Jamaican Dreams

We have a dude! Time to try our luck with seeds from the ganja field farmer.

5fac877f1cbbc120c1292ff0b4b6c60e.jpg

Boo! Dudes suck!

Here are the Jamaican plants. 1 is a leggy beast and I'm kinda hoping it's a male. The 2nd one is more manageable.
20170409_062916.jpg
20170409_062812.jpg

I see what you mean by lanky. :laughtwo: Will you cull it or isolate it if it's a male? I'm pretty sure the majority of our seeds are male. I'm hoping for a couple females. It just occurred to me that I could grow one of my Jamaican seeds in the next hempy pot I start. I figured out how to get two running in tandem.

Cool. Now it's a matter of deciding which one to try.

.......neiko, does your second plant have thrips? Those white markings I see on her leaves look like it. It could be variegated leaves. I have some on my DDAs.

I see what you mean by lanky. :laughtwo: Will you cull it or isolate it if it's a male? I'm pretty sure the majority of our seeds are male. I'm hoping for a couple females. It just occurred to me that I could grow one of my Jamaican seeds in the next hempy pot I start. I figured out how to get two running in tandem.

Cool. Now it's a matter of deciding which one to try.

.......neiko, does your second plant have thrips? Those white markings I see on her leaves look like it. It could be variegated leaves. I have some on my DDAs.
Hi Sue, no thrips...its those fucking box elder bugs. They are everywhere right now. All over the place. They camp out on the leaves and leave that behind. I hate those things but there's nothing i can do. They'll go away pretty soon. Some years are worse than others and this a bad year.

Hi Sue, no thrips...its those fucking box elder bugs. They are everywhere right now. All over the place. They camp out on the leaves and leave that behind. I hate those things but there's nothing i can do. They'll go away pretty soon. Some years are worse than others and this a bad year.

Never heard of a box elder bug. I have to deal with the little gnats here. Doesn't really effect my plants though.

So I am coming through with a little bit of a different bagseed than a lot of the Negril group. This was a strain that I got on a solo ganja field tour. This strain was almost black. They are purple underneath the leaves so this could be an interesting one, I have never had a strain really purple up much.

Dark Jamaican Bagseed #1

DSC_0003152.JPG

Dark Jamaican Bagseed #2

DSC_0004148.JPG

So I am coming through with a little bit of a different bagseed than a lot of the Negril group. This was a strain that I got on a solo ganja field tour. This strain was almost black. They are purple underneath the leaves so this could be an interesting one, I have never had a strain really purple up much.

Dark Jamaican Bagseed #1

DSC_0003152.JPG

Dark Jamaican Bagseed #2

DSC_0004148.JPG

BrixNewb, it's been long enough that I'm interested in seeing how this one's progressing. Can you post new pictures, please? :battingeyelashes: :love:

Interesting thread! I thought the trend was to bring good seeds into Jamaica and not exporting their tourist grade weed seeds. I know plenty of people that go there often and bring their own herb from home (crazy) because they don't like the local stuff. Over a crap ton of trips to Negril, Ochi, the mountains above St Ann and even up in the cockpits I've only smoked a few strains....if you can even call them that with all the cross breeding that I would want to have seeds from. It's fun though knowing locals and maybe spending $50 for a pile of different types of herb....walking around with giant spliffs...carry on.

Edit: just noticed this was a grow journal and not a Jamaica discussion, sorry to thread jack.

Interesting thread! I thought the trend was to bring good seeds into Jamaica and not exporting their tourist grade weed seeds. I know plenty of people that go there often and bring their own herb from home (crazy) because they don't like the local stuff. Over a crap ton of trips to Negril, Ochi, the mountains above St Ann and even up in the cockpits I've only smoked a few strains....if you can even call them that with all the cross breeding that I would want to have seeds from. It's fun though knowing locals and maybe spending $50 for a pile of different types of herb....walking around with giant spliffs...carry on.

Edit: just noticed this was a grow journal and not a Jamaica discussion, sorry to thread jack.

Oh no, please don't think you can't talk about Jamaica here Eeko. :hug: This thread is about Jamaica, as well as the plants we'll be playing with from seeds we brought home. I was thrilled to read your post, and I'm sure a couple of the guys will jump in and engage you. I don't have time to, but stick around. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Now that I'm back home I can respond to this Eeko. :laughtwo: We did, in fact, take our own with us, and we were glad we did, because the choices in Negril weren't really up to the standard we'd grown accustomed to. We still got to sample some respectable product, but I noticed they were more excited about the prospect of seeds than smoking much of the sticks of buds. Lol!

We left an awlful lot behind when we came home.

Quick update....three out of my four seeds are girls.Yay!!! We've put them from veg into flower to see the sex and now back to veg. The plan is to make clones and start over. Looking good, my friends. :)

Quick update....three out of my four seeds are girls.Yay!!! We've put them from veg into flower to see the sex and now back to veg. The plan is to make clones and start over. Looking good, my friends. :)

:woohoo: That's fabulous news. We anticipated that the majority would be males, so getting three females from a run is reason to celebrate. :slide:

Now that I'm back home I can respond to this Eeko. :laughtwo: We did, in fact, take our own with us, and we were glad we did, because the choices in Negril weren't really up to the standard we'd grown accustomed to. We still got to sample some respectable product, but I noticed they were more excited about the prospect of seeds than smoking much of the sticks of buds. Lol!

We left an awlful lot behind when we came home.

Just wondering.....do you know a guy that goes by the name "Nanoose" or something close to that? While the odds of you being the same Sue he spoke about in the past are close to 100%...If so, he would know me as Eco

Just wondering.....do you know a guy that goes by the name "Nanoose" or something close to that? While the odds of you being the same Sue he spoke about in the past are close to 100%...If so, he would know me as Eco

That name doesn't ring a bell Eeko.

Back
Top Bottom