Jiji's Indoor LED Soil, Blue Cheese Grow Journal 2017

Day 75 Timelapse - Day 31 flowering

There are no signs of expanding rust, overall she is looking good :)
The temp was 27C
Humidity 51%
No watering

www_GIFcreator_me_bluecheese_day75_wide.gif
www_GIFcreator_me_bluecheese_day75_close.gif

Best Regards,
Jiji

Day 77 Timelapse - Day 33 flowering

The temp was 27C
Humidity 50%
I have made 1L + 2 ml sensi calmag mix and sprayed the half of it over the whole canopy, the other half I've used to water her.

Here are a few pics from today
IMG_100441.jpg
IMG_100347.jpg

And the timelapse
www_GIFcreator_me_bluecheese_day77_wide.gif
www_GIFcreator_me_bluecheese_day77_close.gif

Best Regards,
Jiji

Day 78 - Day 34 flowering

The temp was 26C
Humidity 30%
Watered with 4.5L with 1/2 nute strength (9ml by each micro, grow, bloom + 4ml calmag + 4ml sensizym + 4ml bigbud) + 1g Sodium bicarbonate to raise the pH to 6.5 after adding the nutes.

Note that all the "scars" are still not expanding but I'm getting more of the bottom leaves turning yellow like N and K deficit, old and new (small) are affected. Every day I see about 3-5 dead leaves. Is that normal?

IMG_102443.jpg
IMG_102741.jpg
IMG_102244.jpg
IMG_102042.jpg
IMG_101943.jpg
IMG_101839.jpg
IMG_101745.jpg
IMG_101649.jpg
IMG_101542.jpg
IMG_101438.jpg
IMG_101346.jpg
IMG_101245.jpg
IMG_101140.jpg
IMG_101043.jpg
IMG_100945.jpg
IMG_100847.jpg

The photos are made with the LED turned off for better color accuracy.

Best Regards,
Jiji

Jiji, when you are getting close to harvest, the bottom leaves are sending their nutrients to the flowertops, that is why they turn yellow and eventually drop off. It's ok to trim them when fully yellow. The closer to harvest, the more leaves will send their nutes and then yellow. I'm not sure how long your strain takes to reach harvest, but would guess you have 3 to 5 weeks remaining. Could be a little sooner, or a little longer.
:thumb:

Day 81 - Day 37 flowering

The temp is 29C
Humidity 42%
Watered with 4.5L of water with a little more than 1/2 nutes strength (10ml by each micro, grow, bloom + 5ml sensicalmag + 5ml sensizym + 5ml bigbud + 1g sodium bicarbonate at the end for pH up to 6.5)

IMG_102844.jpg
IMG_102940.jpg
IMG_103440.jpg
IMG_103546.jpg
IMG_103644.jpg

Best Regards,
Jiji

Things are really getting frosty!!!
Very nice Jiji. I bet its getting a bit sticky in there! :high-five:

Very sticky! Today I have done some rearranging work because the colas where starting to lay on the sides of the tent and it was difficult to wash my hands after. :yummy:

Day 81 Timelapse - Day 37 flowering

The temp today was around 31-32C
Also my intake fan died which surprised me, it was arctec cpu fan and those are usually lasting forever.

www_GIFcreator_me_bluecheese_day81_wide1.gif
www_GIFcreator_me_bluecheese_day81_close1.gif

Best Regards,
Jiji

Day 82 Timelapse - Day 38 flowering

The temp was around 29C, I'm still waiting a new 92mm cpu fan which will come probably in Monday
Humidity was 44%
No watering

According to some strain info that I found on the net the flowering should last about 8-10 weeks or between 56 and 70 days. So there's about a month and I'll be harvesting :icon_cool

www_GIFcreator_me_bluecheese_day82_wide.gif
www_GIFcreator_me_bluecheese_day82_close.gif

Best Regards,
Jiji

I think I will be looking as forward to your harvest as you will :thumb:
Ok, maybe not quite as much, but dang close! And will miss all those timelapse. At least we get another month of them ;)
Great job there, Jiji!

Day 84 - Day 40 flowering

The temp is 30C
Humidity 49%
Watered with 4.5L of water (10ml by each micro, grow, bloom + 5ml sensicalmag + 5ml sensizym + 5ml bigbud + 1g sodium bicarbonate at the end for pH up to 6.5)

www_GIFcreator_me_bluecheese_day84_wide.gif
www_GIFcreator_me_bluecheese_day84_close.gif

Best Regards,
Jiji

Day 84 - Day 40 flowering

The temp is 30C
Humidity 49%
Watered with 4.5L of water (10ml by each micro, grow, bloom + 5ml sensicalmag + 5ml sensizym + 5ml bigbud + 1g sodium bicarbonate at the end for pH up to 6.5)

www_GIFcreator_me_bluecheese_day84_wide.gif
www_GIFcreator_me_bluecheese_day84_close.gif

Best Regards,
Jiji

Jiji I keep meaning to ask you - since you're using AN's Sensi line, why are you having pH balancing issues?

Jiji I keep meaning to ask you - since you're using AN's Sensi line, why are you having pH balancing issues?
If I understand correct the AN are best for hydro and when growing in hydro the best pH is much lower than the one needed for soil. When I make a mix with 1/1 strength then the pH gets low to 5.0.

The problems started around a month after I started to water with the nutes! Before that I was watering with clear water only with adjusted pH to 6.5.

Initially of course I have made a test to see what pH the nutes are making and was surprised by the low value but I thought that the guys at AN are knowing their stuff and I've decided that its probably fine.
But when the "rust" came out on the leaves I've got really suspicious about that and googled a bit to see if there are others with same problem. And I found some saying they have problems with the pH and others that don't and the difference was caused by the medium every one was growing in.

Additionally when I have read about deficits it's clear written on many places that in soil the potassium (K) is absorbed with pH 6.5.

After all I didn't changed anything in the way I was growing rather than just tunning the pH at the end of the mix and she is looking healthy since :)

Please note that this is my first grow and I'm not experienced but this is what I came up after all.

Best Regards,
Jiji

Back
Top Bottom