Jamaican Dreams

Sweet Sue, sorry if im thread jacking but i thought id come here as theres so many knowledgable people on this thread..

In a bit of a situation where im unsure if i have a hermie in the garden? Just wanted a 2nd opinion on it. Thanks a lot in advance!
420-magazine-mobile486214233.jpg

Sweet Sue, sorry if im thread jacking but i thought id come here as theres so many knowledgable people on this thread..

In a bit of a situation where im unsure if i have a hermie in the garden? Just wanted a 2nd opinion on it. Thanks a lot in advance!

Unless you're planning to breed, get that boy out of the harem.

Hey Johnny, there's no such thing as thread jacking one of my threads. :battingeyelashes: I encourage active engagement wherever we are. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Haha thanks Sue. Seconds away from getting the cutters on him! May keep a little pollen just incase i suppose!

Always Johnny, save some pollen. You never know when it'll come in handy. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Well guys, my Jamaican plant was tossing out some nice colors, best colors I have had yet. Unfortunately it was a male, so off with it's head. I will pop some more Jamaican beans in here in the near future.

I just got some more Jamaican seeds in the soil. I have been having issues with seeds lately, trying to get back on that horse. Good vibes are appreciated.

It's a bro broheim, all the balls gave it away! :passitleft:..... just sayin.... and subbed for "Bag Seed Plant of the Month" pics.

A whole group of my friends went down to Nagril in March for the Jamn Jamaica music thing... I'll hang here looking for the goods!

Flowers or it didn't happen! Post'em when you get'em!

I love how you all took your own weed with you! I could probably go without knowing I could hook up pretty easy down there. I know there's some pretty decent Jamaican grown, they have a Jamaican Cannabis Cup.....

It's a bro broheim, all the balls gave it away! :passitleft:..... just sayin.... and subbed for "Bag Seed Plant of the Month" pics.

A whole group of my friends went down to Nagril in March for the Jamn Jamaica music thing... I'll hang here looking for the goods!

Flowers or it didn't happen! Post'em when you get'em!

I love how you all took your own weed with you! I could probably go without knowing I could hook up pretty easy down there. I know there's some pretty decent Jamaican grown, they have a Jamaican Cannabis Cup.....

It's not that it's bad weed there, it just doesn't have the "kick" that Doc's soil provides. The Jamaicans were quite impressed with the High Brix Weed.

where i am in the caribbean the main thing i see with the jamaican weed we get locally is that it isn't cured well but still a reasonable smoke in any case. the seeds grown and cured myself is usually more potent and better tasting. they do have some good genetics.

Good to hear. Sometime this year I plan to get some seeds in the soil.

I just got some more Jamaican seeds in the soil. I have been having issues with seeds lately, trying to get back on that horse. Good vibes are appreciated.

I was re-reading this and thinking "Must be cosmic. I'm having trouble sprouting too."

I haven't had any problem getting germination to succeed for months, and suddenly both the Thin Mint Cookies and my Devil's Carnival are stalling. It sure can shake your confidence, can't it?

I was re-reading this and thinking "Must be cosmic. I'm having trouble sprouting too."

I haven't had any problem getting germination to succeed for months, and suddenly both the Thin Mint Cookies and my Devil's Carnival are stalling. It sure can shake your confidence, can't it?

The universe is telling us that it's time to clone!

Guys, I was over at icmag digging up info for someone and came across a thread talking about improving the female expression of regular seeds. According to Kev555, he'd been doing this for over two years and had a 100% success rate. Made me think of all those Jamaican seeds we know must be males.

The process:
* Wrap your banana peels in tissue to absorb the moisture.
* Place seeds and peels into a ziplock bag and seal.
* Store in a warm place for two weeks (14 full days, no cheating :cheesygrinsmiley:).
* Air the seeds regularly.
* Replace the peels regularly as they dry out.
* Germinate after 14 days.

The science behind it is that the peels give off ethylene gas. This naturally occuring gas, given off by the ripening bananas, causes feminization.

I know I'm gonna give it a try when I'm ready to plant my first seeds. I got really excited, remembering the selection I brought back. I might have something crossed with the Afghani with pink pistils. :slide: There's one crossed with Durban Poison too. :ganjamon:

I decided it was time to get something going with those seeds I brought back. After my morning banana I wrapped the peel in tissue and dropped it and some suspected Lambsbreath seeds into a sealed bag.

IMG_77887.JPG

IMG_779112.JPG

It's sitting in the darkened warmth of the pantry closet for the next two weeks.

IMG_77928.JPG

I've posted a note to keep me from forgetting they're in there. Out of sight usually translates into out of mind in my world, and I can't replace these seeds, so I'd prefer I not neglect them too much.

IMG_78673.JPG

In two weeks I'll have soil cooked to plant into.

Back
Top Bottom