Jack Herer & Panama Red In Doc's Hi Brix

Its been a long day of trimming and extractions, a friend came over to help and we finally got my flower room set up for winter !!
5E0290E0-3CB4-4042-8341-D64A8A894E62.jpeg
86D72FCB-F9F4-40B9-BCB1-4D9AA18B7092.jpeg
E1CEB36C-98F3-415B-8477-0F73E3BE73D9.jpeg
AB04AEB3-CDE7-4AB8-A55F-8C33923D0916.jpeg

I finally got my seedlings in the 1 gal pots, I had to buy more because my wife used all mine for her garden herbs and that was a battle I wasn't willing to start.
All the red tagged ones are the panama red which are crossed with norcal Afghan from the 70's.
The green tags are the jack herer and one looks really bad, it sprouted and the growing leaves came in looking like this so I'm thinking about culling it, I'll keep an eye on new growth and well see. The other one that's unlabeled is frozen tangerine. I just removed my 100w cfl and now using my LED
IMG_20171019_170918.jpg
IMG_20171019_170909.jpg
IMG_20171019_170930.jpg

That jack herer just got uprooted, I'm over it, its the ugliest seedling I've seen yet!

The soil wasnt watered in over a week and it was time to water so i watered with very weak transplant and tea, sorry the pics below aren't the best quality, I'll have better in a couple of days. I've been buisy reading docs Q and A journal and I'm on page 500 now
IMG_20171022_153631_hdr.jpg
IMG_20171022_153518.jpg

You mean diluting your soil with more ProMix? You can probably get away with it, but you'll want to add the recharge earlier. You'll be short on minerals. I'd suggest getting a bag of Recharge from Doc and doing it twice on that batch - topdress once when you upcan and then again later.

You mean diluting your soil with more ProMix? You can probably get away with it, but you'll want to add the recharge earlier. You'll be short on minerals. I'd suggest getting a bag of Recharge from Doc and doing it twice on that batch - topdress once when you upcan and then again later.

Thanks for the advice, the last thing I want to do is make the soil imbalanced so i will just order bulk and plan ahead for next run.

I had a question for greytail and greenyeti, when do you normally start the foliars as well as GE ? I just started to get five bladed leaves but the nodes aren't staggered yet. I'm guessing another 3 weeks ? Also I've noticed that my soil doesn't dry out as fast as what I'm used to. Its been 1 week since last watering and I can probably go another 2 or possibly 3 more weeks before the next one, I have roots showing at the bottom of my containers and these plants seem to be thriving with tight node spacing. I just purchased a secret jarden tent 5'x5' to put in my flower room so I can keep my mothers inside the tent as well as my clones and be able to keep everything in one environmentally controlled room... Can't wait !

Re: Jack Herer & Panama Red In Doc's Hi Brix

I'd give them a full Trans/Tea drench when they go dry. They look solid and healthy. A few days after that, do a DS foliar and see how it goes. Then on to some Brix. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:thumb: Lookin' good!

I usually wait for 5 or so nodes before I spray anything, as the directions say to. Making sure you have 5 bladed leaves at your last set of nodes. Graytail's advice is solid, he knows what is up. They do look real happy and healthy. With all I have read in the last few weeks I would start with a transplant drench as well and then start alternating drenches with at least one watering in between. My early veg plants always take a while in between drinks until they start getting some roots and then they start cutting that time down real quick.

What are your mothers in for soil? I have never really kept any mothers I have always done similar to Doc and just cloned from plants that I am about to flip. He calls it his teen mom routine and it works out well for me. It saves me space and doesnt eat into my plant count. I have also never had great luck keeping a plant healthy for long periods of time so that is another reason I do it.

Your plants are looking really healthy so you are doing something right so far :high-five:

I usually wait for 5 or so nodes before I spray anything, as the directions say to. Making sure you have 5 bladed leaves at your last set of nodes. Graytail's advice is solid, he knows what is up. They do look real happy and healthy. With all I have read in the last few weeks I would start with a transplant drench as well and then start alternating drenches with at least one watering in between. My early veg plants always take a while in between drinks until they start getting some roots and then they start cutting that time down real quick.

What are your mothers in for soil? I have never really kept any mothers I have always done similar to Doc and just cloned from plants that I am about to flip. He calls it his teen mom routine and it works out well for me. It saves me space and doesnt eat into my plant count. I have also never had great luck keeping a plant healthy for long periods of time so that is another reason I do it.

Your plants are looking really healthy so you are doing something right so far :high-five:
Thanks greenyeti, yours and greytail's advice are greatly appreciated, I've been reading through docs pages and you guys have been around the block for a while :thumb:
Right now, I have one mother of a blue dream that my wife really likes and white widow as well as Himalayan head changer, theyre in fox farm soil and I sometimes do what you mentioned about teen moms when it gets hard to manage I take a few clones of it then throw her in the bloom room. I recently connected with a breeder who has many interesting landrace strains his father collected through his travels and spent years stabilizing so I am now sampling his gear and if I find anything that I absolutely love I will keep a mother. The reason for keeping mothers for any extended period of time is because I won't grow them all each time I do a run. I'm constantly upgrading and trying to improve my methods and make things a bit simpler and always open to feedback

Thanks greenyeti, yours and greytail's advice are greatly appreciated, I've been reading through docs pages and you guys have been around the block for a while :thumb:
Right now, I have one mother of a blue dream that my wife really likes and white widow as well as Himalayan head changer, theyre in fox farm soil and I sometimes do what you mentioned about teen moms when it gets hard to manage I take a few clones of it then throw her in the bloom room. I recently connected with a breeder who has many interesting landrace strains his father collected through his travels and spent years stabilizing so I am now sampling his gear and if I find anything that I absolutely love I will keep a mother. The reason for keeping mothers for any extended period of time is because I won't grow them all each time I do a run. I'm constantly upgrading and trying to improve my methods and make things a bit simpler and always open to feedback

If I could keep a plant healthy long term I may consider having mothers but like I said plant count hurts the chances of it too. I get not running the same things every time though. It would be nice to put a couple of things on hold while I try and find new keepers. Right now I basically just eliminate the weakest strains as I add new ones and hope that the new plants are better than what I let go of. If not its on to yet another new strain!

It is badass that you have a source of some worked landrace genetics! They should do amazing in the kit. When you run them you may want to get the older kit as it seems to be made for just that!

If I could keep a plant healthy long term I may consider having mothers but like I said plant count hurts the chances of it too. I get not running the same things every time though. It would be nice to put a couple of things on hold while I try and find new keepers. Right now I basically just eliminate the weakest strains as I add new ones and hope that the new plants are better than what I let go of. If not its on to yet another new strain!

It is badass that you have a source of some worked landrace genetics! They should do amazing in the kit. When you run them you may want to get the older kit as it seems to be made for just that!

I hear you about plant count, if I didn't live so far off the beaten path, then I probably would keep things more dialed down. But for now while I hunt out strains I have to do this. It would be nice to find those few I absolutely love and just keep those, but I'm soo damn picky about what I like, I will probably be searching for a very long time. What's the difference with the old kit and the new? Maybe I'll ask doc for the old one then. The panama red I'm growing right now is one I'm trying from this breeder. Its been crossed with norcal '79 Afghani. So far its looking pretty indica but its still young I am hoping for more sativa. If I like it and it seems lagit then I will order a 15 pack and go pheno hunting. I have very high hopes for docs kit to bring out these desirable traits...
Night y'all..

Back
Top Bottom