Jack Herer & Panama Red In Doc's Hi Brix

It doesn't really matter how I write the directions....someone is going to be confused! That's what history has taught us.

The "Gazoo" journal should help clear that up. In the meantime, you should alternate drenches in veg and bloom. Double the strength in veg if you're dunking/draining. That means double Tea and the Drench.

Doc, thanks for clearing that up, i will check out gazoos journals. As I said before, I'm going to make mistakes because this is very different than what I'm used to. I'm learning so that my second grow will go with out a hitch

Green yeti, your right, I just looked at the tea bottle and realized it said .05 to .1 tea, I mistakenly took that as .5 and 1 ml.. My mistake, thats what happens when you work 12 hr days and weekends and on top of that I have to get up at 2AM in the morning and be on call at night.. Sounds like I pissed doc off.:sorry: Anyways, now that I have that figured out, my next question is when you top, I have 5 nodes and 2 sets of 5 bladed leafs, normally this is around when I top, what do you suggest ? Do I use destress as well?

If this is when you usually top then do what you are used to. You can use destress when you do it but I would just do a half strength one with it being so small.

I gave a full TX drench today, they were startingnto droop, I'm now watering every 6 days. I decided to wait on topping
until they get bigger so I can root the tops to sex them. I just picked up my 7 gallon pots with saucers today and I will start brix foliar this week.
Edit: I just looked at my calander and its been 9 days since last watering

I gave a full TX drench today, they were startingnto droop, I'm now watering every 6 days. I decided to wait on topping
until they get bigger so I can root the tops to sex them. I just picked up my 7 gallon pots with saucers today and I will start brix foliar this week.
Edit: I just looked at my calander and its been 9 days since last watering
Dribble a small amount of water down the top as they dry and soon the roots will fill every inch of the container.

I went ahead and toped them 2 days ago and sprayed with destress.they are looking nice and happy so far. I'm seeing some shine also and I was wanting opinion on if I should start foliar spraying brix yet. I'm on day 41 from seed and I havnt given any growth energy yet, probably will start that soon. The single plant in pic by its self is my only remaining jack herer and I love the structure and even canopy so far.I'm starting to see some fading and a bit of discoloration on the fan leafs. Not sure if that's a sign of needing to start GE
B5A77406-2828-4B3B-A937-6666E8965874.jpeg
91504E48-72E5-45A7-BA9A-575D81489E70.jpeg
479CEF4C-668E-4692-AD21-D2FC8C8271E5.jpeg

Have you given transplant yet? If not I would start with a transplant drench. After that you can start alternating between water and drenches. You also have enough leaves and nodes to start foliars if you want.

Thanks, that was what I needed to hear, I already gave full transplant drench and small bit of water when dry, I'm figuring I'll do a GE possibly Monday when they're dry enough, some are drying faster than others.

Alright, so after 24 hrs test run, the humidity is around 48% the temp with lights on stayed around 73, I will probably up that a bit more by turning down my exhaust fan. It was hard to raise and maintain temps with lights off and running only the heater, it stayed at 55 until I turned up the heater and still wouldn't get past 65. I'm a bit concerned at this point because electricity will cost a fortune, I'm already paying between 700-800 a month as is. I can get a bigger heater and try that or shut down for the winter. I'll decide after this run. If anyone had any ideas I'd love to hear them. Also I sprayed brix last night and now my damn room stinks to high heaven.. Gotta love it..anyways, hope everyone enjoyed their weekend

I sprayed with destress, I also added a few more strains, dream queen,blue dream,platinum OG,the white..well see how it goes. I also replaced my purple led light with the dwarf star which is a lot brighter. Here's some nice pics. Please let me know if you see anything off, I'm starting to see more leaf fade on the fans, new growth looks good but I think they're a bit under par.
EC2968A6-684A-4A24-8C9B-DFE78C1CA89F.jpeg
A47DB4A5-D113-41B1-AD98-9D3AC3C77A2C.jpeg
33A2E566-D470-49E6-B7D9-5208710B0FA5.jpeg
2DBB1CC3-C475-4564-8121-B4EAF40E10C4.jpeg
002CDD72-6BE1-4B1B-BE16-762CB10503D7.jpeg
ng off. So far so good

Hey Calican! Found you over at the Q&A and read through your journal. Really interested to see how the Panama red turns out. You've got an awesome set up. Not sure if it helps but can you use a propane heater instead of electricity?

I'm curious how much foliars you are using? I have 3 large plants and use about 3 oz of water with 3 ml of Brix or 1.5 of destress. Brix is 1ml per oz of h2o and destress is 1/2 that. When I started, I was using way to much, I think I was mixing up like 8oz or something like that, too much.

Anyways, I'm in for the ride, looking forward to it!

:passitleft:

Hey Calican! Found you over at the Q&A and read through your journal. Really interested to see how the Panama red turns out. You've got an awesome set up. Not sure if it helps but can you use a propane heater instead of electricity?

I'm curious how much foliars you are using? I have 3 large plants and use about 3 oz of water with 3 ml of Brix or 1.5 of destress. Brix is 1ml per oz of h2o and destress is 1/2 that. When I started, I was using way to much, I think I was mixing up like 8oz or something like that, too much.

Anyways, I'm in for the ride, looking forward to it!

:passitleft:

Welcome.. I'm using destress at .5 ml to 1OZ water. Today I used about 4 oz water for 10 plants. I use a solo sprayer and I just give a quick pull of the trigger under each leaf. I just pruned off the bad leafs per docs recomendations, I still think something just isn't right but I've learned to roll with it for a bit and see if it works its self out. I've actually looked into the propane heaters, not sure which one yet. Another idea I have is setting up 2 tents and while one is in the dark, the other is in the lights on cycle and I vent both tents exhaust into the room. That way I'm utilizing the electricity to grow as well as heat. I'm in a constant state of upgrade. Anyways, glad to have you along and I'll check out your journal, I'm very interested in the Goliath for my summer runs

I could be wrong and maybe a more experienced brixxer will chime in, your proportions are right but I feel like you could use 1/2 of what your using so 2oz. Shit, maybe I should be using more....? Doc, yeti, gray?

I like your plan for the 2 tents. If you need a 2nd tent and can spend a little more, look at the gorillas as they have X tensions to like 7'.

One last idea that worked great for me, I had one of those under carpet heaters which I put under my tent and it's helped with low night time temps. I also moved my intake duct to draw air from the top of the tent, still enters at the bottom. (I hope that made sense.)

I like the idea of under floor heater. Afraid it might warm the pots too much. With my foliar, I actually probably dumped about a third out when done. It sounds like we use about the same. I know that I only have a little dripping off when done. The new growth is actually getting the fade as well. Weird because I never run into this so soon.

Are you still in the small pots? I read back but didn't see an upcan to the 7s.

In small pots the new growth will be vigorous but the lower fans will fade. That doesn't really matter if you're going to be trimming the lower nodes anyway. But things will be a lot easier in 7 gallon pots. The last rootball pic I saw looked good.

Are you still in the small pots? I read back but didn't see an upcan to the 7s.

In small pots the new growth will be vigorous but the lower fans will fade. That doesn't really matter if you're going to be trimming the lower nodes anyway. But things will be a lot easier in 7 gallon pots. The last rootball pic I saw looked good.

Yeah, they're still in 1's. It seems like most people wait longer to upcan, my new growth is actually coming in very light and yellowish, hard to see with pics, from experience it looks like a sign of needing nitrogen. I will post more closeups today. Also, if I upcan to 7's I would have to put in flowering tent because my veg is really small for big pots. I've never flowered plants that are this small, what do you think?
I think you are probably right about upcanning. It seems like the soil has run out of energy

Hi Calicanna, nice jornal! .

I agree with you, something looks off with the health of your plants, low soil energy. I don't think it is the size of the pot though. They look cold or like the beginnings of overwatered, but you mentioned that you watered when the were wilted, so now I wonder what the floor is under the tent.

I'm on my 5th grow with Docs kit, and I too have not mastered the 1 gal pots, but darks journal will change that soon.

What are your high and low temps? What is the floor made of?

Take care

Hi Calicanna, nice jornal! .

I agree with you, something looks off with the health of your plants, low soil energy. I don't think it is the size of the pot though. They look cold or like the beginnings of overwatered, but you mentioned that you watered when the were wilted, so now I wonder what the floor is under the tent.

I'm on my 5th grow with Docs kit, and I too have not mastered the 1 gal pots, but darks journal will change that soon.

What are your high and low temps? What is the floor made of?

Take care

Thanks for stopping in, I wait until they look like they can't last another day without water then I water, about every 7-9 days. They are sitting on carpet on top of my house subfloor which is 3' off the ground and insulated as well. I was hoping to get another 2 weeks with the 1 gal. High temps are around 80 highest and low can get down to 70. I know enviorment can be a bit better, the lows can get to 65 at times but not too often. I've grown in this tent for 3 seasons so far and havnt had this yet. All good, new strain, new soil and new nutrients. It will be a learning curve for sure. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you stay a while. All input is appreciated. Happy thanksgiving

Back
Top Bottom