Blue Dream x Tutankhamon x Green Crack

Plants are really looking nice. I was intrigued by your paint spray for foliar feeding. At first I was afraid it might be have had too high of a pressure but looks like it works well.

I spray all the time with the lights on but limit my spray to about 500 ppm. So far I haven't seen any burning or spotting. In my case I am only putting my regular nutrients on them.

The paint spray works wonderful! The only downside is the noise. Other than that it s working perfectly without being too strong at all! I m glad I bought it! My fingers thank me. I also bought a bowl trimmer. I ll dry the whole plants for more taste then trim easily when fan leaves are dry with the trimming machine gently.

Regarding my leaves trouble I think all the things said about it are true. I again read some stuff that look like it :

I flushed quickly so I think they will be OK. I ll also only water ph adjusted for the next 2 watering what will allow them to have almost one week to rest and heal. Looking forward to next Thursday! Will be 4 weeks flowering. They didn't stretch much. This confirm what I saw that was saying if plants receive enough lights they don't stretch as they would with less. I also kept the temp at night as closest as possible at day temps. The tutankhamon didn't seem to have grown by more than a single inch. Blue dream and green crack took 4 inches. In the video that I had linked and that was intriguing me, the fact that the lights were higher straight from the beginning of the grow is the reason why they stretched that much. Again the vanilla kush isn't known for stretching after flip. My plants are around 20 inches which is OK for me and allow pretty good penetration. I saw small plants producing huge buds on some YouTube videos. So I m confident I will be able to push more than 100g on each tutankhamon and more than 120g on each blue dream and green crack. Anyway I m to impatient haha I have to smoke and chill out :p

Another one with same leaves burn and saying same thing so I should be good with flushing and water only diet :

Now I got white bright leds I can take easy pictures without having anything else to do than pressing the button :cool:

I did some trimming on shaded down sites as well as big leaves that were blocking light to go further down. I also did some bending on green crack and blue dream as some tops were getting out of the mostly even canopy I ve been trying to achieve so far. I know some people say not do to it in flowering but others claim that if it s well done without hurting the plants to much it can increase nutrients afflux and yields ! The stress can also be benefit for thc production as a stress response. This also allow more light penetration. The plants are in good shape. I didn't bend hard breaking anything. Just pinch then bend gently. You can see some light burn cause of last week spraying but they are recovering pretty well :Namaste:

Blue dream on the left tutankhamon on the right :

Tutankhamon :

Tutankhamon and green crack on the right :

Green crack and blue dream in the back :

Blue dream, the one with most bendings :

Your plants look great!I am growing Blue Dream for the second time. The first clone I got of it was years ago and found it to be susceptible to Powder mildew and going to seed. It was my first rodeo on growing in Hydro. I am growing it this time after I have had many years of growing in Hydro.

Your plants look great!I am growing Blue Dream for the second time. The first clone I got of it was years ago and found it to be susceptible to Powder mildew and going to seed. It was my first rodeo on growing in Hydro. I am growing it this time after I have had many years of growing in Hydro.

Thanks guy!

As you can see I m doing my best to keep the plants in the best condition! Looking forward to next month hoping for big buds! I have started using Advanced nutrients connoisseur A&B. They have plenty of soil volume to develop root system so they should give good results!

I ll have a look at your grow

Week 4 update :

This week I did some defoliation. After reading again a lot about it I thought I would just remove the fan leaves too big that block lower sites to get more light, as well as any old leaves or extreme low bud sites that would never develop more. I know now that in my next grow I ll prune quicker as some bud sites really can be guest at a point if they will reach the light or not. This allow the plant to focus her energy on the upper tops better exposed an at the same time prevent many pop corn buds that take forever to be trimmed later on harvest. Now the light can reach the back of each plant so that's great! Air circulation is also better so now the flowers receive more light but also more air which is one of the essential components to grow big buds!

Anyway I stop talking and throw the pictures :

Blue dream :

Tutankhamon :

Green crack in the front blue dream in the back :

The black rolls are for helping the HST'd tops to recover with more ease. Can already see after 5 days that the intentionally damaged part is recovering and getting thicker as you can see on green crack here :

I won't have the plants of the month cause they don't have perfect shape like they used to have (because of spraying them under lights and bending) , but I m pretty confident to get a good harvest! Stay tuned!

Stretch comparison last Sunday vs this Thursday

Now I think they re done stretching. It s been 4 weeks flowering with very good lighting so I don't think they will stretch anymore

For anyone wondering how I could stick two of my leds together (I needed to cover the more space possible so took 2 different sized led lights and could stick them with what follows) :

You could even fix your flat TV on the wall with that stuff! So useful!

Your Blue Dream is looking familiar. They all look good.

Thank you JustMeds! I m always refreshing my thread multiple times a day hoping someone will come in add any comment or sharing haha.

I have a weird behavior right now on the plants. I don't know if it is linked to the fact I watered them spraying at night just after the lights are off (I can do it easily as my grow space is very dry (35%RO close to the plants but those days as it is very cold and dry outside, the RO is around 15% above the lights. Maybe normal cause of all the fans. So the behavior is that within 3 days I ve started doing that, it s like the top leaves have lost size. I don't know if that clear English speaking. I mean the size of the upper leaves has decreased. Like everything on the top had tightened. It's great for avoiding airy bud but I just hope it s not something bad. I didn't find any information on the web about it. If someone has an input....

Thank you JustMeds! I m always refreshing my thread multiple times a day hoping someone will come in add any comment or sharing haha.

I have a weird behavior right now on the plants. I don't know if it is linked to the fact I watered them spraying at night just after the lights are off (I can do it easily as my grow space is very dry (35%RO close to the plants but those days as it is very cold and dry outside, the RO is around 15% above the lights. Maybe normal cause of all the fans. So the behavior is that within 3 days I ve started doing that, it s like the top leaves have lost size. I don't know if that clear English speaking. I mean the size of the upper leaves has decreased. Like everything on the top had tightened. It's great for avoiding airy bud but I just hope it s not something bad. I didn't find any information on the web about it. If someone has an input....

I wouldn't worry about it if the plant continues to grow and the foliage is green and lush.

Plants look good

Thanks Derek! Can't wait to see the size of the final colas!

Recently I discovered this video :

You definitely need to watch that for your future grows. I had always wondered how some growers could get small but so thick stems and trunk leading to big huge buds! Big Rockwool + coco mat seems to be the secret! With I had seen that video sooner!

Looking good in here flash :goodjob:

Thanks SquattingBear!

I m so impatient to see the result.

Am on 12.45/11.15 so it may take longer to finish. One month at least remaining

Subbed in Looking really good

:goodjob::eek:

Haha welcome. I know it s a bit tiring sometime to read whole journal but if you have time you find interesting links here about lights etc... Hope to see you soon ;)

Hi fellas,

I did some trimming so took two clones. One green crack and one blue dream. The same day I thought about grafting. Went on youtube and saw different successful drafting on plants so I thought I could try grafting clones. Hoping for them to make a single plant sharing those wonderful strains characteristics. I ve seen that grafted plants don't really melt in terms of genes and give buds of each of the species but not really a mixed bud structure. However I remember my grand pa used to make grafting of orange and mandarin clones and we had the pleasure to eat a wonderful mixed fruit as a result. So as I don't have anything too lose I thought I would give it a try.

You can see a big rockwool cube. Why? Because I search the net and YouTube for "small plants huge buds" and saw those videos :

The rockwool are often used to clone. But as soon as the roots are out, people put the plant in soil or else. The thing is that I guess some guys thought if the plant manage to root easier, faster, and more in the rockwool, what would it be in a bigger rockwool cube?! Then the cocomat maybe have been found in the same kind of way. Anyway I wish I had seen those videos before starting my current grow. But it s fine I ll use those tricks in my next grow. Roots are the most important thing to get big buds! The bigger the roots the bigger the trunk the bigger the stems the bigger the buds!

I had started by putting the clones in soil for 2 days as I hadn't received the rockwool yet. This as worked successfully first time I tried. However as I ve put then into rockwool after 2 days without sign of roots (even if the are still looking good) maybe they won't make it. I ll see. If it doesn't work I ll try again but straight in the rockwool. I really want to see the result and see if I can get big stems even on a smallish plant. I didn't plan to do another grow but I consider this just as an experiment.

Let's see how it goes :Namaste:

I was just thinking about the fact that maybe when the leaves become small overnight it s sign of end of stretching and flowering process fully engaged

Back
Top Bottom