Jiji's Indoor LED Soil, Blue Cheese Grow Journal 2017

I agree on not worrying about the bovidas taking a few days. I had an eighth that was harvested in 2016 in vegas and was dry and crispy. Burping and bovida made it palatable. it was weak bud though.

I can't imagine anything drying out in vegas.

Thank you everyone for the awesome help that you guys gave me! I really appreciate it :)

Today is the 4th day of drying.

Trough all those days the temp inside the tent was between 19C and 25C also humidity was between 50% and 62%. Maybe tonight will put them in jars because the outside start to feel dry on touch :) Unfortunately Boveda 62 pack is still on it's way and will come after 3-4 days, hope it will not be too late.

Will post again some harvest info when I move the buds to the jars. Also I'm thinking about how can make and upload here the mega time lapse from all days, probably will have to be very fast one and with small screen resolution so to keep the file size smaller as well?

Best Regards,
Jiji

You should be ok in jars for a couple days as long as you keep burping them. The Boveda will help stabilize the humidity when you get them.
A total grow timelapse would be awesome. Maybe just a couple frames a day? But you know best, I couldn't do a timelapse if my life depended on it. Well, maybe if my life depended on it, but other than that you are the Timelapse King :)

Don't bother with the humidity pack for curing. It takes a couple days for those packs to cause the jar to reach the desired humidity. So you're ultimately doing nothing until the jar is sealed for some time.

After 4.5 days of drying I've trimmed all buds and put them in to 2 jars by 1L each.
The total weight is 129g.

IMG_127637.jpg
IMG_128647.jpg
IMG_128741.jpg
IMG_128845.jpg
IMG_128937.jpg
IMG_129045.jpg
IMG_129235.jpg
IMG_129429.jpg
IMG_129827.jpg
IMG_1302-2.jpg
IMG_130239.jpg
IMG_130340.jpg
IMG_130437.jpg
IMG_130545.jpg
IMG_130640.jpg
IMG_130744.jpg

So far the smell is very strong but not very sweet, maybe it's just too concentrated? I hope it will get better over the curing :)

Best Regards,
Jiji

Great Job man! thats a great haul. Keep burping those jars Do you have a hygrometer? The one in the background were under 3$ a piece and fit in the jars easily. Lets you know when your hard work is stabilized and ready for a connoisseur cure.

420-magazine-mobile1725944909.jpg

Gauge

Hey guys, the curing goes well so far. On the second day I've put a hygrometer in one of the jars and it showed 59% and 24C temp.
On the third day the Boveda packs arrived and I put one in each jar. Since then the humidity is staying at 60%.
I'm opening the jars for 10 min per day.
Yesterday I've cut one bud in half and found that it's still too wet inside while outside is relatively dryer. The smell is getting better :)

Best Regards,
Jiji

Hey guys, yesterday I've tried the smoke and it's pretty good. Still the curing continues and the buds are a bit wet inside but I guess they are close to ready for smoking. The smoke tastes good and the potency is pretty strong I can give a total score of 6 or 7 from 10.

I'm really happy from the result :)

Thanks for the help and support that everyone gave me here! I'm still planning on posting a timelapse of the whole grow but I was very busy in the last few weeks.

Best Regards,
Jiji

Hey guys,

Here are some update pics of the buds after nearly one month of curing in jars. Every day I'm opening the jars for 10 min in a slightly dryer environment (around 55% humidity). In the jars the temp was ~26C and humidity was ~62%

It's definitely getting better in taste and potency compared to a month ago.

this is the smallest bud (1cm)
IMG_137243.jpg
IMG_137444.jpg

the next are from the medium buds (5-6cm)
IMG_137545.jpg
IMG_137648.jpg
IMG_137748.jpg
IMG_137844.jpg
IMG_137937.jpg
IMG_138041.jpg
IMG_138144.jpg
IMG_138239.jpg

Again I'm very happy from the result :)

Best Regards,
Jiji

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom