Innovative lighting with LEDs

20151207_210943.jpg

Hey everyone, just came up with this little idea. There are 150+ 6000k LEDs circled around each of the planter pots(2). Totally waterproof by the way. I've heard illuminating the under growth will help with the "popcorn". Please give your opinions on my lighting idea. Cheers all.

hmm, first of all I like new interesting/innovative ways of lighting. I will give you credit for effort and creativity here.
I suggest going further with this idea, moving the LEDs away from the base up slightly higher to the first leaves. I have a hunch that you might see a increased effect.
Do be aware that strip (most cheaper White LEDs) LEDs are still quite monochromatic and ~33% of the light will be reflected entirely by the leaves.

Going with fewer larger full spectrum emitters would be ideal in a kind of power efficient side lightning application.

keep us updated and document carefully! :)

I was hoping it would be enough to illuminate the undergrowth but it hasn't paned out.. It works great for manicuring the girls they glow nice and bright allowing for easy viewing of the lower stems so I can manipulate them towards the light... Please check out my journal. Just getting it up and started.

Back
Top Bottom