It's Been Too Long Journal, Critical Kush

420-magazine-mobile97692392.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1800702305.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1088627747.jpg

Best pics I could snap before dark. Had a lot to get done. Let me know what you think, 5ft 7 is what they are at now and they are all touching. I think I might be over my head lol

Have you seen any issues with 13/11 yet?

Sorry for my late response.

I've only just done this change. I got tied up with a few other things and couldn't keep an eye on them the way one needs to with this change. I will fire you off a note when I have results.

Cheers

420-magazine-mobile97692392.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1800702305.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1088627747.jpg

Best pics I could snap before dark. Had a lot to get done. Let me know what you think, 5ft 7 is what they are at now and they are all touching. I think I might be over my head lol

OK,

I can see a close match to two of my phenos. They would be CK 2 and 3.

These two phenos are similar. They are more bushy / branchy than the others. Both show flowers very quickly at the flip as compared to the 3 others. CK 2 showed Tric development sooner than 3 and first of all 5.

The main difference will be the buds. These phenos produce a small yet tighter packed bud. Some have said they are more potent, but I cant confirm that yet.

Both CK 2 and 3 did not bolt at the flip as much as the other phenos.

CK2 did not form a large tap root in its pot and is not the most stable plant due to this.

CK2 and 3 did not consume organic nutrients as fast as the other 3.

This is a summary of what I know and have researched on these phenos.

Any other questions? Fire away. :)

Cheers

Thanks Snid for the info, that is all very much appreciated. I think I am closer to ck2 in what you are describing mainly by what you said about the tap root. Two of the ones I noticed while putting the braces up yesterday it looks like the ground around the base was lifted a little and the plant was slightly slanted backwards. I think during that wind storm I was telling you about it lifted the roots some. I'm hoping the new braces help. Did yours have an amazing kushy/earthy/peppery smell during veg? I can smell mine. The stems smell the same way

Thanks Snid for the info, that is all very much appreciated. I think I am closer to ck2 in what you are describing mainly by what you said about the tap root. Two of the ones I noticed while putting the braces up yesterday it looks like the ground around the base was lifted a little and the plant was slightly slanted backwards. I think during that wind storm I was telling you about it lifted the roots some. I'm hoping the new braces help. Did yours have an amazing kushy/earthy/peppery smell during veg? I can smell mine. The stems smell the same way

I cant really comment on the scent. With 5 different phenos doing there own thing I really didn't think to stop and smell the roses so to speak.

Yeah that tap root issue. Its a major detractor for me. As of today, I am prepping 12 -13 clones to head into veg @ 1Kw. The idea of the second grow has kinda been diluted a bit. Since the first grow is 4 to 6 weeks off finishing, I really cant decide which plant to move forward with yet, and all these little clones are begging to go. But as far as CK2, I will be planting it differently for sure. It really is a shame since it was a front runner on early potency development. However I would still urge you to take some clones. This pheno has the potential to pack a punch.

So I'm gonna do a 12 plant short cycle grow to keep the genetics alive. That's 2 of each of my pheno's and 2 of that long lanky sativa I tossed into the first grow. So maybe a 28 day veg since all the clones I chose for this grow are alternating, I think I can get away with it. 12 five gallon pales is going to be nuts to manage in my grow area but I'm always up for a challenge. I'm already dreading the soil mix day.

If I had to make a yield forecast, at this point it would be my best guess that CK 2 and 3 will yield the most. Smaller, compact buds, but a truck load of them. The other phenos aren't covered in so many buds, but rather focused on making large ones.

So today chore for me is to get 12 clones into hot soil and 3 liter containers under the 1 Kw lamp in grow room 2. Plus I have 5 more clones that are the best of the best selected for mothering purposes. They have to go into 3 liter pots with hot soil today too.

Dirt is a lot more work than hydro. Definitely not for the lazy. I wish I was lazy but just cant seem to find that gear.

I've just had a seniors moment. Your outdoor grow - are they all from a one plant mother?... I think you said two?? If that's the case the likelihood of them both being the same pheno is lower since it looks like to me, this "strain" is an F1 or F2 at best.

Another guy on another forum labeled the CK2 pheno as "Whiny Bitch". lol.

Cheers

Bad News, Good News, Good News

I apologize for my absence in keeping this updated. There have been a few issues I have been tending to. As the title says, there is bad news and good news. I find it best to deliver the bad news since the good news that follows often makes the bitterness of the bad a little more sweeter.

The Bad News

Well, believe it or not this piece of news began in my bathroom. I'm sure you are familiar with shower control valves that you pull out and turn left or right for hot and cold water. Well mine started to leak. A small amount at first followed by a steady stream shortly after.

I had two choices to get to it. From the bath tub side and break through expensive irreplaceable ceramic tile, or through the wall on the other side of the valve. If you guessed the other side of the wall was my grow room one, you guessed correctly.

I had no choice. I had to partially cut down this grow. The plants were very tall with very heavy budding under way. Moving them would have been a disaster. Snapped and broken stalks would have been the order of the day.

However I didn't cut them down all the way. Just enough to allow me to move them while I conducted repairs. This left many small to medium size buds to continue to grow.

At the time it was a sad event. The crop was coming along very nicely. This was a very difficult choice to make.

Good News (One)

However the sadness soon dissipated. I have just finished drying the cola's that I did cut down and so far I have 16.9 ounces of a decent quality material. And there's more to come. The small buds left behind are now exploding into much larger ones. I can see clearly at this point there is going to be another 6 to 8 ounces or more coming in the second wave.

Some of the samples we rapidly dried in a dehydrator where much stronger than I had anticipated since I had to cut them down early. I expected the smoke to be weak or poor at best. I was pleasantly surprised to find it was pretty fair smoke indeed. In fact, its much better than what can be bought on the street.

So not all bad and its not over yet. I'll post some photos later once I get better settled in.

Good News (Two)

I am delighted to announce that 420 mag family has appointed me as a new moderator. As you might imagine there is lots of reading and learning to complete. So my entries here will be a bit sparse till I get on top of my newly appointed duties and responsibilities.

I am greatly honored to join the 420 family and look forward to years of positive support of the Cannabis way of life.

To my 420 friends – As they say it takes two to tango. We couldn't do it without you. Over the years the 420 mag managing body and its users have fought side by side for a haven of safe and timely information around the cannabis way of life. I urge you to continue the fight for what's right and keep our haven safe and free of negative energy. If you should ever have any concerns or questions please feel free to contact me so we can keep moving forward together in a positive fashion.

Special Thanks & Please Welcome Mike Connor To The 420 Staff!

Cheers and Thanks

I am delighted to announce that 420 mag family has appointed me as a new moderator. As you might imagine there is lots of reading and learning to complete. So my entries here will be a bit sparse till I get on top of my newly appointed duties and responsibilities.

Congratulations on becoming a member of the staff. BtW, if they told you that you have to read every single post on the forum, lol... You can't do it. Trust me, I've tried ;) .

Hey, I subscribed to your journal and them promptly got buried in threads. I just returned, thinking I could read a couple dozen posts to catch up. But I see 100+ new (to me) ones. Oops. So please forgive me if you just answered this question:

What kind of smells are the Critical Kush plants producing in growth and flowering phases? And how strong are those scents? Is this a "needs a carbon filter setup for sure" strain? Or is it much more mild in intensity (or, alternatively, does it smell like incense or fabric softener, so that the neighbors wouldn't identify the smell as something coming from cannabis)?

Congratulations on becoming a member of the staff. BtW, if they told you that you have to read every single post on the forum, lol... You can't do it. Trust me, I've tried ;) .

Thanks for the welcome :) My eyes are already bleary from reading. :)

Hey, I subscribed to your journal and them promptly got buried in threads. I just returned, thinking I could read a couple dozen posts to catch up. But I see 100+ new (to me) ones. Oops. So please forgive me if you just answered this question:

What kind of smells are the Critical Kush plants producing in growth and flowering phases? And how strong are those scents? Is this a "needs a carbon filter setup for sure" strain? Or is it much more mild in intensity (or, alternatively, does it smell like incense or fabric softener, so that the neighbors wouldn't identify the smell as something coming from cannabis)?

That's a good question. Each seed produced a different pheno. And each pheno produced a different scent. Especially the buds.

This does indeed need a filter. No if's and's or but's. It smells like cannabis living large. I had to upgrade my carbon filter to deal with it.

Did this answer your question?

Years ago I had one strain of Northern lights that produced little or no scent. It was nice. Now I hear some NL strains are very low odor and others aren't. Which is which? I have no idea but if I find out I will let you know or if I come across other low odor strains.

Cheers :thumb:

Hope all is well over there!

Yeah, we're ok. Thanks and I really appreciate the concern.

420 folks are good people - Seems you are one of them. :)

Haven't seen an update in a while and just checkin in, hope all is ok with you. Would love to see the buds on that pheno #2 and #3

Hey Led,

I do have some interesting info for you. CK 2 is a star in our show. I'll write it up when I get some time.

Cheers

Yeah, we're ok. Thanks and I really appreciate the concern.

420 folks are good people - Seems you are one of them. :)
Glad to hear all is well! Sorry to hear the bad news but atleast you didn't lose all of them and over a pound still, not bad at all! I'll be really happy if I get a pound out of my run.

Bad News, Good News, Good News

I apologize for my absence in keeping this updated. There have been a few issues I have been tending to. As the title says, there is bad news and good news. I find it best to deliver the bad news since the good news that follows often makes the bitterness of the bad a little more sweeter.

The Bad News

Well, believe it or not this piece of news began in my bathroom. I'm sure you are familiar with shower control valves that you pull out and turn left or right for hot and cold water. Well mine started to leak. A small amount at first followed by a steady stream shortly after.

I had two choices to get to it. From the bath tub side and break through expensive irreplaceable ceramic tile, or through the wall on the other side of the valve. If you guessed the other side of the wall was my grow room one, you guessed correctly.

I had no choice. I had to partially cut down this grow. The plants were very tall with very heavy budding under way. Moving them would have been a disaster. Snapped and broken stalks would have been the order of the day.

However I didn't cut them down all the way. Just enough to allow me to move them while I conducted repairs. This left many small to medium size buds to continue to grow.

At the time it was a sad event. The crop was coming along very nicely. This was a very difficult choice to make.

Good News (One)

However the sadness soon dissipated. I have just finished drying the cola's that I did cut down and so far I have 16.9 ounces of a decent quality material. And there's more to come. The small buds left behind are now exploding into much larger ones. I can see clearly at this point there is going to be another 6 to 8 ounces or more coming in the second wave.

Some of the samples we rapidly dried in a dehydrator where much stronger than I had anticipated since I had to cut them down early. I expected the smoke to be weak or poor at best. I was pleasantly surprised to find it was pretty fair smoke indeed. In fact, its much better than what can be bought on the street.

So not all bad and its not over yet. I'll post some photos later once I get better settled in.

Good News (Two)

I am greatly honored to join the 420 family and look forward to years of positive support of the Cannabis way of life.

To my 420 friends — As they say it takes two to tango. We couldn't do it without you. Over the years the 420 mag managing body and its users have fought side by side for a haven of safe and timely information around the cannabis way of life. I urge you to continue the fight for what's right and keep our haven safe and free of negative energy. If you should ever have any concerns or questions please feel free to contact me so we can keep moving forward together in a positive fashion.

Special Thanks & Please Welcome Mike Connor To The 420 Staff!

Cheers and Thanks
Sorry to hear about the bad news, great to hear that the buds were still enjoyable :)
And congratz on becoming a moderator!

Looking forward to see your next grow.

Take care, cheers.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom