Invi's Second Attempt - Some Classic Strains

good weed to you Invi:)

Best weed to you Sir Fish! :)

i use Monterey Garden Insect Spray with Spinosad and Monterey All Natural 3 in 1 Garden Insect Spray.

Thanks!
So it seems Spinosad is the key, all the above have that. Quick, gotta order some before i need it!

I made some more shots just to check growth, 3 days between the 2 pics - ok i couldn't wait a whole week, got to train that skill :)

and also half inch hairs spotted :)

Lemon still looks weird, but i like weird things quite often :) Hope its not the heat killing the tops!
I also found another vent, so air moves pretty nice. Only trouble is the damn device wont turn on when the timer turns on the power - i have to manually press the retarded on/off button every time. Have to buy a new one because of this lol...

All in all i like the garden pretty much - expected the girls to look much worse under the given conditions. Could be better of course, but that is what the next harvest for usually :)

good weed to yall :ganjamon:

Hah i did some electric stuff and there is more to come - it so scary :)
Finally moved them ballasts out of the room where the flower tent is, added 10' between the ballast and the ignitor/bulb. Was afraid that they wont work with longer cables, but it seems the short distance is only required between the ignitor and the bulb. Temps got 5-10F lower - that might just save the girls life in the summer heat!

Also found an electrician who can build the relay/switch to hook on the CO2 meter - will be done this week hopefully. When its done ill also time the exhaust vent. It can replace the volume of the room in 3 mins so maybe 5mins / hour will keep the temps down. Exhaust is near ceiling, intake is only possible from about floor level so in theory it should suck out the hot air first - hopefullly i won't have to run that noisy thing for too long..

Anyone has any solution to make an inline vent a bit more sound-proof? At this volume it will wake me up in the night possibly. Or could i just fasten a 4.5" PC fan on the duct, and never use the loud one inside the wall..?
Perhaps 2 PC fans on both sides of the 3" duct would speed things up?

There is so much tech going on now... im like a caveman in a spaceship :)
Winter grows will be really peaceful though, hids will keep up proper temps - seems ill have techie and relaxed grows too.

Girls kinda stopped growing - maybe fowers got a tiny bit bigger. Ill make some new pics later just to see how tiny is tiny.
Gained a lot of height though until now. Had 15-20" distance at flip, some (especially orange bud and herer) have reached the lamp's height here and there.
Thats a bit more strech i got used to and i got about 7500 lumen/sq foot - not sure why they streched so much. I can add some CFLs if needed - ill have to raise the bulbs a bit again which means even less lumens.. Could also lst higher branches a bit more - just afraid they won't like that while in flower.

Anyway this is already 10x more i wanted to write -
good weed, cheers :)

sounds like you got a COOL plan in the works! good luck:)

sounds like you got a COOL plan in the works! good luck:)

Good weed Fish! :)
I hope it will work.. and that 90F can be cool :)

Anyways i made some pics, tried the same angle as before

Lemon still looks alien

I get now what happens when i don't top - no bush just the huge branches. Next grow ill have time to top them and wait for the bushiness

they look a bit pk hungry so i hit them with the flowering nutes already - lemon might have already got too much N.

Can hardly call these flowers yet, but they look lovely :)
northern lights blue

widow

orange bud

more nl blue

cheers

very nice Invi!
good weed buddy:)

awesome plants man :cheer: subbed!
Hahh thanks man! You made your first post over here - cool :) Welcome in the garden, have a nice stay!

Girls are starting to show there beuaty.
Thanks for dropping by wildbill! I plan to let them do that throuout the grow.. curious if it will work :):)

very nice Invi!
good weed buddy:)
Good weed Fish! Thanks and have a nice day :) Im always surprised what conditions weed can overcome...

Im a bit sad too - none of the clones rooted yet - they are 15 days 'old', i have removed the cover a week ago, only water them once a day (and only make the jiffy wet, not the leaves since i saw brownish spots on them).
Do you think they still have a chance?

Probably my rooting hormone was too old (1 year old clonex)...
Does superthrive also expire within a year?

Should i cut some more in flower day 15? Or do these have a chance - i see no roots coming out of the jiffies anywhere...
This herer pheno looks real strong and the lemon pheno look so much different from the ones i saw in videos - would be nice to keep them at least until harvest.

Hahh thanks man! You made your first post over here - cool :) Welcome in the garden, have a nice stay!

Thanks for dropping by wildbill! I plan to let them do that throuout the grow.. curious if it will work :):)

Good weed Fish! Thanks and have a nice day :) Im always surprised what conditions weed can overcome...

Im a bit sad too - none of the clones rooted yet - they are 15 days 'old', i have removed the cover a week ago, only water them once a day (and only make the jiffy wet, not the leaves since i saw brownish spots on them).
Do you think they still have a chance?

Probably my rooting hormone was too old (1 year old clonex)...
Does superthrive also expire within a year?

Should i cut some more in flower day 15? Or do these have a chance - i see no roots coming out of the jiffies anywhere...
This herer pheno looks real strong and the lemon pheno look so much different from the ones i saw in videos - would be nice to keep them at least until harvest.

Yep, they still have a chance and I bet they do have roots. I will tell you how I clone in soil; I take the cutting, do the hormone just like you did, I leave em under a dome for a week, then out of the dome for a week, I mist periodically when they're out of the dome, and at 14 days they are plants. I prefer an aerocloner...100% success...every time~

Yep, they still have a chance and I bet they do have roots. I will tell you how I clone in soil; I take the cutting, do the hormone just like you did, I leave em under a dome for a week, then out of the dome for a week, I mist periodically when they're out of the dome, and at 14 days they are plants. I prefer an aerocloner...100% success...every time~

Hey McLoadie!

Yeah you cloner is really nice - when i saw it i decided that i should DIY a smaller one soon. The only thing i'm not sure how to make is the little misters.
I did the very same as you so far, so thanks, ill keep the hopes up and send them the good vibes.
I think it's a clonex problem since last year i made 24 clones, and all survived. And all had visible roots within 7 days.
Would it be better to put them in soil already - or wait until the roots show up on the sides?

aww would be so great if some of them survived...

Hey McLoadie!

Yeah you cloner is really nice - when i saw it i decided that i should DIY a smaller one soon. The only thing i'm not sure how to make is the little misters.
I did the very same as you so far, so thanks, ill keep the hopes up and send them the good vibes.
I think it's a clonex problem since last year i made 24 clones, and all survived. And all had visible roots within 7 days.
Would it be better to put them in soil already - or wait until the roots show up on the sides?

aww would be so great if some of them survived...

You gotta buy the misters.....mine has ten, what are you using to make yours? type in aeroponic spray nozzles, I have the red ones.

You gotta buy the misters.....mine has ten, what are you using to make yours? type in aeroponic spray nozzles, I have the red ones.

5-10 slots would be enough. I think i found something similar locally, thanks!

I was looking at the pics and started wondering about the absence of any nute burn.. even though they got fed 1.0ec every 2nd day recently and now 1.4 ec last time.
I might really have to go along the highest schedule and then a bit more? Or im on the way to overfeed them... but why no burn then o,O
And with cannas 2-2-4 ratio it will be easy to overdose with N. I hope as long as the tops stay lighter green there is no N overdose yet.

Made a lemon shot with normal lights - does it look like too much N? Don't want to repeat the issues i had with the blueberry last year.

And the heat should make leaves curl up a bit on the sides, not down... its often 90F in there.

Invi - so your plants are growing fine in high temps?
I just planted my seeds couple of days ago, no seedlings yet but im runnin 400w hps light and temps range btwn 81-88
should i consider something else to cool it down or would it be possible to grow til harvest in those temps? (for once :))
I checked your first grow and your yeld was great, i know u was growing in high temps but did u try to give em some cold sometime or its been hot since they broke the ground?

thnx :)

good weedend Invi:)

Invi - so your plants are growing fine in high temps?
I just planted my seeds couple of days ago, no seedlings yet but im runnin 400w hps light and temps range btwn 81-88
should i consider something else to cool it down or would it be possible to grow til harvest in those temps? (for once :))
I checked your first grow and your yeld was great, i know u was growing in high temps but did u try to give em some cold sometime or its been hot since they broke the ground?

thnx :)

Hey Carterhkrs!

What i could do during previous grow was to keep the grow room door open, and have 3 bigger vents circulate and suck in the air through the door. As soon as temps got above 87-88 (31 deg), they started to look really bad. For those plants (and with my growing conditions) that was a really sharp limit.
During this grow temps are between 86 - 94F; and with the additional CO2 this seems to be working fine so far.
You can also move the day cycle to night time so ambient temps will be lower
- put the ballast out of the room (for me this was ~6F difference now)
- increase air circulation a lot and exchange the air often (this is a must at high temps)
- buy or make a cooltube for the HPS - never tried this since its glass filters my lights, id rather raise an inch or two
- buy a really well constructed LED that can get close to a HPS in efficiency
- or add CO2, that will push the optimal range to 90-95F @ 1500ppm concentration and also requires elevated humidity of 40-60% (its no scientific data, just seen the numbers in some posts on the net). Lower ppms require lower temps/humidity. Anyway this matches my 1 month experience as well... Oh and lets not forget the light - you need 7500 lumens/sq foot for CO2 (in case of HPS).

Also sometimes i just took them out of the grow room, and if it was raining i put them under the rain, or just sprayed some water on them, let em breathe. Waited until they got dry and put them back under the lights. Every plant should feel the real rain once anyway:)

Heard people talking about dry ice, but thats only viable if you live next to a dry ice factory i guess..

I think of all these methods the only one that can increase yield is the co2. I can't say if they grow better then last years gilrs (loos like it though, but thats what i want to see too :) ), as these are all different strains, but they clearly take a huge amount of food. I'm feeding more nutes then ever, and i see P&K def on most leaves in the bottom.

Well, i think im out of ideas.. if you know some other viable tricks share please! :)

good weedend Invi:)
Hahh Good Weed Sir Fish!

Happy to see you here :) I'm happy anyways since the gilrs grow, and ill be on holiday from next tuesday hihi

I will catch up with the electric guy soon and have him build my CO2 'controller' - for ~20 f'in bucks muha!
Ill walk back to the growshop and show them how this $220 device does the same as their 2000$ one... every growshop rips people off so bad? Or does this only happen where i live..

Back
Top Bottom