It's Been Too Long Journal, Critical Kush

Yeah they have put more than a foot on. lights on in half an hour so we will see whats what.

These plants are at my shoulders now.... and I'm almost 6 foot tall. :)

Cheers

Thats some really impressive growth, excited for lights on! You're in the tall person club too eh :high-five:, although i've noticed being a tall person doesn't make working in the tent very easy so really nothing to brag about lol :laugh:

Thats some really impressive growth, excited for lights on! You're in the tall person club too eh :high-five:, although i've noticed being a tall person doesn't make working in the tent very easy so really nothing to brag about lol :laugh:

You know, I almost bought a tent. I was set on a 4 x 8. Then I found out some are junk and you need to get the one with 1 inch pipe and they are expensive as hell. We were gonna put it in one of our 2 spare rooms. Then I had an epiphany. We just converted an entire room instead. Gave us two grow spaces and a cloning area. Now that I see these buggers are going to be much taller than Barney's Farm said, I'm glad I went this way as I have full height to let them go as they wish.

Cheers

I'll get some photos of the jungle room out when I can. Been working with the clones since early this morn. installed another twin 40 FL's to accommodate them.

You know, I almost bought a tent. I was set on a 4 x 8. Then I found out some are junk and you need to get the one with 1 inch pipe and they are expensive as hell. We were gonna put it in one of our 2 spare rooms. Then I had an epiphany. We just converted an entire room instead. Gave us two grow spaces and a cloning area. Now that I see these buggers are going to be much taller than Barney's Farm said, I'm glad I went this way as I have full height to let them go as they wish.

Cheers

I'll get some photos of the jungle room out when I can. Been working with the clones since early this morn. installed another twin 40 FL's to accommodate them.
That's my dream, some day ditching the tents and having a converted room or two but that's just not possible currently so I'm a bit confined but still making due none the less!

Ok, so end of the first week of flowering. Some bolted more than others. I have to back outta the room now to get the shot. I got 8 inches of space to get in to water these things.

jungle23.jpg

Awe, lookit the cute lil baby flower :)

flower136.jpg

Impressive. That last shot, that bud...it took some of my liberty haze 5 weeks of flowering to do that. I guess you can't compare different strains. My setup is much more humble too.

Kudos.

Its a time thing. You flipped before your plants were mature. So that takes longer for them to start budding.

Mine were all alternating and pre flowering big time, so they were just itching to flower.

So you really cant compare.

On your next grow, wait till you see pre flowers. Faster better flowering, larger root mass for better potency....etc...

Another observation I've noted is I don't like GH products. Every time I look at a GH grow, I see ragged edge nitrogen starvation. I don't see the same issue with Advanced Nutrients Sensi line. Just my ol time 2 cents.

Cheers

Subbed along also. I have six of barneys farm critical kush outside right now and wow are they huge plants. I've been thinking about keeping one in particular as a mom. Wanted to see how they do inside since that's mostly how I grow. Just thought I'd start using this free beautiful sunshine I got here. Your plants are looking great

Subbed along also. I have six of barneys farm critical kush outside right now and wow are they huge plants. I've been thinking about keeping one in particular as a mom. Wanted to see how they do inside since that's mostly how I grow. Just thought I'd start using this free beautiful sunshine I got here. Your plants are looking great

Welcome Aboard!

Would love to see some pics. I started with 5 and each seed produced a totally different pheno.

Would love to compare notes on this.

Cheers

420-magazine-mobile1626202363.jpg

This is the last photo I took of them, here's the link to my journal I'm doing right now, I would like to compare notes with you as well. I popped five seeds and picked two that I liked and cloned the hell out of em! There are three of each back there. I'm thinking about keeping one around for a while

Well the clones are still poking along well. Of 60 plus clones taken, all but 4 have rooted. Only 2 died. One I have no idea why, and the other I knew I was a tad rough with it putting it into rock wool. And I knew it at the time. Never the less not a bad average. Remember, its been 18 years since I've done this.

cl223.jpg

Well its getting a bit nuts in grow room one. Those in the cheap seats / back row are now at my eye level. And I'm almost 6 foot tall!

After only 11 days in flowering mode there are buds everywhere! !00's of them! (woohoo!) Some started early, some started late but they are all rocking now. And they said dirt farming was slow. Pfffff!

I think it might be a decent harvest :)

Cheers :thumb:

z120.jpg
z46.jpg
z312.jpg

z54.jpg

Well its getting a bit nuts in grow room one. Those in the cheap seats / back row are now at my eye level. And I'm almost 6 foot tall!

After only 11 days in flowering mode there are buds everywhere! !00's of them! (woohoo!) Some started early, some started late but they are all rocking now. And they said dirt farming was slow. Pfffff!

I think it might be a decent harvest :)

Cheers :thumb:

z120.jpg
z46.jpg
z312.jpg

z54.jpg
I'm thinking you'll pull a nice yield man, looking great!

Well I finally read through your journal from beginning and I have to say you are a wealth of information and experience. I am a pretty new grower when comparing my experience to yours, and I love learning different ways to do things. My indoor set up is a little different than yours and I do train and defoil the crap out of my plants while growing them under a scrog net. The two reasons I do that for my set up is 1) I use LED lights that only have 5w chips in them. So their light penetration at the canopy level just isn't as good as the HPS and MH lights. 2) to increase my yield with less plants. I'm with you and cannot wait to see how yours finish and yield. I like the idea of using more plants and cutting down my veg time and being able to move them. Would love to hear your thoughts man, everything is looking good!

Well I finally read through your journal from beginning and I have to say you are a wealth of information and experience. I am a pretty new grower when comparing my experience to yours, and I love learning different ways to do things. My indoor set up is a little different than yours and I do train and defoil the crap out of my plants while growing them under a scrog net. The two reasons I do that for my set up is 1) I use LED lights that only have 5w chips in them. So their light penetration at the canopy level just isn't as good as the HPS and MH lights. 2) to increase my yield with less plants. I'm with you and cannot wait to see how yours finish and yield. I like the idea of using more plants and cutting down my veg time and being able to move them. Would love to hear your thoughts man, everything is looking good!

Yeah LEDS. They have some downfalls that keep me away from them. But mostly the UVB and UVC thing. UVC and UVB to some extent is a major mold killer. And over the last few days its done nothing but rain in biblical proportions here and my RH has risen to 58%. Almost the danger zone. De-humidifiers are working full time now. But its nice to have some UVC in your spectrum for back up sterilization.

I don't do LST. Its not needed. A nip between the 5th and 6th node is all that's needed. The end result with a proper veg period will yield the same coverage with a better potency. So punching it in the face with LST and stunting it for a week isn't in my cards. I don't grow for yield, I grow for potency. I'm not a cash cropper and I don't sell.

I don't de-foil. The plant will drop leaves that aren't required without my help. In my day, it was a sin to allow light energy to hit the floor. Why not use it to create a large root mass? And If this plant permits, I will conduct a 2 wave harvest. i.e. The top colas will be cut when ready. Most of the time the top half of the plant is removed. The bottom half is permitted to continue to flower fatting up all the popcorn by 30 or 40%. If you have ripped the leaves off your plant, you cant do a second wave harvest.

Super Cropping. This is just silly along with poor planning and really doesn't need to be discussed. Got a bud that's too high off the canopy? Grow a pair and cut it. The next grow tip down will explode into flower. And you can then lower your light some the rest of the plants get what they need. Rather that starving them of light for the sake of one bud or two.

I'm not expecting a really great harvest from this lot as my canopy height is all over the place. Hence my light is not maximized. I do expect a decent harvest. However my next should be better once I pick the chosen one to go forward with. Don't know what my next grow will look like just yet. I find myself in a conundrum with 60 clones and a choice to make. Soon.

As for this current lot, its currently on 12/12. Monday it will be moved to 12.5/11.5. And the following week it will be moved to 13/11 for the rest of the flowering period.

Yeah I'm a bitch :) Or maybe just stuck in my ways.

Cheers!

Thank you for the response, I love learning how others get their results it's fascinating. I'm not a cash cropper and I don't sell either. I just end up having to support my entire families habit :p lol. I haven't tried many other ways of growing so I could be doing it all wrong. BUT it has worked for me so far and I have to say I cannot complain about the results. Check out my last dumpster grow if your ever bored. I'm sure there are a lot of things in that journal that would drive you nuts! Lol being stuck in your ways isn't a bad thing my friend! But neither is trying something new! Thanks again for all of your info I really appreciate it

Back
Top Bottom