Jack Herer & Panama Red In Doc's Hi Brix

I finally took some better quality pics, also can anyone tell me if its OK to add fresh promix when I upcan to 7gal? I wish I ordered 2 kits so I can run 10 plants and weed out the males
FD3E9A7C-C529-4824-826D-094452342EBB.jpeg
F1452906-B9D0-4CFE-936A-5C6DA41320A5.jpeg

You'll want to add cooked, high brix soil when you transplant. not virgin promix!

You're at least 3 weeks away from a tranplanting....longer is likely. So get some cooking if you don't have any!

I got the 5x5 tent installed and put the 1000w light in. I was concerned at first about heat and after running the light for an hr the temp was at 73 and humidity 50%. That being said, I think I will use it for my flowering tent.
C68FC8AD-5AB2-4F6E-900E-08A0153AF454.jpeg
A1B11436-E579-407F-8293-FEEBAB4CE073.jpeg
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/29378EB8-D344-4D3F-8E23-C53D769542B4.jpeg[/img[/QUOTE]
Looks good man, that flower room is gonna pump out some serious yeilds. Can't wait to see it in action! .

I found this discolored leaf on only one plant, I'm guessing its due to soil being too dry or just lower leafs dying off, the roots are very fine hair and coming along nice, there is absolutely no moisture left in soil so I will do a full tea and transplant drench tomorrow. Anyone want to comment on what it might be ? Here's some pics
760E176E-3A3B-49CE-B261-28F4F41C9E61.jpeg
3DA0062E-022F-460D-88C3-EED4C694DC24.jpeg

Yeah, those bottom leaves don't last long - nothing to be concerned about. That looks entirely typical.

Beautiful timing on the watering, and a very nice set of roots. :thumb:

9 plants with 4 gallons water, wasn't sure whether I needed to double the measurement's for the dunking, so I went on the high side of directions, if I should have done things differently please let me know.. I will be doing 2 light waters in a row next then do another dunk with GE with double strength.

The directions say:

Watering Tech for Vegetative Growth

Try to let the containers go completely dry between waterings. What I mean by completely dry is that the first physical signs of "wilting" are present. Droopy leaves, loss of turgor, etc. When the containers are dry as described, do this:

Prepare a tub/bucket of water such that when you submerge a dry container from above, the water level is 3/4ths up to the level of the soil. If using a drench, mix it TWICE AS STRONG AS NORMAL.

Submerge the containers and let them soak and wick up the drench for 5 minutes or so. When removing the containers from the soaking bucket/tub, tilt them this way and that in order to drain as much liquid out as possible.

The draining will draw air in from above which the plants absolutely love. This method will result in stronger stems, much better roots, shorter internodal spacing and better leaf to calyx ratio.

with all the hubbub a week or so ago, I'm scrambling to find out why people are doing so many different things and wondering about what they should do. So I'm going over the directions and asking myself how I could make them more clear, etc.

Is there anything about that section I copied that is unclear to you or anyone else reading it?

I was trying to communicate to folks that when dunking the pots as described here and elsewhere, to mix the drench TWICE AS STRONG AS NORMAL. 2X. Twice. Double.

What could I do to make that more clear so you don't have to wonder about it but instead KNOW what to do?

Please don't do 2 light waterings in a row, since you already did a light drench. Make the next one full strength (double if dunking) Transplant. Let it get good and dry, per the directions.

Is this clear? To everyone?

Doc, the confusion for me comes from the fact that I have only seen people on the journals doubling the GE, theres not much mention of transplant. your directions are clear regarding that. I've read 800 pages on your Q&A and I've seen every possible way others drench and dunk, I take it I should have done around 20 mils to get double. I have so much info in my head from your pages that I need to sort through, that's why I've asked everyone to follow my journal to help keep me on the right track. I will do a full double strength transplant next. Am I right to assume that the tea is not a drench and not to double that ? I understand double and assumed that was for GE. I'm glad your helping with this because there's a couple people following this journal that will be starting your kit very soon. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused

I hear you about plant count, if I didn't live so far off the beaten path, then I probably would keep things more dialed down. But for now while I hunt out strains I have to do this. It would be nice to find those few I absolutely love and just keep those, but I'm soo damn picky about what I like, I will probably be searching for a very long time. What's the difference with the old kit and the new? Maybe I'll ask doc for the old one then. The panama red I'm growing right now is one I'm trying from this breeder. Its been crossed with norcal '79 Afghani. So far its looking pretty indica but its still young I am hoping for more sativa. If I like it and it seems lagit then I will order a 15 pack and go pheno hunting. I have very high hopes for docs kit to bring out these desirable traits...
Night y'all..

The old kit was designed in such a way that it did awesome with landrace strains or simple crosses without needing anything added to it. If you ran poly hybrids, which ever one does now a days, you needed to add certain things to really make them shine. The new kit has been formulated to make the new poly hybrids shine since that is what gets run most of the time. So in the Q&A thread Doc suggested that if you want to run landraces that you should stick to the original kit.

With your dunking I think you have added too much tea and not enough transplant. My bottle of tea says 2.5 mils for 6 plants. So when I dunk I always do 5 mils of tea. I should probably up that when i am doing 15 veg plants but thats a different story :laughtwo: Depending on what your bottle of transplant says depends on how much i would say to add to your dunk solution. If it is the old formula I would do a minimum of 1 oz in the dunk.

Doc, the confusion for me comes from the fact that I have only seen people on the journals doubling the GE, theres not much mention of transplant. your directions are clear regarding that. I've read 800 pages on your Q&A and I've seen every possible way others drench and dunk, I take it I should have done around 20 mils to get double. I have so much info in my head from your pages that I need to sort through, that's why I've asked everyone to follow my journal to help keep me on the right track. I will do a full double strength transplant next. Am I right to assume that the tea is not a drench and not to double that ? I understand double and assumed that was for GE. I'm glad your helping with this because there's a couple people following this journal that will be starting your kit very soon. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused

Also, I think adding a sample of the first couple drenches and dunks for 6 plants with how much to add for each one in your directions will probably clear up a lot of the confusion

It doesn't really matter how I write the directions....someone is going to be confused! That's what history has taught us.

The "Gazoo" journal should help clear that up. In the meantime, you should alternate drenches in veg and bloom. Double the strength in veg if you're dunking/draining. That means double Tea and the Drench.

With your dunking I think you have added too much tea and not enough transplant. My bottle of tea says 2.5 mils for 6 plants. So when I dunk I always do 5 mils of tea. I should probably up that when i am doing 15 veg plants but thats a different story :laughtwo: Depending on what your bottle of transplant says depends on how much i would say to add to your dunk solution. If it is the old formula I would do a minimum of 1 oz in the dunk.

Green yeti, your right, I just looked at the tea bottle and realized it said .05 to .1 tea, I mistakenly took that as .5 and 1 ml.. My mistake, thats what happens when you work 12 hr days and weekends and on top of that I have to get up at 2AM in the morning and be on call at night.. Sounds like I pissed doc off.:sorry: Anyways, now that I have that figured out, my next question is when you top, I have 5 nodes and 2 sets of 5 bladed leafs, normally this is around when I top, what do you suggest ? Do I use destress as well?

Back
Top Bottom