplant (+tea) > Water ... Brix and Destress once a week, on different days.

UNTIL HARVEST: Water > 1/2oz Growth Energy (+tea) > Water > 1/2oz Transplant (+tea) > Water > 1/2oz Growth Energy (+tea) > Water > 1/2oz Transplant (+tea) ... Brix and Destress once a week, on different days.

I am growing 2 plants each in a 30gal cloth pot, so I figured I would fill my hose end sprayer with the correct amount and then water each of them evenly until it is gone and their pots are saturated.

Thanks in advance, anyone else feel free to comment on this schedule as well. I am a big advocated of preparation, I start cooking my soil April 1, so you can bet all of April I will be planning and making excel spread sheets of timelines and schedules and what not :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Max - Did you get an answer to your post? I was looking forward to the answer, but missed it.

Max - Did you get an answer to your post? I was looking forward to the answer, but missed it.

Sorry if I missed it.

Originally Posted by MaxYields

Thanks in advance, anyone else feel free to comment on this schedule as well. I am a big advocated of preparation, I start cooking my soil April 1, so you can bet all of April I will be planning and making excel spread sheets of timelines and schedules and what not

This looks like a good plan except I'd add 1/4 strength Transplant to each and every watering. Other than that, solid. You'll more comfortable with everything as you go.

Max, I love your style, bro :high-five:

Sorry if I missed it.

This looks like a good plan except I'd add 1/4 strength Transplant to each and every watering. Other than that, solid. You'll more comfortable with everything as you go.

Hey Doc, just to clarify for me because I thought this was answered differently before. Other than at transplant, I thought the 1/4 transplant water was only given during flower. Did I mis-understand that?

Back
Top Bottom