Blue Dream x Tutankhamon x Green Crack

Do you have anything boosting PK? I know we’ve been over that spraying wasn’t a great idea but Terpinator recommends that it can be used the entire lifecycle. I think it’s likely not the only reason these have been had a rough last week or so but was a big contributor.

How did you flush when you flushed them out? Straight tap water? Do you measure PPMs of your feeds?

Do you have anything boosting PK? I know we’ve been over that spraying wasn’t a great idea but Terpinator recommends that it can be used the entire lifecycle. I think it’s likely not the only reason these have been had a rough last week or so but was a big contributor.

How did you flush when you flushed them out? Straight tap water? Do you measure PPMs of your feeds?

I wrote everything I m using

Flushed with tap then water with adjusted ph-ed water.

I do think the spraying is the reason for this cause they were looking wonderful and 2 days after spraying a woke up in the morning and saw the leaves add shrinked overnight

Oh yeah. I’m not doubting that one bit but almost everything is fixable. Have you tried giving them a heavy watering with an even feeding ratio of N-P-K? I always like doing this when isssues arise as it gives the plant the ability to have an even amount of all the nutrients to choose from to help get itself better. Your feed schedule probably says flower nutes but I’d give them an even mix of everything and see what happens.

When a plant locks out from problems and then we flush it, it is leaving the plant with nothing to recover with. Then we go right back to the normal feed schedule again and the plants still haven’t recovered. If for instance you are having Nitrogen problems in flower and we flush the plant we are left with nothing. Then we go right back to feeding them something heavy in P and K and where is the plant ever going to get N from to recover? Just maybe worth looking into. Soil takes longer than coco to start showing signs of getting better and maybe you are seeing improvements. If so then keep on doing what you are doing. If not maybe give idea a thought.

Oh yeah. I’m not doubting that one bit but almost everything is fixable. Have you tried giving them a heavy watering with an even feeding ratio of N-P-K? I always like doing this when isssues arise as it gives the plant the ability to have an even amount of all the nutrients to choose from to help get itself better. Your feed schedule probably says flower nutes but I’d give them an even mix of everything and see what happens.

When a plant locks out from problems and then we flush it, it is leaving the plant with nothing to recover with. Then we go right back to the normal feed schedule again and the plants still haven’t recovered. If for instance you are having Nitrogen problems in flower and we flush the plant we are left with nothing. Then we go right back to feeding them something heavy in P and K and where is the plant ever going to get N from to recover? Just maybe worth looking into. Soil takes longer than coco to start showing signs of getting better and maybe you are seeing improvements. If so then keep on doing what you are doing. If not maybe give idea a thought.

Thanks for your help. I have always read everywhere that once a leaf was burnt or showed signs of nutrient problem, she won't heal. The signal that the plant is recovering is that new growth are healthy. There isnt much new growth in flowing except the buds and they are ok imo. The green crack yellow color started with the spray so I don't think it s a deficiency but more a nut burn. So I don't think they lack nitrogen. If the down leaves add trouble as well I would try adding more N but it s really only the upper parts. So regarding how it started I don't see how it could be anything else than spraying with too strong mix + spraying under lights on

I prefer not risking any excess of N as the plant has less needs of it in flowering. Also remember that I had transplanted before flowering in larger pot. So when the roots started to hit the new soil they could also access to fresh N (biobizz mix)

Take a look at the down part of the green crack plant which has the yellowing tops :

I ve always read that deficiencies signs start with the bottom leaves.... Burn from lights and nuts appear first on the upper leaves. So again looking at everything and how it started, I don't see anything else than water spraying under lights on and with a mix of bioboost + terpinator that was way too strong. Also there is chance bioboost and terpinator share some common nutes. So mixing both products may not be the best idea

Edit : forgot to mention that any curl leaf you can see where already curled in veg. This was before I fixed the ph of the soil. But as you can see it s mostly green and look ok for a almost 7 weeks flowering plant

@Asesino85 regarding my last input and pictures do you still think I should add more nitrogen?

I was more just using that as an example, not saying you have a nitrogen deficiency. If the buds and new growth seem ok then just keep doing what you are doing but even in flower I’ll give them 1-1-1 NPK at a lower than normal PPM if something looks off.

The hard part is I grow in coco and the turn around is much faster than in soil when you are trying to fix plants.

Thank you guys for taking time to help me.

The advanced nutrients is :

A = 3-0-0 npk
B= 2-4-10 npk

Shouldn't that be enough?

At the mean time I wrote to terpinator to ask them about the foliar feeding and here is the answer they gave me :

Thanks for reaching out to us in regards to your question about Terpinator usage.

Terpinator is not meant for use as a foliar spray. It was designed to be applied as a root drench or through a hydroponic/drip irrigation system.

We would recommend continuing use of Terpinator per the label's instructions. For reference, approximately 4L = 1 Gallon, so when measuring out how much Terpinator to use, you are going to want to make sure you are using the proper conversion rate. It would be best to use it at a maximum of 25mL/Gallon, or 6.25mL/Liter.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

I think you already figured that out... LOL!

I agree with @Asesino85 I would continue doing what you’re doing and watch the new growth. I believe you’re already on the mend.

I truly believe the feeding is good. I m using the recommanded dosage and always add 1 more liter of water to dilute it a bit more. Thursday will be week 7 so I ll stop the feeding on tutankhamon and green crack which will have 7-10 days to go. I ll keep feeding the blue dreams as they may have 2-3 weeks more to go. One of the blue dream is really looking bad. I hope she will finish. I ll post pictures on Thursday for the week 7 update.

The lesson was hard with the terpinator foliar spaying stuff. This grow should have been great with huge harvest. Now I don't think I ll do more than 8-9 Oz which is good for what it is but very poor for 5 plants that looked like this :

And add plenty of lights, air flow, etc..
This grow started in mid-november and we are past mid-march! You can't imagine how disappointed I am

Tomorrow will be week 7 flowering :

Sorry to post those not healthy plants pictures. The spraying terpinator really harm them nasty..... Already flushed then add only advanced nutrients connoisseur A+B

As you can see one of the blue dream is on a bad path. She still have 3 weeks left and not sure she will finish with any smokable bud. We ll see

Hope to do better in my next grow

They still look like they will give you some loving.

Hard lessons like that are always the hardest to take.

Keep it Frosty Bud.:cool: and heres to next round:passitleft:

Thank you for your words. Next one will be better :)

Everything is almost ready I m just waiting for the last seeds to arrive.

The damaged area is colorful but I like the looks of the buds - that's what counts of course. I think you will still produce quite well. We learn from our little stumbles but get up only to run.

I ve gone in different journals and @Troy01 you re a killer! Always there giving advices and help to people! That s wonderful! When I subscribed here I wasn't looking for any help as I had read tons of stuffs. I wanted to share everything I had learned. I hope some of the articles and videos could help some people. It s too bad I did the terpinator spraying mistake cause I really wanted to show how a luxmeter can dramatically increase yields. Now this grow won't be able to prove it but I hope to succeed the next one and provide people good results. Anyway thank you so much dude cause I think anyone growing plants has some kind of love for nature and for people. And this love is even more wonderful when it is shared :)

Flash your doing a great job. We all have made mistakes and kick our selves in the ass for them but the good thing is we learn and move on. I screwed up my first DWC but accidently unplugging the air bubbler - root rot followed - Ugh...

I learn something new every day. The great thing about journals are that we bare ourselves to both success and failure but others can learn from both our successes and little slips.

What's the line up for your next grow?

Flash your doing a great job. We all have made mistakes and kick our selves in the ass for them but the good thing is we learn and move on. I screwed up my first DWC but accidently unplugging the air bubbler - root rot followed - Ugh...

I learn something new every day. The great thing about journals are that we bare ourselves to both success and failure but others can learn from both our successes and little slips.

What's the line up for your next grow?

Nothing to add! Agree everything you ve said!

Next grow is going to be see of green attempt in rockwool.

Instead of growing 3 or 4 trained plants, I ll save time growing 11 small plants. 2 x 60L pots filled with coco mat on the bottom, a layer of platinum soil grow mix and on top of it 4x20x20x20cm rockwool cube in each pot. And a last smaller pot between the two bigs with cocomat as well on the bottom and 3 x 15x15x13cm rockwool. If the little pot becomes too crowded I just train the 3 plants of this pot for growing one bud. It s kind of experiment pot as I had 2 fastbuds auto seeds I never used and know won't be using as I ve realized from my first grow that photos are just easier to manage as you have more control. First 60L pot will contains 4 green crack humboldt and the other one 4 blue dream humboldt ( I love those strains)

I plan 3 weeks veg then switch. I linked an example of scrog video in this thread maybe the page before that one

Today is week 7

One of the two blue dream doesn't seem to recover from the terpinator spraying. I m thinking about throwing it away to give to other plans more space and lights for their last two weeks. What do you think of it guys?

I don't see how I ll be able to trim this as it is getting more and more dry and crispy

Nothing to add! Agree everything you ve said!

Next grow is going to be see of green attempt in rockwool.

Instead of growing 3 or 4 trained plants, I ll save time growing 11 small plants. 2 x 60L pots filled with coco mat on the bottom, a layer of platinum soil grow mix and on top of it 4x20x20x20cm rockwool cube in each pot. And a last smaller pot between the two bigs with cocomat as well on the bottom and 3 x 15x15x13cm rockwool. If the little pot becomes too crowded I just train the 3 plants of this pot for growing one bud. It s kind of experiment pot as I had 2 fastbuds auto seeds I never used and know won't be using as I ve realized from my first grow that photos are just easier to manage as you have more control. First 60L pot will contains 4 green crack humboldt and the other one 4 blue dream humboldt ( I love those strains)

I plan 3 weeks veg then switch. I linked an example of scrog video in this thread maybe the page before that one

Sounds like a great experiment. I love trying out new things. Look forward to following.

Update from my previous post.

I decided to remove the sick blue dream from the grow space. This allow more light and space for the tutankhamon that still have between 1 and 2 weeks to go.

I placed the blue dream under a 300w led light considering that as she s already hurt, i don't think giving her plenty of light was the best thing for her so now the light is quieter. I ve tried to trim any sick leaf. I did also some backbuilding. The tops of some buds were really burnt so as I don't think I could ve smoked it I removed it. If the plant was fighting to heal those sick leaves that weren't taking much light because of being too highly damaged, maybe she will have a rest and maybe thrive. I truly don't think it s worst than how she was before doing it. Anyway will see. And at least I tried to save her and also crated better air circulation and lights too lower bud sites that were hidden before by the blue dream :

I also bend a branch of the sick blue dream to get more light as bending has always worked well for me

Back
Top Bottom