Blue Dream x Tutankhamon x Green Crack

Week 5 update :

I made my best to put the bigger tops on the sides. This allow the center of the plant which is lower, to receive more light and avoid as well the higher tops to suffer from light burn

As you can see different top leaves show burn signs. This is cause of foliar feeding with too strong mix 2 weeks ago then when the plant recovered i tried foliar spraying again but that time with lights off. However it seems the problem wasn't the light but the mix which may have been too strong for foliar spraying. So I stopped doing this. Even if I had done many trimming I had left a good amount of leaves so I don't think they re suffering too much of those burnt higher leaves.

Can't wait to see them in 3 weeks. I really hope to see bigger buds than my first grow as that time everything has been better (lights, pots, feeding (except the foliar stuff), air circulation, ph, temps, and they had good 10 weeks veg from seed)

Cheers

I've completely stopped foliar feeding. Never seemed to help anything that I did. I think when the roots are uptaking as much as they can through good regular feedings than the stuff you give the plants foliar-wise doesn't even get absorbed and then causes problems. Not to mention the added moisture on the plant which is something I'm always trying to get rid of on leaves.

Plants are looking fine though! Just a few weeks left...

I've completely stopped foliar feeding. Never seemed to help anything that I did. I think when the roots are uptaking as much as they can through good regular feedings than the stuff you give the plants foliar-wise doesn't even get absorbed and then causes problems. Not to mention the added moisture on the plant which is something I'm always trying to get rid of on leaves.

Plants are looking fine though! Just a few weeks left...

I think you are absolutely true! It seems damn logical! I Should ve thought of it sooner. I ll know. I ve learnt so much again! Thanks for your input

Week 5 update :

I made my best to put the bigger tops on the sides. This allow the center of the plant which is lower, to receive more light and avoid as well the higher tops to suffer from light burn

As you can see different top leaves show burn signs. This is cause of foliar feeding with too strong mix 2 weeks ago then when the plant recovered i tried foliar spraying again but that time with lights off. However it seems the problem wasn't the light but the mix which may have been too strong for foliar spraying. So I stopped doing this. Even if I had done many trimming I had left a good amount of leaves so I don't think they re suffering too much of those burnt higher leaves.

Can't wait to see them in 3 weeks. I really hope to see bigger buds than my first grow as that time everything has been better (lights, pots, feeding (except the foliar stuff), air circulation, ph, temps, and they had good 10 weeks veg from seed)

Cheers
Looking good

Hi guys,

Lil update. Today is 2 weeks from flipping. I did some shaving and took quick pictures :

Blue dream :

IMAG15055.jpg
IMAG15104.jpg

Tutankhamon 1 :

IMAG15065.jpg

Tutankhamon 2 :

IMAG15075.jpg

Green crack and blue dream in the back

IMAG15115.jpg

IMAG15095.jpg

On part of each plant is taller than the other one. This is because there was a part under full spectrum toplanet 600w led (the taller) vs the other part under bestva 1000w blue and red led. Both parts was receiving the same amount of lumens but it seems the full spectrum give better results. I had already seen a video showing quickly if you go through it that the guy comparing both was getting better results with white full spectrum :

[video=youtube_share;Cx90nHDg4_s]
[/video]

I have also ordered some terpinator to use in foliar spray. I m sure to get better results buy feeding soil as using and adding some terpinator and bio boost by foliar spraying. I saw some articles saying doing both were providing good results without nutrients burn. Don't remember the links but Google it you will find it (weed foliar spray). I really want to get the best of this grow that's taking me a long time.

Regarding the lights I could then replace my bestva 1000w and my 2 zjchao 1000 watts thanks to Amazon support. So I have now 2 x toplant full spectrum 600w that are working great till now. So my grow room as a better covering of full spectrum as I have 3 white leds out of 5 and placed smartly
Now let's just wait!

IMAG15127.jpg
Lumens are for Humans. Lux/Lumens are a measurement of brightness to the human eyes. It means nothing to the plants. This is why the plants do better under the full spectrum light, better called a broad spectrum light. Full spectrum only exists under the sun! So the Broad spectrum light provide a better Umol output for the plants compared to the high lumen lights.

Nice plants though!

Klaus

Lumens are for Humans. Lux/Lumens are a measurement of brightness to the human eyes. It means nothing to the plants. This is why the plants do better under the full spectrum light, better called a broad spectrum light. Full spectrum only exists under the sun! So the Broad spectrum light provide a better Umol output for the plants compared to the high lumen lights.

Nice plants though!

Klaus

If you want another point have view take a look at these going from the top to bottom :

The Key to Maximum Yield

How to Use a Cheap Lux Meter to Increase Yields | Grow Weed Easy

converting lux to par - Reef Central Online Community

Best Par Meter For LED lights

I don't see the buds growing really big. I remember again 3 weeks ago when I started foliar feeding the leaves and buds were growing huge and fast. I think the terpinator + biocanna bioboost mix and foliar spraying were too strong for will. I ve read people who had buds shrinking cause of over fertilization. I think that s unfortunately what happened to me. I looked at the 4/20 flip thread and people who flipped after me have bigger buds (whatever the media and strain they re growing). I followed the recommendations of manufacturers for feeding except the foliar stuff. I m so disappointed of what I did. Now it s too late so I ll just finish the grow coming back to 12/12 and stop feeding..... The advanced nutrients connoisseur recommand to stop by week 6 so I m in the time range. Damn it! I feel so stupid. The plants were looking and growing wonderful. Instead if thinking that I should have just kept doing what I had always done, I thought I could get things even better. Noob mistake I guess.....

Don't beat yourself up buddy. You are doing great and you are learning so much from the stumbles along the way.

I think we all try to push our girls too much - sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I keep reminding myself less is more.

so after week 7 my plants got real bad nutrient burn... i think from over feeding and one devoloped nitro tox possibly... turned yellow pretty quick, too late to do anything but flush. pretty sure my buds stopped growing on the 1 with tox.

Marijuana plants are strong growers and good chance you will recover and be able to harvest a nice crop. It is amazing how much abuse they can take and still reward us.

Thanks for your support guys. I m just not happy about myself. I screwed it up. Had everything done to get big buds and now whatever happens it won't be any sort of miracle. When we all know how long it takes to grow trained plants, how much effort etc.... Looking at the size of the flowers I could have got the same size of buds with half the lights. It s like because of my mistake I ve wasted power for nothing........

Anyway I may get at least 8oz considering the size of the plants so I ll just have to start a new grow sooner than I had planned what will highly bother my girlfriend

@Derbybud @Kingjoe83 do you think I should trim those little buds? You can see the bigger tops to compare. It s pictures from one of the tutankhamon :

Tomorrow will be week 6. Even if tutankhamon is 8 weeks strain, looking at the buds makes me think it will take 3 weeks more. I guess it s also cause of the fact I was in 12.45/11.15 since yesterday

Your advices will be very appreciated

@Derbybud @Kingjoe83 do you think I should trim those little buds? You can see the bigger tops to compare. It s pictures from one of the tutankhamon :

Tomorrow will be week 6. Even if tutankhamon is 8 weeks strain, looking at the buds makes me think it will take 3 weeks more. I guess it s also cause of the fact I was in 12.45/11.15 since yesterday

Your advices will be very appreciated
I’d personally say leave them keep for butter or oil or pressing etc .

Why I say that your wondering kinda late in the game this point I feel the plant is investing into the bud Development.

If it was say week two or less sure but best for right after stretch then go remove what you want so as soon as you see pistils coming.

I’d personally say leave them keep for butter or oil or pressing etc .

Why I say that your wondering kinda late in the game this point I feel the plant is investing into the bud Development.

If it was say week two or less sure but best for right after stretch then go remove what you want so as soon as you see pistils coming.

Thanks

I asked cause @Derbybud trimmed lil buds on day 29 so as I found it late I wonder maybe even day 41 wasn't that late :p

Thanks

I asked cause @Derbybud trimmed lil buds on day 29 so as I found it late I wonder maybe even day 41 wasn't that late :p
Mayeb try one plant and leave others so you can know for next time let me know what you conclude too please :Namaste:

I did do my defol way late. I was on vacation and had no other option as i wasn't getting any airflow and would be worried about mold or bud rot as it was just too dense for these plants. That said Joe nailed it. A heavy defol 1 week before flip and right after stretch is the best scenario for your plants to not miss a beat. If those little buds you have circle are getting some light I would leave them go like Joe said. Make some oil or budder out of them. Then make some yummy cookies. Cause everyone likes cookies.

I did do my defol way late. I was on vacation and had no other option as i wasn't getting any airflow and would be worried about mold or bud rot as it was just too dense for these plants. That said Joe nailed it. A heavy defol 1 week before flip and right after stretch is the best scenario for your plants to not miss a beat. If those little buds you have circle are getting some light I would leave them go like Joe said. Make some oil or budder out of them. Then make some yummy cookies. Cause everyone likes cookies.

Thank you both guys! I will do that. I also changed the position of a blue dream to allow more light penetration to those little down buds. I ll update tomorrow week 6 pictures even if I feel a bit ashamed of how my plants are looking because of the spraying stuff. They don't look like week 6 plants..... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom