Is it possible for my plants to be too short and bushy?

Yes what Turbo said, although i appreciate the insight. I like short plants, but being new to LED lamps I was stunned at just how tight these nodes were. I'm an old fart been doing this a long time, and I've never seen anything like it. I'm certainly not complaining, I just want to make sure air can get in to what I hope are some big fat nugs. I didn't realize how beefy and branchy all my plants are. I guess I vegged them 5 weeks, and they have been flowering since yesterday. I forgot how much fun it is to gaze upon them.

BTW, the big ass fans, take 'em or leave them what's the consensus? My past experimentation has led me to only cut a leaf it is really in the way of a big bud site, or hanging down and blocking air to the plants base.

Too short/small of a plant structure won't fill the floor space, wasted lights, poor exposure for lower portions. There are quite a few draw backs to overly compact plants. I run some space buckets so I'm all about little plants, but if they are too compact it makes issues. Your lux meter is really only good for balancing light distribution with LEDs. Par is what matters.

If you want to look at some interesting articles take a look at this post :

Blue Dream x Tutankhamon x Green Crack

Those look pretty good to me. I put mine into 12/12 I didn't realize how bushy they are. How big are those pots?
They are #3 which is 3 US gallons filled right to the top but who does that! So really its more like 2.5 gallons. ( 9 3/4" hi, 10" diameter at top)

Why you guys complaining about bushy plants?
I am just not used to such a dense plant having been out of the hobby for 30 years! My lux meter says 18,000 at 24", and I do plan on increasing the light when flowering, I just don't see a need be brighter just yet as they are so dense and seem to be doing great. Here is the most recent pix of my three varieties at 46 days.

Back
Top Bottom