Jamaican Dreams

Sunset; Negril, Jamaica
IMG_88755.JPG

Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

We had such a great time :passitleft:

As soon as we got to our hotel the guy that carried our bags hooked us up with three nice big buds and a hash ball that last the week cause of all the other bud everywhere :rofl: :) :goodjob::circle-of-love:

This was after a few days of picking off them
IMG_178528.JPG

I didn't bring any seeds back but heres some humming birds we got to feed :)
IMG_182924.JPG
IMG_183628.JPG

It was great meeting everyone, I hope we can do it again next year!

Smokey, I missed the pictures you posted. Thanks so much for the hummingbird ones. What a delight! :circle-of-love:

Nis, that purple down inside is intriguing. Let this one be a female. :high-five:

This is Isabel again, the wife of jedthedog. For some reason I was not granted permission to post in the forum. No idea why, so I have to use my husband's account. Something must have gone sideways during my registration process.

Anyway...

We started 6 of my Jamaican seeds that I collected in Negril at the time you were there about 5 days ago. 4 popped open and we've put them in soil yesterday. I call them "Negril Sunrise".

BTW, where did you guys stay in Negril. Did you go to the Beres Hammond concert on Valentine's day?

This is Isabel again, the wife of jedthedog. For some reason I was not granted permission to post in the forum. No idea why, so I have to use my husband's account. Something must have gone sideways during my registration process.

Anyway...

We started 6 of my Jamaican seeds that I collected in Negril at the time you were there about 5 days ago. 4 popped open and we've put them in soil yesterday. I call them "Negril Sunrise".

BTW, where did you guys stay in Negril. Did you go to the Beres Hammond concert on Valentine's day?

I don't think anyone went to the Beres Hammond concert, admission was $50 US per person, a little too rich for our blood, especially since we don't really listen to reggae. We stayed at a place off of Airbnb across from Drifters while most stayed at Foote Prints and one stayed at Coco La Palma.

I put two Jamaican seeds into dirt the other day, should see some life within the next few days! These seeds were from the ganja field that only the missus and I toured, these plants were very dark, almost black. I also had two seeds from the bud with the pink pistils, I went to plant them and dropped one of the seeds on the floor never to be found again and the one that did get planted didn't end up sprouting for me. Still working on my technique.

$50 is steep. I do listen to Raggae, but lot Beres Hammond. Anyway, how did you get the hook up to go to the ganja fields? That is awesome. I would have loved to see it too. Am planning to go back in fall.

The hookup on the ganja fields isn't that hard. The first field we visited was a pretty cool setup, a younger guy had a field by himself and his plants were actually flowering although they were short. The way we found him is we were walking around near the roundabout and came upon a guy called Ice Water and he started walking with us (the "I gave you a nice tour" hustle) and showed us around Red Ground. We asked him about ganja fields and he brought us to it. The second tour was a larger, more organized affair, but the plants were all in veg. So the story on this one is that we were out in Negril along 7 mile beach late one night coming back from Jungle. We are walking past the restaurant Montanas and even though the restaurant is closed there is a Jamaican guy and two Canadians sitting there just having a good old time. They call out to us as we pass and we start talking. Supposedly they are bud growers up in Canada, etc. etc. They tell us that if we need anything or want to go tour the ganja fields that the Jamaican guy they are hanging with, Yella, is the guy to see. Yella's family owns Montanas and he hangs around there, so I talked with him and we set up for the whole group to go up there and check out his cousin's grow. We had a large group and it was $20 per person including transportation.

Sweet. That was easy. My guy was "Lenkie". He works at the "Sunrise" cafe. I am sure if I asked him, he could hook me up too. You stayed further up the road, because I don't remember a restaurant called Montana. The yoga center was further down toward the roundabout, across from Travellers. I will keep my eyes open for Yella and the restaurant next time. Thanks for the tips.

Back
Top Bottom